Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Use a truck they said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

I kinda want a soul. But my favorite car color is white so don't take my opinion as anything.

I wanted one until I found out that despite its small size, it is apparently tall and narrow enough to fail the SCCA rollover metric while stock. Seems like it could theoretically be a fun slow-car-driven-fast but apparently not.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

GG, not even our local daconian motorsport overlord dickheads have a policy like that

I don't think they're being draconian, I think the Soul is apparently much more tippy than I give it credit for.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Google Photos also doesn't store a full res copy of your photos unless you pay extra.

I'll still upload everything there because why the gently caress not for free as a "worst case" scenario. It's also slightly scary how good the search in it is.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

keykey posted:

Holy poo poo, didn't know that. thanks!

edit: looks like free until 100GB where it becomes $11.99/year. Which is still pretty amazing considering there's no quality loss... That said there's 0 quality loss on google photos unless the photo is > 16MP or video > 1080P

Really? I know I've got more than 100GB in there already, the only thing it caps you on is non-photo files at 5GB... maybe something changed over the years?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No, people here legitimately just loving suck at that sort of poo poo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Alarbus posted:

Weird. My wife and I donated a ton of stuff to our Goodwill that we outgrew age/profession/weight/etc and I just gave them bags and boxes, and they were super happy. The only requirements on their page were that they be clean, and someone receive them (ie no dumping).

In your case I would toss/recycle too.

Yeah, the only thing the one on my side of town has ever given me poo poo on is they're super paranoid about anything kid-related, which I guess makes sense from a recall perspective.

E: At least here, Goodwill only has actual staffed donation locations. The dump bins are indeed a bit sketchy, but it hasn't stopped me from using them if I have a random bag of poo poo in the Jeep that I haven't hauled to Goodwill yet and they're already closed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I never get them because the total I donate in a year isn't going to make much of a difference on my taxes, and now zero with the new standard deduction.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Even before the changes, I have so little to deduct in any given year that as my mortgage continues to age, I was nearing the standard deduction even on the old plan.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holy gently caress that's nice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

I drive an ATS-V - the cops know how to cut me deep.

https://imgur.com/a/D4hhpXw

You zagged when you should have zigged.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

:same:

Coffee is life, though.

Problem for me is that I love caffeine, but I can only stand coffee when it's been loaded up with something like 800 loving calories in a goddamn drink.

Sugar free soda / energy drinks are probably killing me more slowly than that much sugar would.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, Brother (and relabeled Brother) printers are good. I have a Dell-branded Brother and the rollers will probably harden to rocks before I change more than one or two toners in it over the next decade.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Done that myself once. My (large national) bank even noticed before I did. It was an easy fix.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

STR posted:

I just need to figure out when they report the balance on it, so I can make sure it's close to paid off at that point.

It's been my experience that they report the statement balance, but CaptialOne is one of the banks I have yet to get a card from.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

meatpimp posted:

That's A LOT bigger.

Edit: Running through a calculator, it's 1" greater sidewall height, so 2" in diameter, plus almost an inch wider. If you've got the clearance, I don't see a problem, but again, that's a lot bigger.

Yeah going from 30.5" to 32" tires is a pretty solid jump. They'd certainly fit at static height, but I'd expect a significant chance of rubbing during articulation. My WJ definitely doesn't have quite as much room around the fenders as that, but even with a lift and a trim I still get the occasional rub from my 31" tires (factory 29").

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

eBay will let you ship through FedEx Smart Post as well, which can be a good bit cheaper for heavy poo poo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Kept forgetting to do this.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

Adiabatic best mod.

Agreed :cheers:

Also that QC LASIK post did the same to me regarding it. I'm starting to notice some more difficulty on small focusing anyway, I've worn glasses effectively my whole life at this point, I'll wear them forever.

Been raining all day here, and snowing bad enough elsewhere that pretty much every road out of town that isn't going south or west is closed. And yet I have a strong urge to go do some AWD snownuts in the Jeep.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

I just got my tax return and I don’t have a screen shot or anything but donated $100 and about a million dollars worth of kid clothes and crib and strollers and such to battered women’s shelter. They had to come get won’t tell where it is.

That's good opsec on their part, honestly. Never underestimate the desire / ability of an abuser to go through some hosed up means to gain access to their victims.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

I say "bud", but i say it in a tone that clearly indicates you are not my bud.

You're not my buddy, guy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tremek posted:

So random! My awesome wife totally humored me gushing about Roadkill for a while after.

Concern level: Freiburger

You should get down to the Zip Tie Drags in Tucson sometime.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been trying to get some Tanabe lowering springs for my car. They have been discontinued by Tanabe recently, but tons of places are still showing them in stock online.....When they don't actually have them in stock. After being refunded twice, I just started calling every place showing them in stock, and none of them actually had them in stock lol. So I decided to order them off Amazon even tho Amazon had the highest price, I was like gently caress it I just want the springs. I get an email, "your order has been shipped!". Cool, at least i'm getting them now.....Next day I get an email of refund notice....What in the gently caress you just said it was shipped!

If you don't stock the poo poo get it off your website for the love of god.

I'd wager most of them have been relying on drop shipping from the manufacturer and not updating when they went out of production.

Edit: gently caress, beaten. Badly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The crazier thing is that just the other week an EIGHT mile GNX sold for $200K. Who are these rich dudes who no doubt had mullets were buying these up and mothballing them?

I think there was some fear that any and all fun cars were going to get legislated to death and that'd be the end of horsepower. You know, completely discounting the ability of engineers to find better ways to make more power on less fuel.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A lot of modern automatics will aggressively lock the torque converter in gears other than the last overdrive ratio - so it's not the efficiency penalty it used to be.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jim Jordan, gulag 1000 years, next.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Jody Hice, gulag 1000 years, next.

Gosar literally just used "liar liar pants on fire" in a congressional hearing. What the gently caress, 2019.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Virginia Foxx, 1000 years gulag as well, next.

Trying to gag the witness under oath and demanding he forgo political office.

A better response from Cohen would have been "it's worked pretty well for Trump, hasn't it?"

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't get why they're all so hung up on book deals and movie deals, like they wouldn't be doing the exact same thing in his shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

It's always a treat to see such extreme tastelessness, goddamn.

loving lmao

That image came up in Slack today and I didn't realize that the only photoshopped aspects of it are Kane and the NOD logo. Laughed my rear end off the first time, laughed even harder hours later when I scrolled through this thread and realized where it was from.