Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVlt4_6bCk

She gets reincarnated and the show goes on for another two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's a series that gets around it by doubling the people reborn in the same body. One is a Wikipedia nerd and the other a warring states general.

I don't know the name because gently caress trying to remember the giant strings of words most isekei have for titles.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Someone's been watching Daikon IV.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Tsuki ga Michibiku is one of those series where the protagonist is over powered but wants to to live normally. But the god who summons him thinks he's ugly and tells him to gently caress off without the ability to talk to other humans. It's mostly a comedy and it's pretty fun.

Isekai wo Seigyo Mahou de Kirihirake has that weird animal girl slave thing but it's his child good friend and she's freed early on and other than her insisting on calling him master it's not brought up a lot. The story is setting up some sci-fi reveal. It's okay but I wouldn't bother reading it again.

Edit: I can't be the only one who can never remember the names of any of these series and go entirely off cover pictures. Where did naming your series a giant string of bullshit come from?

Guyver fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 20, 2019

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Being a workaholic might not have have the same bite to us that it does for japanese people. Since it apparently kills a ton of people over there, either through just dropping dead or suicide. It's probably more concerning for native readers. Iris remarked something like "oh this is the first time I've passed out in this life" meaning she must have done it it a fair bit as a tax accountant.

Probably why it's used a lot. Both the slime witch and the one with the kid who controls slimes killed their protagonists with it.

I had not read Duke's Daughter till yesterday and burned through it. Now I guess I'm stuck waiting the month for the next chapter.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It might have a lot to do with Japan not having the same stigma against slavery that a lot of countries with longer histories of it have. I might be off on this but they replaced de facto slavery of non-criminals with indentured servitude relatively early and didn't have a ton of foreign territories for chattel slavery like a lot the European powers did. So the horrors that could happen to foreign slaves that no one in country would ever really meet or care about never really got into the Japanese cultural zeitgeist.

It's "bad" but there's no rightful instinctive scorn for it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

That seems to be a problem with his other series too. Where the main character makes a healing potion in a bottle shaped like a mono molecular edged sword.

Starts out as some economics manga then proceeds to break whatever super power over the story's knee.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There was a chapter last week. If they have a backlog then it could come out anytime if not another month or so.

https://ptscans.com/2019/11/16/the-wrong-way-to-use-healing-magic-chapter-24/

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Compendium posted:

Isekai would be like, I get to summon Dante from Devil May Cry as my servant.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

After about a year Kono Sekai has a new scanlator. They redid chapter 16 which someone did a no effort version of last year some time. Hope they keep with it because it's fun.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/844669

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New translator (sort of) picked up Mookhayng last month and it looks like Dark is getting his grove back.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/865550

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'm just surprised it took 76 pages for this thread to start imploding.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I kind of like the premise that earth's god poo poo on a guy for his whole life to prepare him for a role that no longer exists in modern times so gods of another world take pity on him.

Since the manga started three years after the reboot it's probably based on that.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's an anime coming in winter I think. I don't really watch anime any more but I like the fluffyness enough to at least check out the first episode when it's out.

Edit: and the manga for licenced which is why Whim dropped it. First volume should be out in winter too.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 17, 2020

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

VictualSquid posted:

If you are looking for a good isekai with female lead, I think "The Saint's magic is omnipotent" is the best currently. https://mangadex.org/title/23631/seijo-no-maryoku-wa-bannou-desu
"The Saint's magic is omnipotent" is great but it makes me want to find what ever web publishing editor thought up releasing five page mini chapters to generate more ad views and punch him in the mouth.

It would be fine if the stories were made with that in mind but most of the time it seems arbitrary. Mangadex needs an option for your follow list to not update until all the mini chapters are out.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's pretty clear where it's going. She'll fight with the lower nobles about control, undo the curse probably from the first prince's ghost or something maybe her mother's then as she gets to know Wolf Duke will have to choose between him and Totally Not the Prince in Disguise.

She's going to end up as Empress again.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's this cute isekai called Boxed Garden about god sending a girl to another world in exchange for healing her little sister. Fluffy art, spends her days happily making potions in her magic cottage, meets the overly nice local nobility, goes to the adventure's guild and

"You should buy a slave."

God drat it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

"I bought you but you should call me by my name instead of master because I want us to be equals."

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I wonder if the other Dukes were actual werewolves or reverse werewolves like the current one.

It would explain how their wives lived long enough to have children. Can't remember if they said if the Duke turned earlier in life than the others.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Siegkrow posted:

Oh poo poo that's lady oscar. All my aunts watched that.

I think even my mum got to watch it.

Its a great show. You should watch it too.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Haystack posted:

I think that the manga is trying to avoid the more unwholesome bits from the LN. Like, I think they entirely skipped the bit where she inadvertently kills a fort full of dudes and then eats them.

What why would they skip that? That sounds awesome.

Waste not want not.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's a new Spider chapter and the parallel wills seem to really hate elves for some reason even she doesn't seem to understand.

Is there something I missed from not reading the spin off manga or the novel?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Fellis posted:

Not really, it’s a future plot point that they are teasing now.

Where it came from has happened already, dots just haven’t been laid out to connect yet. I think its a minor spoiler but (2 tags): where were the parallel wills when they were outside her? stats werent the only thing they absorbed when eating Mother

Oh that's neat, thanks.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

"we dont buy or sell slaves here" *immediately buys slaves*

Also i guess we're ignoring that the Oni girl he married is 15 years old?
Are you talking about Senai and Aihan who after first seeing them Dais was going to turbo murder the frog merchant because he thought they were actual slaves and not orphans that were picked up?

And wasn't Dais really weirded out about Aruna wanting to marry him?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

yes and yes but

He didn't turbo murder the frog merchant

They are actual slaves

He bought them in exchange for the earth dragon materials

Weirded out or not he still married her
Does paying money to an adoption agency make the children slaves? Frog man literally says he's not selling them as slaves but trying to recoup the cost of taking care of them.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Your trust doesn't matter there is literally a lie detecting magic horn in the story.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Being a dick doesn't mean he was lying.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

How many people know the proper geometry for a toilet?

Not the basic concept but setting up the piping needed to make a siphon or the grade the main pipe needs to be to empty into the sewer.

Flushing toilets seem to be the go to isekai invention.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Does Planet Survive count as an isekai?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Well it's literally set on another world that the protagonists know nothing about.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SubNat posted:

I don't suppose there are other Tachiyomi users out there that know which extensions to use in the meanwhile? Or perhaps some extensions/sites that are good sources?
I've mostly just used Mangadex with it, so I have no idea which of the other dozens of sites are worth checking out.

e: Also the standard websec adage applies: They haven't confirmed if there's a database breach, but if you're using the same login details on Mangadex as other sites, you'd best change them just to be sure.
I've been using Manganelo they have most what mangadex has and they don't seem to give a poo poo about scanlator drama but there's this weird thing where Tachiyomi won't load the covers on the latest or browsing pages.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

"I need to represent tuberculosis. Do I draw the respiratory system or tits?"

I'm sure the artist had to struggle with such a decision.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I like that Arthur is horrified by Tessia being in love with him and started to panic a little.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

No the other princess that has a crush on him.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

"These children seem awfully advanced for ten year olds."

Is an issue with pretty much every medium with older children and younger teens. It's probably hard to write that middle section age of 9-14.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Ill take it over Super Genius Other World Summoner Laid Back
Healer Who Invents Rice Takes It Easy In Generic Tolkien RPG.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Do you have the slightest idea of how little that narrows it down?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

My god.

I picked the worst time to burn through the Sword Dad light novels. Volume 8 just loving ends. It doesn't even count as a cliffhanger the back up already showed up. Basically stopped mid paragraph.

The next book isn't out till October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Being clean if possible was a well known practice going back a long way. But washing your hands can only do so much when all you have is stream water and no soap. People didn't live like storybook peasants covered in mud and pig poo poo. They weren't any less intelligent.

He was making a reference to Joseph Lister.