Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think it's as clear cut as he wins 4 and then loses 6 but otherwise yeah, that makes sense

What series is your av from? I think I recognize it, but for some reason can't think of the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

What series is your av from? I think I recognize it, but for some reason can't think of the name

Actually, I Was the Real One / I Am the Real One

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah that one, probably

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Old Man Who Was Reincarnated as a Cat

It is reincarnation, after all, though not isekai.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Onean posted:

It's been on a hiatus for a while, but a new group's picked up The Mochi I Drew is Tasty Today Too, so I figured I'd mention it.

It's not all in color, these are just the first two pages and they set up the story well enough.

Well we got to chapter 10, which tosses out this amazing exchange:

I guess I should be glad he doesn't end up buying a woman like his friend wanted, but just uuuuuuuugh.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Nemo2342 posted:

Well we got to chapter 10, which tosses out this amazing exchange:

I guess I should be glad he doesn't end up buying a woman like his friend wanted, but just uuuuuuuugh.

There was a post in the other isekai thread about how so many series accidentally get so close when they realize how similar modern day capitalism is to slavery, only to get the exact wrong message from that.

Fellis posted:

Getting this far into comparing slavery to modern capitalism and then falling flat on your face that hmm yes the traditional way must have been better instead of maybe we shouldnt have economic systems about exploiting the many for the gain of a few

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, god dammit.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
All right john brown isekai guy, it's time to write Trotsky isekai.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record has reached zero hour with the penultimate Chapter 15.

I think i was expecting more turnabouts in the Condemnation scene, but she's basically removed all the other accusers from the picture, Welcome to the Bad End, Potato Girl. Assuming that the side character from 13.5 doesn't have some part yet to play.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

maltesh posted:

Assuming that the side character from 13.5 doesn't have some part yet to play.

I'm fairly sure she's already played her part as the source of the letters to the Queen and second prince, and the ending where Potato Girl gets reverse Uno'd is what she wants.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the condemnation scene was kind of thrown off by the presence of the king and queen. like, they are just sitting there? they wouldn't have reacted at all unless the villainess set things up beforehand? and if it all hinged on disinheriting the crown prince, why did the other harem members matter?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the condemnation scene was kind of thrown off by the presence of the king and queen. like, they are just sitting there? they wouldn't have reacted at all unless the villainess set things up beforehand? and if it all hinged on disinheriting the crown prince, why did the other harem members matter?

How it was supposed to play out is that a consortium of high ranking and well connected nobles plus the prince were going to jointly condemn her while she denied allegations and made threats. Potato girl knew the script that would directly lead to her being unable to defend herself especially once proof of her actual crime came out. The Queen and King wouldn't have defended her in those circumstances.

What happened was she eliminated or prevented the entire noble faction from showing then went completely off script by apologizing and fessing up to her crime so that Potato girl didn't have a script to follow so that it was just her versus the prince. What also happened is that somewhat they are still playing to the game script where the "Bad End" for the prince's route is to get sent out of the country on a nominal conquest mission where he and the protagonist die. This is the last trap for Potato girl because Villainess knows that P.G. knows that route ends in her death and will abandon the Prince because of it leading to the Queen's passed down punishment. Also part of the reason why the Prince got punished was his sheer lack of political acumen shown by how he didn't realize that his entire support got yanked out from under him and decided to go through the condemnation anyways.

Paracelsus posted:

I'm fairly sure she's already played her part as the source of the letters to the Queen and second prince, and the ending where Potato Girl gets reverse Uno'd is what she wants.

Yeah, she had a whole villain monologue about how she doesn't want P.G. to get the harem ending because she wants to have her all to herself.

One more chapter to go for the wrap up!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

https://mangadex.org/title/6df29d13-2dab-4ca6-a0b5-74070abf3e1d/the-one-within-the-villainess
"The one within the Villainess"

A girl gets Isekai'ed into an Otome game Villainess, like in all the other series out there. The twist? The true villainess is still around and watching everything happening and learns that the girl who got Isekai'ed truly cared for her because of her circumstances.

Yadda yadda yadda, condemnation event happens, suddenly the true Villainess regains control of her body. And immediately goes all in on destroying the heroine again, but this time out of revenge for the Isekai'ed girl. It's a nice twist to the usual fare.

khy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 4, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

khy posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/6df29d13-2dab-4ca6-a0b5-74070abf3e1d/the-one-within-the-villainess
"The one within the Villainess"

A girl gets Isekai'ed into an Otome game Villainess, like in all the other series out there. The twist? The true villainess is still around and watching everything happening and learns that the girl who got Isekai'ed truly cared for her because of her circumstances.

Yadda yadda yadda, condemnation event happens, suddenly the true Villainess regains control of her body. And immediately goes all in on destroying the heroine again, but this time out of revenge for the Isekai'ed girl. It's a nice twist to the usual fare.

Currently one of my top villainess mangas. I love a story where you can root for a villainess who is still being a villainess.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Finale for "One day left" just dropped a few minutes ago. Satisfying.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

khy posted:

Finale for "One day left" just dropped a few minutes ago. Satisfying.

I really hope they make a manga of the sequel too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Surprise update of The Old Man Reincarnated as the Villainess

Interested to see where we go with Grace being here. Rest of the chapter is nice fluff although I hope that Anna's end goal is firmly becoming a lady of high society with the nerdy love interest as they have the best chemistry.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmfRZI7yIQ

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Sufficiently advanced medicine got another 2 chapters dropped.
The batches are neat, but I really wish they'd just release them consistently instead.

And c'mon thread, no posts for weeks. What are y'all reading at the moment? Any recs?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I read lv99 villainess vol 3. It was funny. I also read one called something like “starting my journey one step at a time;” it was decent but definitely childish. I am looking forward to “heroine survival” but it doesn’t really belong in this thread.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New volume of the Sponger Life came out which is always fun.

To my shame after like five years I started watching anime again, it's Frieren's fault. Going through some isekai I missed and Reincarnated as a Sword, Saint's Magic and Great Cleric were great animated. Kuma Bear however was hot garbage and I'm kind of angry about it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I just caught up with Heroine? Saint? No, I'm an All-Works Maid (Proud)!.

From the latest chapter:

Said maid:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

aka If You Love Being A Maid So Much Why Don't You [Awaken the Legacy of the Saintess] With It?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i found another multilayer isekai wn, but this one is actually good. there's an original game, and then there's a webnovel about a gamer who reincarnates into a minor villain of that game, and then there's the actual protagonist who read that wn and reincarnated into it as an extra. given that she is an orphan she has absolutely no resources to capitalize on her patchy future knowledge. so instead she decided to suck up to the wn protagonist, as he is a weakling who shares benefits to strengthen his party. but the wn was a generic academy harem story, so he's obviously terrible. and the protagonist absolutely hates this manipulative creep. then the meta goes even deeper because it is still somehow a story with readers.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Don't Overlook the Reincarnated Granny - The Second Life of a Former Villainous Empress just got a fan-translated update after nearly a year of silence. (It was apparently officially picked up a month ago by Alpha Manga, but it doesn't seem to be done well going by a couple reviews and their webapp for reading the free chapters not working.)

An Empress of an old Empire came to the realization that her predecessors had functionally ruined the nation, so she ended it by fronting as an evil Empress to get the people to band together and create something better. The highest God, seeing what she had done, gives her another chance to live freely by de-aging her body (she looks 20ish, but no age is given, and the scar from the strike that killed her is present) and moving her forward 300 years. Primarily as a reward and because he thought she'd be interesting to watch, but also because there was a likely chance she would have risen as an Evil God due to gathering a substantial amount of hatred instead of goodwill, and he didn't think it appropriate.

There's no magic in the sense of wizards or other spellcasters, but there's something because her primary weapon is a giant fuckoff claymore, she's stronger than most which surprises people and there's "malefic spawn" that are plants and animals who are aggressive towards humans. She's also hyper competent, going about retraining a guard contingent in a month, but at least that's somewhat mollified by her being a reincarnated 70+ year old Empress that intentionally oversaw the downfall of her own Empire.

It's not top tier and not very deep so far, but it's drawn well enough and fun without any glaring issues.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

This is a much better explanation than the synopsis on mangadex, which read to me as:

quote:

"wow the whole nation entered a lengthy period of peace after the death of you, the horrible tyrant; as thanks for dying and thus ushering in a golden age by your absence, I, a god, am going to reincarnate you back among them!" (no, we won't explain why she's suddenly not the bad guy)
so thanks for that, I might actually read it now lol

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, it's not a great synopsis. They were probably overly conservative about spoilers, since the God stuff isn't covered until the second chapter.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Somebody dumped a bunch of chapters of Parallel World Pharmacy and now we're getting to some of the juicy stuff in the lore and story.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

Don't Overlook the Reincarnated Granny - The Second Life of a Former Villainous Empress just got a fan-translated update after nearly a year of silence. (It was apparently officially picked up a month ago by Alpha Manga, but it doesn't seem to be done well going by a couple reviews and their webapp for reading the free chapters not working.)

This just got another update, about a month later, so that's good if anyone's interested in whether it'll be getting more chapters.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no they arent fighting malefic spawn they're fighting pokemon

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It took me a second, but drat, you're right.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yuuki, no.

Yuuki, no.

I'm not childish, you are.
The Demon King of the Frontier Life, Reincarnated to Become the Strongest Mage is pretty cute so far.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SubNat posted:

Yuuki, no.

Yuuki, no.

I'm not childish, you are.
The Demon King of the Frontier Life, Reincarnated to Become the Strongest Mage is pretty cute so far.

Isn't that the one where the little girl he helped raise in his first life also gets reincarnated and they confess their love for each other?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Read the new Ride-On King, I wasn't expecting the loving Putin-goes-to-fantasy-world-to-ride-monsters manga to have better worldbuilding and actually give a much better reason of why people on the verge of death got Isekai'd than like 99% of other Isekai series.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Guyver posted:

Isn't that the one where the little girl he helped raise in his first life also gets reincarnated and they confess their love for each other?

Yeah, hit that point half a dozen or so chapters after I posted in the thread. An obnoxious swerve that doesn't really serve any purpose I feel and is just weird.
It really didn't need that, it could easily just have continued on the path of 'village peeps did a lot of rad stuff after the protag died', which I was expecting it to.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Read the new Ride-On King, I wasn't expecting the loving Putin-goes-to-fantasy-world-to-ride-monsters manga to have better worldbuilding and actually give a much better reason of why people on the verge of death got Isekai'd than like 99% of other Isekai series.
The elves using isekai'd humans basically as a means to terraform the planet and introduce more mana is a horrifying concept. I love it!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://bsky.app/profile/mangaalerts.bsky.social/post/3kp3hlhxvy32n or https://www.siliconera.com/to-books-corona-ex-manga-subscription-uses-google-ai-translations/

TO Books (Ascendance of a Bookworm, Sweet Reincarnation, Tearmoon Empire, and The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash) is going to charge $4.50/month give you translations created by Google AI.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nemo2342 posted:

https://bsky.app/profile/mangaalerts.bsky.social/post/3kp3hlhxvy32n or https://www.siliconera.com/to-books-corona-ex-manga-subscription-uses-google-ai-translations/

TO Books (Ascendance of a Bookworm, Sweet Reincarnation, Tearmoon Empire, and The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash) is going to charge $4.50/month give you translations created by Google AI.

:filez:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manga effect does that for free, and is just as terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Yeah, I've translated raws using Google Translate. It's awful. Absolute gibberish half the time, and at least if they are just literally feeding the uncleaned raws directly into it, it's going to miss poo poo that isn't in bubbles and is going to just vertically orient the English text.

It really is a terrible experience. Absolutely not something I'd pay 5 dollars for.