Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Onean posted:

New Endo and Kobayashi, and we're so close to finally getting to meet Finne's mother. :allears:

I like this one.

Theres so much good stuff out right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

You might take a look at the Survival of a Sword King webtoon -- the MC gets thrown into a game-like world but his guideline (info display + level up system + skills etc.) is hosed by a glitch and he can't raise his level far enough to get out of the lovely beginner zone so he spends like 20 years grinding levels 1-4 over and over against increasingly more powerful monsters because it's scaled to his actual XP rather than his level :v: He does eventually get out but then he's got other problems that arise from being on the surface a low-level noob. He's still extremely overpowered due to the grinding so his challenges lie more in navigating a system where things are level-locked and hiding the fact that he's from another world. It's also mostly a comedy so it may not be anything near what you're looking for but I think it's pretty fun.

I binged the webtoon. I like the setting and how it works to restrain the MC's actions. The other people who got isekei'd went rampaging and the world's rulers set up an inquisition to purge them and anyone who dares to offer them comfort.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

khy posted:

New chapter of Beware of the Villainess! up where she bitchslaps the leader of the werewolves into total compliance.

You forget the important part

She stole the +1 sword and also gained a werewolf husband

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

beware of the villainess has quickly gone from kind of okay to transcendent after the mc got the ability to do more than scheme impotently.

Indeed.

I am also glad that Nine while unhappy has accepted the ship and is supporting the lesbian stabaclysm

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

there is one godawful webnovel with a godawful translation i read where an early antagonist was named count monarch. and since it was terribly vague about politics, it was hard to figure out if he was a count or a monarch.

I have read some of that I THINK

he is a count who is a direct relative of the royal family and thus a ROYAL count. this seperates him from the other nobles who form a counter-faction to the royal family. And there are if I remember magically powered mecha

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

dias explained in an earlier chapter that even if he buys and immediately frees slaves, that is still just providing more demand for slaves and profit for slavers.

This comic is very much hitting the right notes on "SLAVERY BAD" and "RAPE BAD"

Also the ineffectualish but somehow effective bad guy getting his balls crushed by Dias in a flashback is pretty pro tier.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The elf girls had loving parents who died of something that gave them enough time to prepare their legacy seeds for the kids, that points away from say sir frog killing the parents and enslaving them. Now is the frog a good person? Not really, but one big theme of the series is subverting expectations.

Duke Elhan is played up as being a wicked evil mofo. -> CHILL Dude
etc etc.

Frog is probably one of the Beast King's spymasters which is what he is talking about in regards to guileless. Frog was checking Dias out and gauging what Dias would do in the future. Then figuring "SAP" dropped off the kids to encourage Dias to stay home and out of the way.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Time Loop based novels are pretty difficult to pull off well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Seconding NOT-Putin. Good read.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Give me a strategy RPG game with Otome game elements that's a crossover between all the various Villainess manga that are currently out there.

Super Villainess Wars.

I would buy but only as long as Sangar and Elzam make guest appearances in full Victorian garb including corsets.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I fell off that one real quick, especially because they could have just straight told him.

"you slaughtered your companions... thats literally the only reason we failed you. DO IT AGAIN AND DON'T GO MURDERING YOUR ALLIES THIS TIME... even if they are utter douchebags"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The main reason I'm reading it is on the hope his stuff gets unfucked and he goes back home, the side characters are interesting enough, but it's not selling me so far because the whole "strong man is level 5?! how can this be!" got old after 10 chapters. Just move past it and focus on more important stuff instead.

Read the first chapter of Overgeared :shrug:
Read the first chapter of Tomb Raider King :shuckyes:

You just ignore the levels once they come up with the excuse not to measure him anyway, much better to look at the side characters

Also the evil god making it so killing the native folk of the world is magical cocaine is an interesting piece as well

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hanbin is powerful but there are active players who can match and potentially outmatch him in combat power, and often times the situations he ends up in are not ones you can simply CLEAVE your way out of initially, once you resolve things down to a point, they do become quite smite-able

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The inquisitor guy kind of explains it. The "skills" they use are basically pre-set rote maneuvers that someone with knowledge of otherworlders can recognize, Hanbin on the otherhand is using a very strange technique developed over 20 years for slaughtering the endlessly bigger helldogs he had to keep fighting.

Actual people of the world they are in develop their "skills" organically through the use of their aura/prana/other poo poo. Hanbin broke through the system and can use aura organically now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yakuza princess reincarnation seems pretty gud from the first chapter.