Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't know its not usually the head of the family that are bastards. Not directly to the main character anyway and there will always be the sister(s) that loves them but like the old man is shackled by obligation or traditional.

It's usually The Twins and either the first or second inline give them grief. Maybe a step mother. They seem to always get theirs.

One of the newer ones on Asura, Baskerville, where everyone is named after dog breeds has the protagonist plotting the destruction of his family so that is a bit refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

JNovel released the first Villainess Level 99 light novel. From the table of contents it goes past where the manga is translated to and has a couple of small side chapters of people reacting to Yumiella that I don't think are in the manga.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah Apothecary Dairies is real good.

Other stuff on J-Novel I liked that ranges from good to decent time waster

Delilah in Bloom
Death's Daughter
Der Werwolf
Her Majesty's Swarm
Making Magic
My Quiet Blacksmith Life
My Instant Death Ability
My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an SRank Hero
Record of Wortenia War
The Faraway Paladin
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ha

I forgot about that, that was fun. Yeah probably the wrong thread to recommend that one.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yes it is.

You'd think dragon dong impaling someone would be more memorable.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The second Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic light novel came out and that's one that is helped a lot by the manga. I remember being bored with the first book even though I like the manga.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah Wortenia's manga is one of those that seems to be published to advertise the novels so the pacing is all over. That's what I assume anyway.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Also there's a spinoff for dahlia following the tailor girl that just started prepubs

That sounds great. I didn't even know it was coming out because I didn't make the connection.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

with slayers, it's a bit uneven because one player made a completely optimized character and the rest went for rp builds.

Lina is the joke wizard who only casts fireball made manifest.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Everyone really going to talk old isekai and not mention Aura Battler Dunbine or God Mazinger?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New volume of the Sponger Life came out which is always fun.

To my shame after like five years I started watching anime again, it's Frieren's fault. Going through some isekai I missed and Reincarnated as a Sword, Saint's Magic and Great Cleric were great animated. Kuma Bear however was hot garbage and I'm kind of angry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

SubNat posted:

Yuuki, no.

Yuuki, no.

I'm not childish, you are.
The Demon King of the Frontier Life, Reincarnated to Become the Strongest Mage is pretty cute so far.

Isn't that the one where the little girl he helped raise in his first life also gets reincarnated and they confess their love for each other?