Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Oh wow, I completely missed this one and just binged all of it.

Will is a good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

everythingWasBees posted:

Unrelated, but hiiiighly reccomend This Girl Is A Little Wild, it's one of my favorites right now.

The last chapter ends leaving me wanting more. Come on chapter 6, please come out soon.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Clarste posted:

I guess that narrows it down, but it's certainly not the only thing in that search.

Edit: Also I found a good one recently that isn't technically an isekai (just the girl going through a time loop so she has memories of her "bad end") which wouldn't have been found with that search.

What's the title anyway?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Clarste posted:

The one I found that's not an isekai?

I Swear I Won't Bother You Again

I dunno if it's actually good in a general sense, but I like the fact that because she's not reincarnated she identifies more as the person who actually acted like a villainess, and she's basically wallowing in guilt and self-hatred as she tries to carefully remove herself from her own life.

Thank you, I really enjoyed this!

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm kinda interested in VRMMOs as a genre, but I was wondering whether there was one that went a little bit more cyberpunk with it and explored the idea of the character you create in the MMO having a life of its own or even somehow gaining control of the player itself. It just always seems to be the theme of these things to focus on the virtual world itself instead of how it can interact with the character's psychology.

It’s not from Japan, but “Forever Fantasy Online” is a novel series that explores that, along with the feeling of being trapped as an NPC in a game world.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

everythingWasBees posted:

hi no this is the wrong thread for series with those kind of issues. there's no shortage of series so we can more than afford to be picky.

I made a lovely flowchart using the shittiest flowchart app in the play store that could maybe help some of you figure out whether or not to post a series in this thread.

This is perfect.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

RareAcumen posted:

Different World Hospitality Meals The plot of this one seems to be new world and you're just cooking meals for people.

This one is really good. Also a wonderful food manga.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Still though, awesome woman need more love in manga.

Thank you for posting.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Nipponophile posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/43291/middle-aged-man-s-noble-daughter-reincarnation

"Description: The mangaka of Zoids drew the sort of Villainess Otome Isekai story he would like to see."

This is really good.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Herbotron posted:

Latest chapter of Beware of the Villainess is outstanding.

I’m glad that the author is pushing things along faster now. I’m also glad that all the players are equally tired of everyone’s BS.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

amigolupus posted:

I second the recommendation for The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass. It helps that while Aria is mean, there's a good reason for that. She grew up dirt-poor and starving, and then was taken into the Roscente household where absolutely no one bothered to give her a chance and always looked down on her. Of course she's going to be bitter and cynical about everything. Despite it all, Aria doesn't cross the line into being a smug sociopathic rear end in a top hat that you see in a lot of garbage "getting revenge" isekai stories.

I just openly swore when a had caught up.

I enjoy how this started off feeling like a count revenge story, but has slowly turned into a character discovering self worth.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Zero_Tactility posted:

That's absolutely hilarious. I just re-read Tondemo Skill over the weekend, and was like "This is such a nice series. Just A+ good times of a dude, and a large wolf, and a slime"

2020 continues to be like "Something good existing? Nope!"

Oh wait, it's that one? Noooooo.

That series was so nice. :(

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Clarste posted:

I Raised Cinderella Preciously just got a huge chapter dump. I thought the thread might like it.

Basically, it's about someone who reincarnated as Cinderella's evil stepmother, and while she quickly makes the easy decision to not abuse her stepdaughter, that still leaves her with the trouble of being a single mom with no income but three daughters who really need dresses for the upcoming ball. Politely restrained hijinks ensue.

This is very good, if only for the main character dunking on the Queen

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

RareAcumen posted:

Sorta kinda, The Holy Grail of Eris

The MC starts off as kind of a polite doormat but the ghost of the villainess from like a century ago is floating around her since she's the only one who seems to be able to see her for now and she'll possess her to make her stand up for herself every so often.

Isekai Tensei Soudouki

This is great, they are both learning and growing from each other.

It’s a nice change from one personality being god and the other being a terrible one that gets ejected.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Huh. I thought the calling card was the inevitable black trenchcoat armor.

I thought it was the terrible mask.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

chapter 2 posted:

Sure, I could convert them into pills, but I was extremely suspect about all the pills these people choked back. I’m half convinced the reason every cultivator is so drat nuts is because of all drugs they did.

This is going to be enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

SubNat posted:

The One Within the Villainess

Standard 'lady gets isekaied into villainess', but the villainess just hangs around in her head instead of vanishing, and ends up seeing the reincarnator as a sister and friend.
You get the standard route where the reincarnator befriends everyone and makes everything better.... until everything goes to poo poo, and the original villainess takes over the reigns again.
Probably one of my favorite examples of dueling reincarnators so far because of how incredibly lovely the situation feels. Also has some excellent faces.

I feel like this will get an ending and not patter on forever.

It's also quite good.