Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

What was the isekai where some office people die and when selecting their jobs the old boss lady tries to get her old underling to work for her again, but he declines?

Sekai Saikyou no Kouei: Meikyuukoku no Shinjin Tansakusha?

RottenK posted:

are there isekais about people and creatures from fantasy worlds reincarnating in ours

Re:Creators :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
J-Novel Club has the Bakarina license, they tl'd the title as "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!" I don't know how good their translations are.

I don't believe Duke's Daughter is licensed.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The Gamer has a thread in case anyone was super intrigued by that.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

The translation is a bit rough at times but The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic is really loving good. ch. 15 came out like 7 hours ago and caught my eye.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I only read like, four chapters, so I don't know if it turned awful, but the wrestleman with a pet store isekai starts that way. Claims to be by the Konosuba guy, for what that's worth.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Onean posted:

Is Mushoku Tensei any good? It's one of the handful of series that never disappears from my Amazon recommendations.

The novel the manga is adapting eventually gets around to slave owning harem stuff, afaik the manga hasn't gotten that far yet. However it keeps emphasizing from the start that the main character is a grown rear end adult in his 30s in the body of a kid, which makes the romance with the girl his own age gross.

Also, Wikipedia has one of the funniest summaries I've seen for one of the volumes:

quote:

Two years after Eris' departure, the psychological trauma left Rudeus impotent. Since then, Rudeus has been adventuring and spreading his name in order to search for his missing mother. Roxy's companion, Elinalise Dragonroad, relays Zenith's location to Rudeus, and how the others wish for him to live his life instead. On the advice of the Human-God, Rudeus and Elinalise enroll into Ronoa Magic University, to cure his erectile dysfunction.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 17, 2019

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I Shall Survive Using Potions just straight up turns into I Shall Survive Using War Crimes and that's hilarious.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Please post about good isekai you like, not bad isekai you want to dunk on, in this, the good isekai for people who like isekai thread.

The Final Boss Gets Relentlessly Owned updated.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I've enjoyed it so far.

Swole captain rules.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Onean posted:

There's a living world with an independent supporting cast and the MC's actions have repercussions.

I don't really follow how this distinguishes it from any other otome isekai?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Ah, fair enough. Thanks for the rec, the first couple of chapters have been pretty good.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Nalin posted:

The LN translation was very good, but Skythewood pulled it offline since it got picked up by J-Novel. But ugh, Wild Game is one of my favorite isekai stories ever but the manga adaptation is just terrible.

What makes the manga so bad?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Only Sense Online is VRMMO and not Isekai, but it is an MC who hasn't played the game before.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Sekai Game is a broken rear end game, but the MC knows all the exploits, and the exploits do exactly what he expects them to do.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Just do an Everworld and get Isekai'd with a highschool chemistry textbook.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Fellis posted:

I barely remember this but doesn’t it go hilariously wrong because the MCs trade the book to some blacksmiths by showing them the steel alloy chapters and much later the blacksmiths show up with cannons and the MCs are like “ohh gently caress gunpowder was in there also huh”

Something like that, yeah. Everworld was cool.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
It's just a meme, yes.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

The greatest hardship of all.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Factor_VIII posted:

I really disliked Tanya as a character due to the fact she's a manipulative sociopath who puts less value on the lives of those around her than a normal person would put to the lives of ants. She'd happily manipulate, injure or kill anyone if it benefited her in some way with absolutely no hesitation. I also didn't like that she was a genius with insane magic powers. The god that send her there was supposedly trying to teach her humility, so making her as overpowered as the average Narou isekai protagonist made no sense.

I would really describe it more as X was trying to teach Tanya to believe in X instead of being an atheist, thus the prayer she has to say every time she wants to use her magic.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

is there a good isekai that involves someone from a fantasy world dying and reincarnating in another, entirely different fantasy world?

in my head this would be a cool vehicle to explore culture clash without having to accurately represent real life cultures

I don't know about "good" because I didn't read past the first chapter, but Ex-Hero Candidate's, Who Turned Out To Be A Cheat From Lv2, Laid-back Life In Another World does the fantasy to fantasy isekai.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

K Prime posted:

Where are you reading that? I can't find anything beyond chapter 16...

up to vol 6, ch 16

Hasn't updated in actual years thho

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
It's beautiful.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Top is Reincarnated Vampire who wants an Afternoon Nap.

Don't recognize the one on the right.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Top is Reincarnated Vampire who wants an Afternoon Nap.

Don't recognize the one on the right.

The other one was Evil Dragon Reincarnation which I haven't read so idk if it's any good.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Hopefully it continues to not adapt the prologue.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I read the first chapter and was tentatively interested but 2nd chapter really turned me off to it. The "masculinity" stuff was certainly a thing :stare: Beyond that, his idiocy is not appealing and his idea of "hunting" being to violently slaughter half of an entire herd of bison was kind of a weird flex considering the whole "colonization of a native tribe's land" thing it already had going on. This one might not be trying to be creepy but it has a weird vibe to it so I"m gonna pass.

Did he do a whoopsie daisies and accidentally marry a teenage girl.

Is that what happened in chapter 2.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I can't believe the thing written by the Sevens author has problems with women.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
To be more spoilerific about it: if memory serves, the reason his sister is a barely human monster who mind controls anyone in the vicinity is that, instead of having the reasonable male half of their family tree in her head, she has the female half

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

khy posted:

The princess is totally gonna become his disciple isn't she

Have another while I'm at it :

Live Dungeon

The TL;DR version is that a gamer wants to finish a 100-floor raid before a game is shut down but can't get a group, so he 5-boxes it and succeeds. Then he gets Isekai'ed over to the world of the dungeon. Turns out that everyone there is basically stupid and just Zergs content without paying attention to party comp, and uses healers as disposable rez bots. So he finds two adventurers and decides to take on the dungeon with an actual strategy and balanced team. Also he gets poo poo on constantly because of course he does.

It's OK, not as funny as Karate Idiot but worth a look if you have run out of other stuff to read.

You know what, I'll take the revenge fic written by a bitter healer over the revenge fic written about a girl who didn't go out with you in high school.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

khy posted:

But is it Isekai? Is she reincarnated or something and we don't know yet? It's good either way I'm just curious.

As far as I got in the WN, no.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I'm tilted that I wasn't made aware that Funa was getting an anime of her shows.

Is it simulcast anywhere?

Make My Abilities Average is on CR

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Fun Fact: According to Frog-kun, she's good friends with the author of "Master of Ragnarok" author who is apparently a single father who got into the writing business since none of the other jobs provided universal single parent child care and only applied it to single moms so he became a writer since he could work from home on his own time which gave him freedom to support his daughter.

The afterward of Sexiled has her describe the Master of Ragnarok author as her mentor.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Arc 2 of Cheating Men Must Die wrapped up. For those concerned about how much focus was put on the 'other woman' in arc 1, that character barely appears in arc 2, it's all about ruining the dude's life.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Y'all keep trying to explain how it's not the incel mra fantasy it sounds like and are not succeeding at this.

The Iori Yagami (yes, as in King of Fighters) isekai started, and it's not good, but it is funny enough to be worth a look.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Any good isekais where a dude is isekai'd as a woman? There's the yakuza one upthread thats cool

I suppose I'll take bad isekais if needed

The Reincarnated Vampire Wants an Afternoon Nap is mostly fun, except for the one random chapter where another vampire tries to sexually assault the protagonist. maybe the later source material gets bad, idk tho.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I have read a lot of very poorly written fiction, so it's part just having low standards, and part reading more for the plot than the prose.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The Wolf Won't Sleep updated

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

The quality varies but man, the second chapter of this loving rules, I'd definitely read a manga of that.

Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness!

Also, muscles are good. Love to see a "villainess" manga of a buff villainess.

May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing isn't strictly buff, but the villainess does punch a lot of people so.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The Level 99 Villainess gives no fucks about high school romance shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
New Only Sense Online