Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

VictualSquid posted:

If you are looking for a good isekai with female lead, I think "The Saint's magic is omnipotent" is the best currently. https://mangadex.org/title/23631/seijo-no-maryoku-wa-bannou-desu
"The Saint's magic is omnipotent" is great but it makes me want to find what ever web publishing editor thought up releasing five page mini chapters to generate more ad views and punch him in the mouth.

It would be fine if the stories were made with that in mind but most of the time it seems arbitrary. Mangadex needs an option for your follow list to not update until all the mini chapters are out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, you've given me new suggestions and also reminded me of things I forgot to pick back up like Bofuri.

here's a couple series with female main characters both by the same author, your enjoyment of them heavily leans on whether you like isekai powergaming or not

https://mangadex.org/title/23635/potion-danomi-de-ikinobimasu

https://mangadex.org/title/22843/saving-80-000-gold-coins-in-the-different-world-for-my-old-age

both have ludicrously overpowered MCs who exploit their abilities in the ways a D&D player might exploit a particularly broken ability. such as the girl who can make any potion in any flask making a flask that's a sword with a little potion thingy in the hilt or the 80,000 gold coins girl using her ability to cross back and forth between worlds to exploit the value difference of gold in either world, also raiding 100 yen stores for cheap garbage to sell to the fantasy world :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

VictualSquid posted:

If you are looking for a good isekai with female lead, I think "The Saint's magic is omnipotent" is the best currently. https://mangadex.org/title/23631/seijo-no-maryoku-wa-bannou-desu
I like that one but wouldn't call it a shonen.

quote:

I was going to sarcastically say that it looks familiar. But after reading it, I am convinced that it is impossible to tell which of her manga a random chapter is from, just by reading it.
Yea, she only writes one thing any more and it's not my thing.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a couple series with female main characters both by the same author, your enjoyment of them heavily leans on whether you like isekai powergaming or not

https://mangadex.org/title/23635/potion-danomi-de-ikinobimasu

https://mangadex.org/title/22843/saving-80-000-gold-coins-in-the-different-world-for-my-old-age

both have ludicrously overpowered MCs who exploit their abilities in the ways a D&D player might exploit a particularly broken ability. such as the girl who can make any potion in any flask making a flask that's a sword with a little potion thingy in the hilt or the 80,000 gold coins girl using her ability to cross back and forth between worlds to exploit the value difference of gold in either world, also raiding 100 yen stores for cheap garbage to sell to the fantasy world :v:

While I somewhat enjoyed gold coins, I ended up not being able to stand potions. The really rough scanlations combined with the (often) chaotic neutral protagonist just didn’t work for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she won a war by piling on more and more explicit war crimes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone made a list of all the violations and war crimes she committed but I can't find it. It's pretty long

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

pretty sure this one showed up in the credits page for the scans at some point

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she won a war by piling on more and more explicit war crimes.

I stopped reading right before that arc started, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Out of curiosity, is there one of those for Youjo Senki?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I don't think so, but Tanya's crimes more closely resemble actual stuff that happened in WW1 and 2, like newly invented vehicles overwhelming traditional tactics but once identified were easily countered, rather than the 'actively dangerous to non-participants' landmines in Potions.

Also, as we've seen, Tanya is very careful not to commit any actual warcrimes, by the laws of the world she's in. She radioed civillians warnings about bombing runs (Forgetting that as a little girl they wouldn't believe her) and didn't firebomb a city until the remaining militia started executing hostages (Which meant they became classed as active agressors and fair game for lethal force) etc.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You should check out The Seamstress Girl. A girl gets truck'd and ends up as daughter of a family famous for their magic-infused clothes, and it turns out she has some OP abilities regarding this magic. Except she only discovers this after another house rescues her from the abusive family.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I Favor the Villainess

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe shounen was the wrong way to describe it. I generally enjoy the whole generic setting most isekai go for- new world, register as a adventurer/hunter, go fight a wolf etc. If there's any of that with women that'd be cool.

Magic Level 9999 and Villainess LV 99 are basically what I'm looking for, although I do wish everyone was at least like 9 years older in the former. The latter is just 80 times slower at updating than I'd like.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe shounen was the wrong way to describe it. I generally enjoy the whole generic setting most isekai go for- new world, register as a adventurer/hunter, go fight a wolf etc. If there's any of that with women that'd be cool.

Magic Level 9999 and Villainess LV 99 are basically what I'm looking for, although I do wish everyone was at least like 9 years older in the former. The latter is just 80 times slower at updating than I'd like.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear might be worth a shot. MC is an isekai'd/MMO'd girl whose cheat powers are reliant on her wearing a bear costume, because that isekai God appears to really like bears. But it does hit all the adventure's guild elements you're looking for.

She's not a human woman, but have you read Kumo Desu Ga? There's also Goblin is Very Strong, with a somewhat less nonhuman protagonist, though that one kind of creeped me out.

Also, and I know you mentioned not being interested in "guy reincarnated as a girl", but there's Yasei no Last Boss. The previously a guy part doesn't really come up, as Lufasa has the original memories mixed in. Might not be your thing, but it is a really nice series and otherwise fits.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Oji-san Villainess

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Aw yeah, an actual release of Middle Aged Man's Noble Daughter Reincarnation. Good stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bremen posted:

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear might be worth a shot. MC is an isekai'd/MMO'd girl whose cheat powers are reliant on her wearing a bear costume, because that isekai God appears to really like bears. But it does hit all the adventure's guild elements you're looking for.

She's not a human woman, but have you read Kumo Desu Ga? There's also Goblin is Very Strong, with a somewhat less nonhuman protagonist, though that one kind of creeped me out.

Also, and I know you mentioned not being interested in "guy reincarnated as a girl", but there's Yasei no Last Boss. The previously a guy part doesn't really come up, as Lufasa has the original memories mixed in. Might not be your thing, but it is a really nice series and otherwise fits.

Those are all mostly on the money for what I'm looking for. I'm already reading all of those but Kuma x3 Bear so I'll check that one out now that I've heard of it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

when it comes to Resurrection Isekai, I much prefer the kind where the New Person is on the forefront. A new person who remembers things of their last life, instead of the old life continuing their old narrative as a baby, which I find kinda weird.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

RareAcumen posted:

Those are all mostly on the money for what I'm looking for. I'm already reading all of those but Kuma x3 Bear so I'll check that one out now that I've heard of it.

Oh, I thought Kumo-san was Kuma, otherwise I'd have mentioned that one too. Which one were you talking about? Neither a Google or Mangadex brings up anything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Failure has rarely been this wholesome.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Old man reincarnated into the villainess is amazing. Like, I should hate it because it's all so.... mild and uneventful. But somehow seeing him constantly freaking out because his old man reactions got auto-translated into noblewoman reactions entertains me.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's also got the twist that his daughter booted up the game he was Isekai'd into, and can see his thoughts in it. So that's gonna go places. Spin-off chapter "My dad went missing, and turned up in my videogame?" when!?

Anyway, regarding wild-animal reincarnations here's

Kumo desu ga, nani ka (Translation: I'm a spider, so what)

https://mangadex.org/title/17709/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka

Reincarnated as a weak spider in a horrible dungeon, remembering no specifics about her former life, not even her name, out protagonist dedicates herself to surviving and using her unusual intelligence for a monster hatchling to get stronger. Lots of skill-numbers-go-up, and tactically levelling up to abuse the heal that comes with it.
Later, the spider gets the ability to divide her mind into Parallel Wills, so talking to herself becomes even more literal, and also marks the start of the comedy spinoff where her divided wills turn into whole spiders rather than different voices in her head.

Kuma kuma kuma bear (Translation: Bear bear bear kuma)

https://mangadex.org/title/24244/kuma-kuma-kuma-bear

Reincarnated in a fantasy world, with really strong gear and spells and abilities... and it's all bear-themed. Every power the protagonist uses has to be bear-themed, from the mascot-costume pyjamas stronger than any armour to bear-shaped fireballs and summoning cuddly bear familiars...

They've both got animes in the works, Bear announced more recently, but also seeming more likely to actually come out?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those were already suggested a few posts up

Another female lead series is this manwha, the youngest princess, which is about the arch mage of a powerful fantasy kingdom suddenly being whisked away and awakening in the body of the newborn princess of another kingdom in the same world. And it doesn't just go "and then she grew up", no, it's about a six-month-old trying to use her vast powers of...being a useless baby, to keep her psychopath king father and brothers from exiling the maids for giving her veggies or the portrait artist for "not capturing her adorableness properly". Also the dangers of being a prophecied child in a powerful kingdom. I'm generally not a manwha fan but I'm enjoying this one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To be completely honest, I hate stories about babies so hard pass.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HATED a baby?!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thing I like about Princess is that she's not a precocious toddler, aside from her intelligence she's progressing pretty normally for a child her age. I always hate that in baby reincarnater stories where the baby is basically just a very small ten year old.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kwyndig posted:

Thing I like about Princess is that she's not a precocious toddler, aside from her intelligence she's progressing pretty normally for a child her age. I always hate that in baby reincarnater stories where the baby is basically just a very small ten year old.

"Why are you talking like that?"

"Am bewing cwute"

*Deadpan*

"...My tong too short..."

*Everyone nods*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Katarina does her very best today.

Normal mode, not hardmode.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Samenai Machi no Kissaten is an extremely chill and wholesome manga about a woman who makes the most of her new isekaied life by working in a coffee shop for witches and giant cats

it is also the :siren: the very first (that ive seen) isekai to actually finish :siren:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why dont the giant cats eat people

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

she makes really good donuts

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

it is also the :siren: the very first (that ive seen) isekai to actually finish :siren:

That's a hell of a selling point.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I am a bit sad because I have lost an excuse for recommending Sekai Maou. Previously it was the closest thing to an isekai that is good and finished.

Actually, the "Sister of a summoned saint does home cooking" manga is also a finished isekai. I almost forgot about it, and can't look up the name while mangadex is down.

e: And of course the best isekai ever is also technically finished, as it is a oneshot. I mean the one by the Hinamatsuri author.

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 23, 2020

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
This Village Sim NPC Could Only be Human

Just found this one. Not technically an Isekai, but definitely in the ballpark. A shut-in stuck at home gets a package in the mail, for a "shockingly realistic" village sim game. He doesn't get sucked into it or anything, just takes care of a few refugees with a one-page message a day and some miracles that he doesn't have the points to use much of yet.

No major red flags so far, the art is good, and although it's slow going I think it might accelerate soon. Especially since in the latest chapter the offerings the villagers have made to him in the game just started getting mailed to his real life house.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oh I've enjoyed the LN for that one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

Actually, the "Sister of a summoned saint does home cooking" manga is also a finished isekai. I almost forgot about it, and can't look up the name while mangadex is down.

You might be referring to this one, though the one doing the cooking is not the saint.

https://mangadex.org/title/27433/isekai-omotenashi-gohan

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's also +α no Tachiichi for finished isekai.

Two girls gets summoned to another world. One (the MC) is accidental and is passed over as the saintess while the other apparently doesn't have much power. There's a lot of politicking in this one, but enough action to keep it from being just a series of rooms full of people talking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks to whoever suggested Returner's Magic, this is really good and I wish I'd found out about it 4 years from now because I'm on chapter 101 now.

Any other suggestions for good Leviathan Scans stuff? I'm reading Sword King and Dungeon Reset and that's it. You guys mentioned a couple where the MC just watched people die in front of him and wasn't really bothered to save them when he could've so if it's not that, I'd appreciate it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Onean posted:

There's also +α no Tachiichi for finished isekai.

Two girls gets summoned to another world. One (the MC) is accidental and is passed over as the saintess while the other apparently doesn't have much power. There's a lot of politicking in this one, but enough action to keep it from being just a series of rooms full of people talking.

goddamn that girl is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks to whoever suggested Returner's Magic, this is really good and I wish I'd found out about it 4 years from now because I'm on chapter 101 now.

Any other suggestions for good Leviathan Scans stuff? I'm reading Sword King and Dungeon Reset and that's it. You guys mentioned a couple where the MC just watched people die in front of him and wasn't really bothered to save them when he could've so if it's not that, I'd appreciate it.

the ones I read from leviatan that I'd suggest checking out are Medical Return, Tale of a Scribe Who Retires to the Countryside, Overgeared, Bless, Sword Sheath's Child and The Descent of the Demonic Master