Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well, I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Can Of Worms posted:

I've been reading this isekai about a woman reincarnated as the wife of a noble and spends her time drinking tea, basically like a food manga but only dealing with different types of tea. A tea-sekai, if you will. The story is mostly light-hearted with some hints at some potential relationship drama, but right now it's just focusing on tea-drinking. It also has nice art and some funny moments.

My headcanon is that before she was reincarnated into a Duchess, this woman was actually a reincarnated Arthur Dent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
An overworked mangaka dies and is reincarnated as a member of the 1930s Warner Brothers animation studio.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
An isekai mangaka gets isekai'd into his own isekai, where he's also an isekai mangaka.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
An isekai anthology about people isekai'd into the objects that Megumin from KonoSuba explodes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
An isekai where the protagonist is reincarnated as himself but half an inch taller. Somehow, this matters.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm hype for more Krazy Katarina.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

egg tats posted:

I feel like the one key defining thing about isekai is the loss of agency. that's why I'd consider .hack an isekai even though it's just a video game, because the mc can't leave until they solve the story, adventure 02 isn't because they can go to or leave whenever they want

(this would also mean that the myth of Orpheus is not in the running for "the first isekai" because if that was the case your last vacation to Houston would count as an isekai.)

:stare: The time I got stranded in Newark airport was an isekai :stare:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sindai posted:

So nobody is tempted to read Dragon's Bloodline I'm going to spoil the ending because it's pretty wild:

All story long the various super powerful super old characters and gods are really cagey about some great cataclysm that's going to happen. In the end it's revealed that there are too many worlds in the universe and every few thousand years two of them collide with each other and one has to be destroyed so the other can survive. And the world theirs is going to collide with next is...Earth!

So in the end the main character and the other super-powerful characters have to fight all of Earth's gods to clear the way for one of the dragon gods to fly into Earth and commit suicide to blow it up. It's pretty easy except for the capital-G Judeo-Christian God who puts up a pretty good fight.

(But before that China managed to land some soldiers on the magic world that just happen to kill one of the protagonist's friends, which causes her to get real mad and blow up China, killing two billion people and ruining their efforts to evacuate a few million people with technical knowledge from Earth to help improve magic world's standard of living. Nobody really cares or comments on this.)

Earth gets blown up by the darkness dragon god, the protagonist becomes the new darkness dragon god, and everyone lives happily ever after. Except everyone on Earth, who are all dead.

So the plot is what if Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but emo and grimdark and probably sinophobic and racist as well? Hard pass.

khy posted:

I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss ended. It was a nice little fluffy story about an Isekai'ed girl seducing the demon lord. Short but fun. If you have any interest in otome isekai you should check it out.

I'm so sad it ended even though they finished the story. Too drat adorable to live I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh goody, I can't wait for Mustache Bakarina.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 17, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On tonight's Bakarina: Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKE!

Also Bakarina was voted the best harem protagonist by Mangadex readers a couple weeks ago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not sure but she might've been meant as the joke option but she dominated the voting from what I saw. Which is hilariously in character.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Huzzah! posted:

new Two Saints
Foreign royalty being rude? why, I never!

I dunno why but the whole thing about the stones forming on their foreheads makes me queasy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Konosuba crossover chapter?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is this the thread for Karate Idiot Isekai? Because there's new Karate Idiot Isekai.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

khy posted:

Glad you are enjoying it. Honestly these days finding a new Isekai that is wholesome and doesn't fit in with a billion other tropes where the MC is in a black trenchcoat being overpowered and showing off his cheat skills is difficult. I mean, having a cheat skill in your isekai escape fantasy is well and good but really I like variety of finding stuff that doesn't fit in that mold.

It's one reason why I love Karate Baka Isekai so much, the Protag is offered a cheat skill and just nopes out of there down to fight stuff with Karate.

That said, I noticed in the latest update of Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! that there's an ANIME COMING! This one totally deserves it, being Konosuba 2.0 and all.

Why can't there be more Konosuba anime though?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

khy posted:

Because as fun as Kazuma and Explosion Spell and the rest of the cast are, evil henchman is as good or better.

I'm asking why can't we have both.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

new chapter of ex-demon general(what's a good nickname for this one?)

dariel is a good straight man for the nonsense caravan that is every single villager in town

Man, that opening panel makes the village's name kinda unfortunate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Beware the Villainess is so great and it really fills the hole in my heart between releases of Berdia's manga.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This spinoff is really getting good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Everyone's favorite Punchsport Princess is back and punching a lot of people.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 17, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Venuz Patrol posted:

hit the deck everyone, we got another volume of shoujo isekai oneshots incoming

Yesssssss it's back.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RareAcumen posted:

Any real winners in there? I liked the second one from the first volume a ton but I don't remember a single one of them besides one where I was rooting for the lady to break away from her fiancee cleanly and being like aww when she didn't manage it.

Chapter 4 of volume 1 and 3-5 from volume 2 are my favorites for whatever that's worth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Judging from the titles in volume 3, it's getting a sequel.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, most of the time there'd be no story if the reincarnated villainess/final boss decided her fate was changeable and just hosed off to spend her life fly fishing or something.

Come to that, there's probably an I'm the Final Boss, But I'd Rather Be Fly Fishing with My Demon Sidekick isekai waiting to be translated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kirbysuperstar posted:

I should really watch Re:Zero but I did like it in Isekai Quartet when he's chatting with Kazuma and is just like "Yeah I live in this mansion with a half elf chick and her two hot maids life's pretty tough" and Kazuma is utterly repulsed and calls him a whiny baby bitch

Which is a wonderful joke in itself given everything that happens to Subaru in that mansion.