Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
The Wholesome Isekai and VRMMO Thread for people that Like Isekai and .hack: She had just beaten him into submission and he was not erect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
^^^ I know, it makes the other isekai thread sound THAT much more filthy.

Also quote is not edit.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
All kidding aside, I just binged all of "The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass" and it was really good. Definitely has the type of political intrigue going on that I like. However, I particularly liked that there is literally a magic hourglass involved, and atypical of "cheat" abilities, using it costs the MC juuuuust enough to keep it from being overused.

It is wholesome in that the MC VERY slowly grows as a person, and finally has a moment besides having two people set up into a relationship that is convenient for her, she realizes she genuinely wishes for their happiness.

MC also gets bonus points for forming up a cool maid crew, and winning over most of the other maids in the house (who all hated her during her first life).

So thank you for recommending that, thread! Keep up the good work.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Punch Princess, on the other hand, is extremely my jam.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Huzzah! posted:

speaking of princesses who punch, new Yakuza Reincarnation
a nice relaxing day of fishing.

Correction, Punch Princess and Yakuza Punch Princess are super extremely my jam.

And entirely wholesome.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I don’t think Subaru was even his by a truck crossing a street at the beginning, so he hosed that part up too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Big Witch Hat posted:

Yuri really lives up to her name.

Yona still best character, tho.

vvv oh that's a good catch! There doesn't seem to be any downside to not having magic- it's like being born with a non-reloadable gift card with a random amount to it.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 29, 2020

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Brought To You By posted:

Found something that nearly split my sides. The crossover I didn't know I wanted but it counts as isekai right?

Kemono Friends if a Snake Friend Appeared in Japari Park Instead

This is loving awesome and absolutely, it should

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ai girlfriend posted:

it's probably a clip studio asset or something

It’s only a model

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

she still kills the guys and nukes the fort, she isnt shown eating them though as far as I can remember

Fort guys is good eating

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Honestly at this point a cocaine habit would probably be healthier for me, rather than rummaging scanlation sites for isekai and villainess and isekai villainess scans twice a day (thrice Saturday)

And in the “dunno if this was posted before” but I am fond of ”The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes” and perhaps you will be too. If nothing else, you will learn a lot about tea!

A dull-as-dishwater pushover office lady with conveniently no earthly ties fucks up a major project and gets fired. She goes home, falls asleep, and wakes up as a duchess!... with one catch: the original duchess was far more timid and wishy-washy, to the point that the poor thing basically shrank her soul into non-existence. The new owner-operator finds herself in a loveless political marriage, an absolute joke in society, and is bullied by her rear end in a top hat maids.

After a week to adjust, she asks her incredible rich but icy-cold husband for the one comfort she had from her past life - tea. Surprised, the Duke buys her all the tea in the empire, easily, as there isn’t really a tea culture (yet). It is a new start for Duchess Chloe: tea drinker, tea advocate, and future darling of high socie-tea!

I like it because it’s a slow-but-steady plot with reasonable circumstances that makes Chloe’s achievements more believable (such as in the Empire not having many tea drinkers because a tea culture never came about - she doesn’t “invent” an entire industry) and satisfying (she slowly regains the respect and control of her household, and her husband warms up to her suddenly assertive wife). And of course, you’ll learn the basics of brewing tea and tea infusions and also tea cocktails and did you know you can bake with tea and and

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh and also rosehip tea! Did you know it’s chock full of vitamin C? And also you can make a syrup out of black tea for making milk tea and even pour it on pancakes and oh yes, there’s smoked teas that have a bacony flavor and pair nicely with ham too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Argue posted:

I just caught up with the one about the Duchess who revolutionizes tea and I think my favorite part is how 92 chapters into this world which is essentially Earth in all but name, they suddenly mention that lamps were invented by powerful wizards from the Tower of Masts and that these lamps are powered by mana--the first mention that magic even exists in this world--only for this factoid to never be brought up again, in favor of just giving us more tea.

Actually it comes up a lot sooner than that, but long after it begins and it’s just as awkward - there’s mention of a magical forest full of monsters and a magical icy lake full of even worse monsters. Mrs. Collins suggested the lakeside to Chloe (via a maid) as an ideal place to picnic, hoping it would get her disfigured or worse. This last act proved to be her swan song, and yes it involves tea (specifically her tea-buddy knights, who intervene, tell her the truth about the lake, and they all go have tea some place safer.

Yes, she has tea-buddy knights. (Not so much a spoiler as an endorsement.) It is not an exciting series, but it is enjoyable just for the ways that tea is employed as a solution to most problems.

Edit: and yes, this and the mana-lamps are the only two mentions of anything remotely magical, and probably will not come up again.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 24, 2020

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Siegkrow posted:

I read Wortenia Senki over the friday-saturday period and it seems fun? I mean, there's slavery as a matter of fact in the world but the first thing the MC does is free two slavegirls, and then try to free them (only for them to end up following him anyway when he tells them he wants them to do as they will), then a huge civil war where he is hailed as a hero and given a useless peninsula as a fief (Useless because it (apparently) had no resources, no people and its coasts are full of pirates). Unfortunately, the latest chapter has him buying 300 slaves with his reward money, with the apparent intention of deprograming their slave-ness (Teaching them their own worth, giving them their own things and training them on skills) and the apparent intention of freeing them so they can help settle the land.

Dunno if it fits in the wholesome thread tho, any other readers can give their opinion?

I like Wortenia Senki, but it's skirted over the line with the last few chapters. As you laid out, the MC was pretty hosed over by his "reward", including working with local authorities who have a vested interested in keeping them hosed over. It's to the point where if anything is going to happen in Wortenia, the MC straight up buying and freeing loyal colonists is smarter than playing up against an increasingly stacked deck. I may of misunderstood a scene, but he might have the slave trader whacked by his pet clan of ninjas (he has one of those, free and clear).

Unfortunately, what pushes it out of "wholesome" territory is the whole recent "THANKS MASTER I'LL DO MY BEST" chapter that was mentioned - especially since these slaves are perfectly aware they are headed to an incredibly dangerous place.

Sword Dad is cool and Fran has the correct approach to slavers Faster pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dikkfor posted:

Elf is an Isekai.

ALF is a reverse Isekai

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I'm not sure if this was posted before, but I consider this oneshot to be wholesome, and concerns the behind-the-scenes of isekai truck drivers

There's laughter, tears, some twists, but never turns, (isekai trucks are not known for their turning capabilities).

A pro-click to end 2020 with, to be sure!

Keep on truckin'

Edit: added actual link to the isekai, whoops.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 1, 2021

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Galvanik posted:

Project Time Scans aka Champion Scans aka one of the scan groups involved in that mangadex drama from last year ceased operations.

Though I suspect it was more of a cease and desist operations.

Regardless, another group picked up Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic and just uploaded four months worth of chapters.

Thanks, I was running pretty dry on a backlog

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Nemo2342 posted:

I like this series, but every time I see the title it annoys the hell out of me that they didn't call it "Is it Weal or is it Woe?"

THANK YOU me too!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Clarste posted:

The dictionary definition of the word doesn't matter compared to the cultural reality of what a Stationary Store is to the writer. Find better translators.

Look candy often comes in papers and if you eat a lot of candy you are going to have a lot of papers, JUST LIKE A STATIONARY STORE :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

NinjaDebugger posted:

I just assume that a stationery store near a school is going to sell sweets and such in addition to school supplies and adjacent.

Oh, poo poo, that makes actual sense