Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I fell off of Disciple when the time and dimension hopping and character reincarnation got so complicated near the end I no longer knew who most of the characters actually were.

That said the first couple of arcs are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
His lizard girlfriend is extremely good

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 13, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Realist Hero is one of those stories like Slime or Release That Witch where you can tell almost immediately what the author majored in.

Which isn't to say it's bad. It's unique and fairly interesting since it comes at the genre from a political science perspective. The silly part is that every other volume ends with the author's self-insert having no choice but to get engaged to a beautiful woman for political reasons despite how much he loves all his current fiances and totally doesn't want any more. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The reason is because the main purpose of the stories is as a power fantasy (just....a really lame one where the fantasy is "being strong in a video game").
I always appreciated LMS just going all-in and having being strong in a video game also earn you hundreds of millions of dollars, literally the most beautiful woman on the planet, and effective rulership of the entire real world because the AI that runs the game also controls the internet.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 24, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sounds like you're reading it...completely right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
NU's search is pretty good if you can guess it's actually called "series finder" :v: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/

Just change the tag combiner to AND and put in all the ones you want.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The WN translation is through several major arcs and it's still pretty funny.

The translation of the manga is much, much better though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It was downright unfair to the Demon Lord, really. I bet he was cold

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This is fantastic, especially after the heroine shows up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
New Ultimate Defense Girl: https://mangadex.org/chapter/591904/1

In which it becomes the most realistic VRMMO manga when the game's developers directly target nerfs at the protagonist :lol:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Isekai Quartet is a lot better now that it's done reintroducing each series separately and they actually interact with each other. Kazuma and Subaru are great together.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They should animate that in between konosuba seasons.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's a monthly so it's slow going but I think we're pretty close to leaving the labyrinth.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Forget about that, we have a serious emergency: her shield no longer matches her armor!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

nrook posted:

When's the best natural stopping point for reading it? I saw it's on hiatus, and I don't want to be left hanging on a cliffhanger, but it's not exactly like it's a series with a ton of cliffhangers to begin with.
Yeah I think it's fine to just read up to the most recent chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Spider seems tricky since a version from late in the series would be a huge spoiler from way beyond where the manga and anime will be by then and early in the series she can't talk and has no supporting characters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
On second thought just having a giant spider build a nest in one corner of the classroom's ceiling and communicate through spider charades while talking to her extra personalities internally would be great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Bakarina: https://mangadex.org/chapter/655815/1

That's weird, the way I remember it in the WN it was Mary who was her friend from her previous life.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hmm, I wonder if the second most marketable character in Slime is going to stay dead...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I got around to reading TTIWDBH yesterday and it's doing a pretty nice and steady mystery ramp-up that's way more interesting than what I expected after the first chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
On an actual good isekai note, This Time I'll Be Happy just does not slow down: https://mangadex.org/chapter/665190/1

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

What is the anti-goblin slayer
There's Goblin Kingdom, which is about an isekai'd goblin growing his goblin tribe into an advanced multispecies empire to avoid being massacred by humans. That said I stopped reading it a ways in because it was repetitive and not very well written.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Release That Witch blows through the industrial revolution and was already at simpler WW1 tech when I stopped reading, and that wasn't even the halfway point I think.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh I thought that was referring to Seikon no Qwaser

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah in Bakarina it's pretty much The Joke. At this point in Hero's Wife it feels like the protagonist is being written out of character to create drama, which is frustrating to read.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Some parts are a bit confusing (mostly why she rolls backwards and off the cliff for no apparent reason), but according to the comments there are pages missing from the version on mangadex so maybe that's why.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 12, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finne's :geno: fighting face makes it twice as good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't blame the author for not wanting to write two different versions of the same story.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Broke Mercenary isn't Goblin Slayer but it's pretty dark in its own way. Almost every arc they just barely survive while lots of other people die horribly.

The main characters are great though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Except it should be "her loving husbands and wives."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Maple Syrup :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Smart devs monitoring Maple to see what she breaks next.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
So nobody is tempted to read Dragon's Bloodline I'm going to spoil the ending because it's pretty wild:

All story long the various super powerful super old characters and gods are really cagey about some great cataclysm that's going to happen. In the end it's revealed that there are too many worlds in the universe and every few thousand years two of them collide with each other and one has to be destroyed so the other can survive. And the world theirs is going to collide with next is...Earth!

So in the end the main character and the other super-powerful characters have to fight all of Earth's gods to clear the way for one of the dragon gods to fly into Earth and commit suicide to blow it up. It's pretty easy except for the capital-G Judeo-Christian God who puts up a pretty good fight.

(But before that China managed to land some soldiers on the magic world that just happen to kill one of the protagonist's friends, which causes her to get real mad and blow up China, killing two billion people and ruining their efforts to evacuate a few million people with technical knowledge from Earth to help improve magic world's standard of living. Nobody really cares or comments on this.)

Earth gets blown up by the darkness dragon god, the protagonist becomes the new darkness dragon god, and everyone lives happily ever after. Except everyone on Earth, who are all dead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Youngest Princess is pretty good so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's definitely the best translated yuri webnovel I've seen.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 26, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Beware the Villainess is rapidly becoming my second favorite otome isekai.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Herbotron posted:

It just keeps getting better? I was not expecting this when she asked for an introduction to a swordmaster but it's the best direction it could have gone, imo.
Nice arm and leg definition on the last page.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe Kumoko is dead

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm surprised they weren't already automatically resizing and optimizing all uploads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They're probably in the minority but they exist, Slime and Death Mage spring to mind.

Heck you described Death Mage pretty accurately. Since the main character can create practically infinite numbers of undead and golems with a wave of his hand they handle most manual labor in his empire.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 30, 2020