Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

$4 for Scooter is a no brainer IMO. I also feel like $10 for Kyle Tucker is a bit overpriced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm looking for some keeper advice. I'm in a 12 team H2H points league with a $260 budget auction draft. I can keep between 5 and 9 players, here are my options:

Manny Machado - $35
Gleyber Torres - $10
Miguel Andujar - $10
Mallex Smith - $10
Kyle Tucker - $10
Carlos Santana - $7
Gerrit Cole - $19
Mike Foltynewicz - $5
Ivan Nova - $2
Steven Matz - $8

I'm definitely keeping Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, and Folty, probably Nova too (he's not great but I think he's good enough for $2). I'm on the fence about Matz and Santana. I'm optimistic about Matz but he has trouble staying healthy. And Santana is cheap enough, but I think I would rather draft someone better. I also want to keep Smith and Tucker as well, but I think I can just draft them again for a cheaper price. I might be able to draft Matz cheaper too.

I can also commit to Machado for 2 years for a $10 inflation, so $45 for the next two years. Not sure if that's worth it, but that's probably what he'd be going for in the draft anyway.

Someone has also offered me his $2 Scooter Gennett for 2 auction dollars, so it would essentially cost me $4 for him, and I'm considering that. I'm not too familiar with NL players, but I always thought Scooter was underrated, and CBS is pretty high on him too.

Ideally I want as many cheap keepers as possible. I want to go after Trout in the draft and that will take up a lot of my budget, probably at least $55. I think if I keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Cole, Folty, Nova, and trade for Scooter, that will leave me with $181 to draft with, and that should be plenty if I'm smart about it.

That’s awesome value for Scooter.

I’d keep Machado, Torres, Andujar, Mallex, Cole, and Folty. The rest are fungible at those prices.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone here have an Athletic subscription? I really miss Eno Sarris’ stuff and am not sure if he even does fantasy baseball ranks anymore

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Folty has a sore elbow. Might be nothing but just keep it in mind.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone here have an Athletic subscription? I really miss Eno Sarris’ stuff and am not sure if he even does fantasy baseball ranks anymore

I just looked and he wrote a list of the top 175 pitchers for this season earlier this month.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

I do, they launched their fantasy baseball content a while ago and it's awesome. Funston, Ciely, and Salfino write there too.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
What are the chances Brasier ends up closing?

I have a need for speed in one of my leagues and someone dropped Mallex Smith. It's down to Brasier, Trevor Williams, Colome, or Gregorius, and I think Brasier may be the one to cut

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Murderball posted:

I have a need for speed in one of my leagues and someone dropped Mallex Smith. It's down to Brasier, Trevor Williams, Colome, or Gregorius, and I think Brasier may be the one to cut

I think Brasier's chances are pretty good, I've picked him up in my leagues. If it's redraft, drop Didi.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Murderball posted:

I'm planning on keeping Brasier on my 35 man roster in a 30 team league if that helps you out.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

resident posted:

I'm planning on keeping Brasier on my 35 man roster in a 30 team league if that helps you out.

This helps, thank you.

Hope none of y'all drafted Sal Perez

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Does anyone have an opening for an auction keeper league? I am a very very active and engaged and experienced fantasy player.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Started my TGFBI satellite league's slow draft this morning. 15 teams, standard 5x5 roto. Had the 11th pick, went with Altuve and then Story at 20th overall, which is weird since I like a lot of value in the mid-to-late tiers at SS and MI but they were my top guys.

Now to wait two days until I pick again. :negative:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just drafted team #3.

12 team h2h 5x5

Just traded Whit and Reyes for Trevor Story.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I had someone drop out of my 14 team h2h goon league (non keeper). Standard 5x5 categories with SLG, OBP, K/BB, and OPB against. Draft is on the 17th. Message me if interested. Active yearly league full of fun, cool Goons.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Redraft: Garret Hampson and Nick Senzel- should they be owned over Brad Peacock or Seth Lugo?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

Redraft: Garret Hampson and Nick Senzel- should they be owned over Brad Peacock or Seth Lugo?

Definitely and probably?

Hampson should get good playing time and has huge SB upside. There are a lot of ways for him to get a full ride: Murphy injury, Desmond injury, McMahon and/or Rodgers scuffle at AAA, etc. etc.

Senzel is taking most of his reps at CF to get him into the lineup since he's blocked off at 2B/3B, but should be up soon. Also the Reds could move a bat for some pitching help. You can probably leave him in the pool and FAAB him when something opens up though.

Peacock and Lugo are both just extra arms in the pen right now, so really depends on format (starts limits, holds, etc.) I'd like Peacock a lot more if I didn't think Forrest Whitley wasn't lurking to snag the rotation spot Josh James's injury opened up.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Murderball posted:

How many teams? Roto or h2h?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

12 team standard roto. I invested in speed. Turner, Merrifield, Pham, Segura. But then some slowpokes later on.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Murderball posted:

12 team standard roto. I invested in speed. Turner, Merrifield, Pham, Segura. But then some slowpokes later on.

I love guys like Lugo and Peacock in roto leagues as long relievers and you’re pretty well stacked for SB already. They’ll give you quality innings, helping in Ks and rate stats. Maybe compromise and grab one from both groups if you have empty roster slots?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

Do you have an NA or minors roster spot? If not you can probably let Senzel go. I'd keep Hampson and get Peacock.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Is it just me or is this year the first one that Yahoo pro leagues actually start before opening day?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do you guys think Hunter Renfroe gets enough AB to be a good pick? I read the Yahoo thing that talked about how often he makes hard contact and that sounds impressive, but it also says he has to beat Franmil Reyes for the job, and I know Reyes has some hype..

Also aside from avoiding Mets pitchers, are there any things I should take great care to avoid? It's just a regular Yahoo head to head.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 3, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you guys think Hunter Renfroe gets enough AB to be a good pick? I read the Yahoo thing that talked about how often he makes hard contact and that sounds impressive, but it also says he has to beat Franmil Reyes for the job, and I know Reyes has some hype..

Also aside from avoiding Mets pitchers, are there any things I should take great care to avoid? It's just a regular Yahoo head to head.

With Machado signing in SD and Wil Myers back in the OF, I moved down Renfroe, Franmil, and Margot. Expecting all of them to get 300-400 PAs.

And I actually like the Mets' pitchers this year :shrug:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bregor posted:

With Machado signing in SD and Wil Myers back in the OF, I moved down Renfroe, Franmil, and Margot. Expecting all of them to get 300-400 PAs.

And I actually like the Mets' pitchers this year :shrug:

Well I should clarify that I'm worried about Mets pitchers not due to talent, but because pitching is possibly the hardest position to stay healthy in and the Mets training staff keep nearly killing people

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have a competitive 12-team $75 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun!!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

fawning deference posted:

I have a competitive 12-team $75 buy-in keeper league and a team is open to be taken over! Teams get 6 keepers. Roto. Standard live draft.

R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SLG, SB
IP, SV, HLD, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

Let me know if anyone is interested! This league is fun!!

What site and when’s the draft? I’d be interested if it’s on yahoo or fantrax.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did ESPN change it so you can't post a photo as the league manager's message? So boring. I have this awesome photo of a plantain I wanted for our Dominican League.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I know people like to poo poo on all the sites when they change, but ESPN is just oogly this year

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It really is. It's also clunky to navigate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did my Yahoo draft, I screwed up picking Manaea (didn't know he was recovering from injury)

C: Grandal, Meija
1B: T.Shaw
2B: O. Albies
3B: A. Rendon
SS: T.Story
OF: B.Harper, M.Conforto, M. Brantley, M.Kepler
UTIL: J.Wendle, A.Cabrera, M.Franco

SP: A. Nola, J.Berrios, T.Williams, J.Quintana, M.Gonzales, S. Manaea
RP: A.Miller, T. May, R.Iglesias

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
So rather than get into a fantasy league this year I decided to buy Strat-O-Matic, something I always kinda wanted to do since I was like 9 but never bothered. Now I can sit at my dining room table and sim games all day without those pesky "other people". Unless I'm not the only one here, and then we get into a discord and a dice server and geek out with spreadsheets? HMU.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm going to end up keeping Buxton again because I'm a big dumb idiot and then also cut bait with Sano and then Sano is going to end up actually being good again and Buxton will continue to do nothing.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did my Yahoo draft, I screwed up picking Manaea (didn't know he was recovering from injury)

C: Grandal, Meija
1B: T.Shaw
2B: O. Albies
3B: A. Rendon
SS: T.Story
OF: B.Harper, M.Conforto, M. Brantley, M.Kepler
UTIL: J.Wendle, A.Cabrera, M.Franco

SP: A. Nola, J.Berrios, T.Williams, J.Quintana, M.Gonzales, S. Manaea
RP: A.Miller, T. May, R.Iglesias

That’s a solid talent pool, but could end up being a very ugly rotation without significant year over year improvement. I’d maybe look at trading Albies for another Tier 2 pitcher and plug Wendle in at 2nd.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Because I'm an addict, here's another team I drafted. I know I waited too long on pitching. I'm trying to trade Whit or Eloy for another pitcher.

12 team h2h 5x5

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm going to end up keeping Buxton again because I'm a big dumb idiot and then also cut bait with Sano and then Sano is going to end up actually being good again and Buxton will continue to do nothing.

Just draft Buxton. He goes for like $2? Him, Sano and the Twins are all going to suck though, sorry.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

Just draft Buxton. He goes for like $2? Him, Sano and the Twins are all going to suck though, sorry.

Not an auction league. Keep 7-10 at no cost (well, the cost of players 8, 9, and 10 is that people who keep fewer players than you start drafting before you). My top six are locked (Trout, Stanton, Soto, Kluber, Buehler, Clevinger) but after that is a bunch of old/injury prone guys who I could try and get one more season out of...or Buxton/Sano.

Yes I am aware that keeping Buxton would be four OFs but I could trade one or just use the utility slot.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

This is the year to own Buxton, if ever. His price has absolutely bottomed out. He was being drafted around Justin Upton last year IIRC. That was just a disaster waiting to happen.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Not an auction league. Keep 7-10 at no cost (well, the cost of players 8, 9, and 10 is that people who keep fewer players than you start drafting before you). My top six are locked (Trout, Stanton, Soto, Kluber, Buehler, Clevinger) but after that is a bunch of old/injury prone guys who I could try and get one more season out of...or Buxton/Sano.

Yes I am aware that keeping Buxton would be four OFs but I could trade one or just use the utility slot.

Trade Trout. You can have my whole team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

Trade Trout. You can have my whole team.

The only thing I would consider trading Trout for in our league is Vlad + Mookie

I bring that up specifically because there is a team that will probably have that once Vlad gets called up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Murderball posted:

This is the year to own Buxton, if ever. His price has absolutely bottomed out. He was being drafted around Justin Upton last year IIRC. That was just a disaster waiting to happen.

Just be careful, on NFBC he was going around pick 180 all the way through the start of spring games. In you filter for drafts just in the last week his ADP has jumped to 146. Amazing what a few at-bats in meaningless games will do.