Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
drat it, I welded on a fitting this evening that apparently had a high ZINC content. Despite media blasting the surface to a dull metal, it was still embedded. I'm going to feel like crap tonight/tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

ZincBoy posted:

That sucks. I have had zinc poisoning once and it is something I have worked really hard to avoid doing ever again. Depending on the base material, I dunk any thing that might have a zinc coating in hydrochloric acid. Cleans the zinc right off. Obviously doesn’t work if the zinc is in the alloy.

I use the 3m 2097 filters as they fit under my welding mask. Helps avoid issues with minor amounts of metal vapors. No replacement for ventilation though.

I have that darn mask sitting 3ft from my bench and forgot to use it. I chugged a half gallon milk as soon as I got inside. Thankfully I’ve been feeling ok, not great - but I’m sure this will come back to haunt me.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Wait. I ship coilovers all over the US for ~45-85 weighing about the same in larger boxes. What's this guys excuse? If you go to UPS they will estimate a ton, but through paypal I've found it to be ~50% of what they list retail.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
First guess would be quotas per folder is set to something tiny. Second guess: Firmware bug. See if there's a newer version. Also, how much free space is actually left?

the spyder fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 25, 2019

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Those would have to be some incredibly long paths for a home user. Usually the error is specific to the path length. You can always use something like longpathtool to verify if you're curious. I believe the NAS is some form of BTRFS. I would have recommended a Synology

EDIT- Do you have snapshots turned on?

the spyder fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 25, 2019

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
So who knows diesel trucks? I have Ford transmission questions.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's a 00 7.3 - 4r100. It has a rebuilt trans that lost 2nd gear after only a week. Owner gave up and sold it cheap. Wondering what's the best path forward and if there are other trans I should look at swapping in. The 97-00 F250's are known for this issue with the 4r100. I'm not looking to make massive power, I just want a trans that will last 10 years of light duty towing.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

rdb posted:

I don’t have good advice for this other than personal anecdote.

I had a 7.3 cube van back in the day that lost all gears. I had a jasper rebuild installed that lasted until I sold the van. Jasper has the best nationwide warranty, and I have always heard via word of mouth they are the best at internal updates. This only applies if its stock.

If its got big tires, a lift and a tuner I don’t know who makes the best. Maybe a manual swap, but the engine calibration is different between the two, and I would imagine the driveshaft is as well.

Personally I wouldn’t mess with it, but I am not a 7.3 fan after owning a LBZ duramax.

No lift, one size up on tires, no tuner. I'm an old man when it comes to trucks. I want my truck to be a truck. Ill check out Jasper, thanks!