Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Flying to Ft. Myers monday for a week because high school buddy opening a branch of his company and it's cold here so why not.

And the USB jump box I bought off Amazon continues to show itself as a great purchase. Can not recommend one enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

In other news, the central basement murder room has new storage.

Hopefully moving pantry stuff down there along with some small appliances will clear up the kitchen a bit.

As a side note, I do like that I have to use multiple adjectives in order to differentiate this from the other murder rooms in the house. This is not the front basement murder room, the back basement murder room, the attic murder room, or the second floor closet murder hideaway.

Look at this guy bragging about his extra rooms.

Ha I WISH I had some extras murder or not. Love my house but it’s small and we have SO MUCH STUFF.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

bolind posted:

I prefer digital. And not cancer.

I guess one could be whipped up with a raspberry pi for not that much money, but I need another project like I need a pineapple up my rear end.

just punch in "dimmable alarm clock" on amazon. plenty to choose from with 0-100 levels of brightness settings

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My best friend just bought a very clean and stock GX 470 and it has the “blueish” tinted headlamps. We can barely see poo poo for light out of them. This can’t be right? Are the wrong bulbs in there or something? He’s scared to give it to her because we just drove it home and it outputs crap for lighting. Thoughts?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Currently have 265/70/16 tires and looking to replace. 285/75/16 are just about $100 more total and 13% bigger. Just eyeballing and asking guys who do this more than me, do you think I’d have an issue with that size?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah going from 30.5" to 32" tires is a pretty solid jump. They'd certainly fit at static height, but I'd expect a significant chance of rubbing during articulation. My WJ definitely doesn't have quite as much room around the fenders as that, but even with a lift and a trim I still get the occasional rub from my 31" tires (factory 29").

Definitely don’t want to rub, and truck is sitting on a mild lift. It would just really jack it up if I had the clearance (and would be more attractive and worth more around here). Is there any way to know?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Anyone got tips or advice on Key west?

Just jumped on a stupid cheap round trip ticket to fort Myers first week of March. I’ll be solo, think I’ll take the ferry to key west ($150 round trip) staying 2 nights, guess I’ll stay in a hostel? I could stay at the amazing Hyatt’s free on points but seems a waste by myself. I’ve never been to key west. Or I could just stay in fort Myers and go to the beach for 3 days.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

I'll ask the Missus. He used to live on a boat there.

Cool thanks!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I was trying to use the Prado I have on the way to compare but I just figured out that the wheels on mine are 15s and not the stock size of 16s (yours are aftermarket but 16s all the same.

Mine has 31x10.5 R15s which is much smaller than your proposed 285/75 R16s, but still larger than your current tires. I'm going to guess your 285s your eyeing are going to be too big and show up with clearance issues, if only under suspension flex.

Land Cruiser Prados are fantastic as heck btw

Yes I am coming to that realization (the 285s will be too big for anything other than street use, and Prados are awesome). My buddy has pretty much convinced me to just leave what I have on there and offer to fit buyer's choice if they want to pay for them before they pick it up, when it sells.

Ferremit posted:

They really are a much bigger tyre

drat yes indeed!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just go there man. Stay as close to Duval Street as you can and stroll up and down the street and hit all the bars. Some of them are clothing optional lol.

And/or If you're the adventurous type and like exploring hop on a sea plane to the Dry Tortugas

https://www.nps.gov/drto/index.htm

I am the adventurous type but won't have time this time, plus first trip there. Will take ferry from Ft. Myers leaves 8 am the 3rd, then return to Ft. Myers night of the 5th. Fly out early the 6th. I guess I am going to sleep in the airport when I arrive night of the 2nd and then morning of the 6th, not worth it to me to pay expensive hotels for 5 hours sleep.

The Door Frame posted:

Key West is amazing, and even more amazing if you like to party. It's been ~5 years since I've last been there, but when I go, I'm drunk 80% of the time, so yeah... My advice is basically just to get yourself to a denser part of Duval street and just start walking around, stopping in at any bar, restaurant, or shop that sounds interesting. It's a very dense city and you can find some real gems if you're adventurous. It's how all of my favorite memories of my time there started

As far as specifics, I recommend all of Fort Zachary, rum tasting at the Rum Barrel, catching a drag show at Aqua, and grabbing slushies at The Flying Monkey. That last one is a big touristy place, but their slushies are great and you can kind of drink in public, so at least once a day we'd stop there for some to go drinks before doing anything else

E: Possession of an open container in public is technically illegal, but it's just a warning and getting your booze taken away for the first offense. As long as you aren't sketchy or causing trouble, the cops look the other way

Duly noted! Will check most if not all of these spots out!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tremek posted:

Speaking from personal experience, try not to go full retard:

I think these are 285/75/16 Duratracs; if I thought the 100 was slow, well...

drat! At least my Prado is lifted.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I've been offered a mint 2010 Accord with 4500 one owner miles (verified). Full records since new. New battery. I think I could get it for 9-10k cash.

Thoughts on if I could pull $15 on BAT with this? Honest thoughts appreciated.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

meatpimp posted:

That's an entirely uninteresting car, remarkable only because of low miles, but also low spec and automatic. Plus, it's still almost 10 years old... $9k sounds high.

https://www.carfactorydirect.com/2010-Honda-Accord-Sdn-Milford-CT-Norwich-Middletown-Waterbury-New-Haven/used_car/W4p3pPlpT9o%3d

Same car at 11k miles, asking $13,500. Probably something you can pick up at the dealer right now for $12k, but why.

I'm just in this game to make money. If I can turn 9 into 13 in a couple of weeks sounds like a win in my books, but I would love anyone to talk me out of it. Really looking for honest advice.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Grakkus posted:

Say to them what meatpimp said to you, and then offer 6k. You won't get 13k but you might get 9-10.

Eh this woman who is facilitating the sale is a nutter, so she will be weird about it. I may offer 7 cash and if they want it right now take it otherwise I'll let it go. I do think it would be easy money but I gotta be smart.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

He moved out a long time ago, but we still talk daily. He and one of my roommates play D&D together. I miss him dearly.

The Missus says:

My advice is to listen to him... he knows how to have fun in a strange land.

Awesome, Russian waitresses sound like my jam! Nude rooftop bar not so much! And no strip clubs for me ha

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

lmao I was just typing this

So I'mma do it anyways but this time with feeling

Coward

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0b0qdY_lo

Ha! yeah probably not getting naked on the roof this trip tho

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Wrar posted:

Dude go. It's some older people usually but no phones and if you're super-chill it's fun and IIRC the drinks weren't too expensive.

Basically Mrs. Adiabatic is right and lines up with my Key West experiences. Also just wander Duval and the couple surrounding blocks in the late afternoon/night/evening with a gentle buzz.

Eat seafood, there is good seafood there if you look for it.

Wear a fishing shirt or something breathable and comfortable. It's always humid as gently caress in the Keys. You can almost wear whatever you want in terms of dress code, nobody cares.

I haven't been to Key West in almost 10 years yeesh.

Ok Ok I will try!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
So that 4500 mile Accord? It was legit. Local Honda dealer offered her $7500 which is freaking solid from
a dealer. So I said 8 cash to bring it over to work with the title. SHE PULLED UP IN THE PRISTINE 4500 MILE ACCORD SMOKING AND ASHING ON THE loving CARPET. Now I’m the rear end in a top hat because I literally called her a loving retard and told her to get lost that she just destroyed all the value of the car. Idiot.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

There's always a but

Or in this case butt

:butt:

I went to see car last night it had never been smoked in, was perfect.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It had never been smoked in was pristine, has never left the city limits. Now the carpet is covered in ash and I don’t know if there are any burn marks but there was definitely a
Small one on drivers seat now. I was going to advertise this as a time capsule now forget it. If you knew how much this woman bothers me about stuff you would more understand, this isn’t just a stranger.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah this.

I agree poor choice of words just a little bit not upset but just, just in a state of shock she would do that. Yes should not call people that.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Let’s get back on cars. Just won a column shift Isuzu van with ~ 10k miles AI enough?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I want to see the most bitchenest mural possible on the side of it.

That one doesn't have back seats either does it? Hopefully the paper pushers can swing it through under the 2.5% tax rather than the 25% tax, not that it's a HUGE amount but it can sting if you aren't expecting it.

Crap didn’t even think about that. Was looking for empty vans to sell. I only paid $2200 so hope not but wouldn’t Ben end of world.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just got my tax return and I don’t have a screen shot or anything but donated $100 and about a million dollars worth of kid clothes and crib and strollers and such to battered women’s shelter. They had to come get won’t tell where it is.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Grakkus posted:

Does anyone know much about SW20 MR2s and could do a mini effortpost about them? Someone is tempting me with a JDM one for £1k, supposedly it has the horsepower upped to 180, a factory LSD, climate control and some other quirky equipment like turning headlights? What are the differences between regular MR2s and the JDM ones/how do I distinguish them?

For 1k why are u asking questions? This is AI

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How do you know if you have a concussion or worse?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just face planted a few nights ago and my head is killing me. Haven’t thrown up but I don’t know I have the kids and my mom is up I don’t know I’m going through some other stuff too

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

I've had patients with what the public consider "inconsequential" brain trauma that can't function, often with symptoms very closely mimicking those of "hitting the wall". Several had a clear frontal lobe disability meaning that filtering the world becomes a problem.
Speaking of "hitting the wall", after trying for find the correct translation and syndrome in English for what we in Sweden call (directly translated) "exhaustion syndrome", I found that it's apparently seen as a workplace problem in the US and not a medical/psychiatric problem. Interesting!

Can you expand on this? I got up and dressed after kids were asleep last night but my mom begged me not to go to ER. I have not been nauseous just a headache. I am at work and I seem alright. I do my best to avoid medicine so I don't know if that would help (Ibuprofen, etc... since they told me I was allergic to aspirin as a kid)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Why would your mother beg you NOT to go to the ER?

Also, I don't know the circumstances of you falling on your face but if it involves alcohol you should consider not drinking man.

I don't know, last time she took someone to ER it was her brother and he was there for 10 days.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Javid posted:

Unless your mom is a doctor, go to one. Doesn't have to be an ER if you can get in with your regular doc today though.

Called office, my doctor is on lunch they are going to ask him if i can come in when he gets back

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

This is the same post-hoc-ergo-propter-hoc error that causes people to blame their amputations on starting insulin, not the uncontrolled type II diabetes that led to the insulin being prescribed. Barring medical error, if your uncle required a ten-day hospitalization, the problem wasn't that he went to the hospital. I've seen this cognitive error kill plenty if people over my relatively short career, and increase the severity of disease for many, many more.

I've made the call to my doctor, I don't take good sound advice lightly. Feeling pretty good right now but I have insurance might as well get checked out.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Good call man.

I mean, we wouldn't be able to tell if your brain was broken. We'd just figure you'd gone back to your old posting style.

:D

Lol. Well Doc said can't do anything go to the hospital if I needed to.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’m at ER

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
They took me back immediately waiting on cat scan

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Might as well shitpost while I’m here

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Javid posted:

Man, I've been bleeding from an open head wound in an empty ER lobby and they still took ten hours to get me in front of a doctor for ten seconds. You MUST look hosed up if they took you in right away.

I look like a million bucks! Gave me tetanus shot coming to get me for scan soon. They just said fast track me nothing to worry about right

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have no idea I’ve really never been sick or been to a hospital other than having kids in 30+ yeara

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

We've been lied to! All these years and it's actually everDavid!

Ha!

And to hopefully end this chapter, the hospital and everyone there was amazing, and they have cleared me. All scans were clean.

I sincerely thank everyone for care and advice, it just doesn't make sense not to go get checked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Everyone needs to read though that threat after his return.
He goes on the warpath try to attack other peoples bathrooms.

Link? Could t find the return in DIY remember the original very well