Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

You know it's a serious issue for them when the Japanese language has a word that specifically means 'death by overworking'.

Not really, that's just the way the japanese language works.
You can stick "death" to anything that could kill you and get a new word that can mean "death by X".

e: looking through a dictionary for weird death words, this was the best one:

quote:

キュン死
Noun, Suru verb
1. one's chest tightening up (from emotion) so much that one feels one's heart might stop; "dying of cuteness"​

Tamba fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The Kumoko light novel also starts going off the rails around the point where the manga is now.
It's basically a different story that occasionally picks up elements from the web novel (unlike the beginning, which was mostly the same with slight editing)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ianmacdo posted:

So which one is better now?

I'm reading volume 10 right now, and it's definitely the LN version.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Any Isekai with a female lead and a wholesome romance? I've already watched/read Bakarina and The Sage's Magic Power is Omnipotent and I'm looking for something similar. Basically what I'm looking for is more otome games manga or I could go for a translated ln, official or fan. I know I pretty much have exhausted anime with those themes, but surely there are manga or light novels out there I could enjoy.

Give Tearmoon Empire a try. It's not actually Isekai, but still quite similiar to Bakarina.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

khy posted:

No trip where he assembles a harem of superpowered monsters (Though he does have some monster friends, being a mid-boss and all).

I like how every other character has their own distinct love interest. (Except for the hero also being into the healer girl, but that seems to be more of an excuse to set up the mage girl as an 'unrequited love childhood friend' archetype, and not to seriously challenge the main relationship)