Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Only on the manga, I know a lot of these have a LN and the only one I'm currently pondering is Solo Leveling or Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint (though those are korean)

i recommend to just read the manwha for solo leveling. it's way better than the webnovel. however, the wn has been fully translated if you really want to see where the story goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yeah, Solo Leveling is an OK to good story with incredible art. You lose a bit of that in the novel. The art really makes it.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I've been really enjoying Overgeared more than some of the other Manwha I keep an eye on (Solo Leveling, Returning Sorcerer, 8-Circle Mage etc)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyronic posted:

I've been really enjoying Overgeared more than some of the other Manwha I keep an eye on (Solo Leveling, Returning Sorcerer, 8-Circle Mage etc)

Medical Return is also fantastic, I highly recommend it.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Pyronic posted:

8-Circle Mage

Thanks for the new one, love to add to my list. I wish it had 300 chapters instead of 30 LOL.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pyronic posted:

I see one by Park Saenal and one by Dong Wook Lee, which one are you talking about?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

RareAcumen posted:

Also on my list of current reads.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I see one by Park Saenal and one by Dong Wook Lee, which one are you talking about?

Dong Wook Lee

EDIT: looks like this is a remake of the Park Saenal one, the descriptions i found were almost identical.

EDIT2: Park Saenal is the author of the K-novels this manwha is an adaption of.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 7, 2020

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

There are two Overgeared Manwha's. One was so bad the author of the Web Novel threatened to quit writing the novel unless they changed who was making it, because the dude making the manwhas was changing everything to suit his preferences and making all kinds of weird decisions to edit the story.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

KittyEmpress posted:

There are two Overgeared Manwha's. One was so bad the author of the Web Novel threatened to quit writing the novel unless they changed who was making it, because the dude making the manwhas was changing everything to suit his preferences and making all kinds of weird decisions to edit the story.

I thought the first overheated stopped because the guy died or crippled his hand or something

Editorial fight is a little better, I guess

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought the first overheated stopped because the guy died or crippled his hand or something

Editorial fight is a little better, I guess

I've only read about the first one in the comments on Reaper Scan's translations of the second one, but yeah I heard it was editorial fight.

Apparently the changes were super weird too. Like making the initial blacksmith (who taught him to make arrows) a 10 year old girl who follows Grid after he leaves the not-starting town, and making Irene look like a fat pig woman instead of beautiful.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
OK so the current Overgeared is basically a re-release with new art and sticking a bit closer to the original WN? If so I'll check it out.

Asking since I read the first one with the 10 year old blacksmith and yeah, it wasn't good and was really kinda weird in places.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah it's a complete restart with intention to stick as closely to the WN as possible. With much better art too.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just started it and it reminds me a lot of moonlight sculptor, so if you like this, try that.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I'm trying to recall an isekai with two sisters but can't recall much about it other than I think it completed and it got posted on here. It's not Two Saints just to get that one out of the way. The two sisters had some issues if I recall with one supporting the other through them or something to that effect.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

doomrider7 posted:

I'm trying to recall an isekai with two sisters but can't recall much about it other than I think it completed and it got posted on here. It's not Two Saints just to get that one out of the way. The two sisters had some issues if I recall with one supporting the other through them or something to that effect.

is it isekai omotenashi gohan

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm almost all the way through the first novel for undead adventurer but I'm really enjoying it so far. The protagonist has been a likable guy and has seemed to earn his abilities unlike a lot of light novel protagonists. He had years of experience but lacked the physical abilities to apply his grizzled wisdom, but now comes across the means to finally achieve his lifelong goal but it's tempered with the loss of his humanity. A neat premise and I enjoy the way people talk in the series so far. Hopefully it stays a quality series with the later books. I'll probably continue to read them once I finish this first novel.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Yes I think that might be it since according to Mangadex I had read some chapters of it. There was another one where the mains were blonde or at least fair haired, but I think that's Two Saints.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I can second this.

It's treading pretty hard into the trope of having a CEO/Major Boss furious over loss of face and wanting to destroy the MC but all the medical stuff is especially interesting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pentyne posted:

I can second this.

It's treading pretty hard into the trope of having a CEO/Major Boss furious over loss of face and wanting to destroy the MC but all the medical stuff is especially interesting.

Yeah, but we've been through a few points in the story where Kim Jihyun has a choice between do nothing and try to save a life at personal cost and his decision is always 'I reject my medical license, Jojo!' and it works for him every time. At this point, I'm just convinced that it's part of the deal the angel gave him that his life will always be full of strife but so long as he doesn't compromise his morals it'll work out in the end because it just keeps happening.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
A lot of this isn't losing his license though, it's will I give them a legit reason to fire me, and it usually is, ahh, I don't give a gently caress, I can work elsewhere, and he even contemplating quitting to actually do just that, but he has this thought like gently caress em, I want to win.

He could 100% be a Dermatologist somewhere else easy.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Speaking of Manwha this just released with 20 chapters and i'm already down with the premise and main character.

https://leviatanscans.com/comics/929440-trash-of-the-counts-family

a short description based on my late-night read:

its Isekai closer to the Villainess Otome game direction but if the character was a "trash noble" who is supposed to be a minor antagonist in the journey of what's basically a JRPG hero. He's using his knowledge of world to basically ingratiate himself with the hero, not get beaten up, and not get caught up in the grand conflict the hero is going to save everyone from (he's failing miserably at this one)

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 10, 2020

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Well, what is it? That description tells me nothing.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

kim roksoo wakes up in the world of a novel that he had read as cale henituse, the trash of the count's family. determined to live a long, painless and comfortable life, he does all he can to keep himself protected and safe. Though he tries to avoid annoying circumstances and keeps to himself, he is ultimately drawn to many of the world's conflicts becoming the central figure in many of their events.
? it's right there in the link.

https://mangadex.org/title/53724/trash-of-the-count-s-family/chapters/ there's a bit more fleshed out description on mangadex and I see two other groups are working on it as well but I haven't looked at their chapters to see if they did a better job. kinda wish leviatan was proofreading their tl better, it's a bit rough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
leviatan has been dropping series left and right lately, after which they are continued on mangadex under the name of another group that doesn't actually seem to be scanlating them. it's a very shallow pretense but maybe it is enough to get past c&d's.

as for trash count, i thought the main appeal of the wn was all the low key gay flirting. everything else kind of meanders.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
is that what happened with Survival of a Sword King then? I saw the other day it was gone from their website but translations had popped up under another name.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Everything Burrito posted:

? it's right there in the link.
Yea a lotta words that say nothing. The other link gives you more clues as to what the story might be about.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Jackard posted:

Yea a lotta words that say nothing. The other link gives you more clues as to what the story might be about.

Sorry, it was pretty late when I made the post, its Isekai closer to the Villainess Otome game direction but if the character was a "trash noble" who is supposed to be a minor antagonist in the journey of what's basically a JRPG hero. He's using his knowledge of world to basically ingratiate himself with the hero, not get beaten up, and not get caught up in the grand conflict the hero is going to save everyone from (he's failing miserably at this one)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ingratiate himself with the hero by forming a deeply committed loving relationship with him

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ingratiate himself with the hero by forming a deeply committed loving relationship with him

I dig it

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Trash of the Count's Family (the wn) suffers a lot from white space syndrome so it's nice to see a manwha of it. I had originally dropped the wn early, but reading through the manwha made me pick it back up again, and I'm glad I did.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
https://mangadex.org/title/38088/may-i-please-ask-you-just-one-last-thing

new chapter of punch princess, this is probably still the manga that makes the the happiest every time a new chapter releases.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pyronic posted:

new chapter of punch princess, this is probably still the manga that makes the the happiest every time a new chapter releases.

I thought I could escape it, but even this series felt the need to Add a pointless romantic rival. At least he makes a good punching bag

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, he's better than the last one (because she can punch this one)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pyronic posted:

Another chapter has appeared

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Scl3hxQBw

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_yYd2kKZU

the quick cuts to all the destruction she caused when everyone rushes to meet her are great. That poor dragon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New fired demon general, and I will never tire of the gag of Marika's hulk strength never being remarked on by the entire town. Also, I really just adore this series :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Two more chapters of Bakarina hardmode by another translator group it looks like.

https://mangadex.org/title/42675/ot...etsu-sunzen-hen

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

New fired demon general, and I will never tire of the gag of Marika's hulk strength never being remarked on by the entire town. Also, I really just adore this series :allears:

Too bad for demon dad, his best man is already laying down roots. But it's good that he isn't taking any of his son's poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
In case I wasn't the only one to have missed this, A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation's official English release is available and apparently has been for a while.