Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Onean posted:

I was reading some trashy Kindle Unlimited stuff that eventually lead me to a site I probably should have already been aware of and came across There Is No Epic Loot Here, Only Puns while looking around.

Thanks for this recommendation, I spent my entire weekend just laughing over this. Excellent writing and highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
It's 14 episodes. How in the world are they going to squeeze everything in this?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Argue posted:

The Honzuki/Ascendance of a Bookworm anime is out and it looks like some of you guys were right; the Ferdinand stuff from the trailer is a framing device. That means maybe it won't be compressing 130 chapters into a handful of episodes after all. Haven't watched it yet though.

edit: hah looks like they actually address that too; the aftercredits sequences are Ferdinand's commentary about the episode, and she tells him "you don't even show up until--" then gets cut off.

It looks like they're going to do up till end of Book 1, which is a good ending point. It'll be hilarious though, because Ferdinand will probably only appear in the last or second last episode when they're treating him as one of the main characters..

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
In better Isekai news, Funa has finally made it on the anime screen with 'I Said Make My Abilities Average, Didn't I' releasing, and so far, the first episode has absolutely delivered.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Tearmoon too is hopefully going to take a different route because said princess has no idea how humans work or change because she's just following her old diary so she's probably very unprepared for changing situations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Binged through Beware of the Brothers, and it's good, but her silver hair keeps making me think she's the princess from The Monster Duchess instead.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

This is an amazing find.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Captain Invictus posted:

in 80,000 gold pieces, mitsuha is just running an interdimensional scam now :allears:

Mitsuha is probably the most evil isekai protagonist because she's in it for CAPITALISM.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Argue posted:

That manga is pretty bad but that specific scene was great:

I can't even understand what I'm reading here.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I read the 7 novel chapters to see, and this story goes places, drat.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't realize that Acendence of a bookworm was splitting into two different serieses after the first one and continuing like that so I just picked up and tore through the next chunk and oh my god, the screaming hasn't stopped, the way they run the orphanage is nightmarish.

Ok, at this point I need to continue watching the anime (I stopped after I realized they were going to skip many of the mundane stuff) just to see if the anime changed the orphanage part, because in the light novels, the orphanage is one of the biggest humanizers of Maine's arc.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
The silver lining is that she clearly hates it, but yeah this was a huge shock to read.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Yona is the best character.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

RareAcumen posted:

This manga no longer exists.

It got combined into this: https://mangadex.org/title/56148/akuyaku-reijou-desu-ga-hiroin-ni-kouryaku-sarete-masu-wa-anthology-comic

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I don't mind Isekai who's protagonist breezes through, but a combination of powerful protagonist and completely no regard for others around is a deal-breaker for me.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

VictualSquid posted:

I started reading, Actually, I was the real one:
https://mangadex.org/title/55529/actually-i-was-the-real-one

Quite fun, the MC is dumb in just the right way.

I appreciate it this so much, she just going 'f it' and living life in a more carefree method is just so wholesome to read.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

nrook posted:

Thanks for the oblique recommendation here, eternal fool Asley seems good so far. It’s slow-paced enough that it’ll never go anywhere, but it’s an enjoyable read nonetheless. The dynamic between the titular Asley and his familiar is a lot of fun.

Any manga with a talking sassy dog gets a thumbs up in my book.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Was it framed or truth? The head maids expression made it looked like the truth as she already knew what Veri was going to say.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

SubNat posted:

e: Ah, it apparently got an official English release, thus the translation stopped after ch19.

Where's the best place to buy official english releases online? I might for some series just to support the author.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I classify mine into "Villainess" and "Non-Villainess". Seems to work pretty well for me!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Nemo2342 posted:

Latest update of Baseball Isekai just swung right for the fences and straight up added tentacle monsters that destroy the girls clothing. Because of course it did.

I'm going to hang out with it till at least the end of the game with the rabbits before i decide to stop, it's been so far good enough that one slight isn't enough for me to say no yet.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

SubNat posted:

A scanlation isekai horror story.
You check one of the series you followed before the Mangadex crash, it's gotten a bunch of new chapters. 'Wonderful.' you think, and assume that maybe it's a backlog uploaded from the scanlation group now that they can upload on MD again.
You flip open the first new chapter, and the first thing that hits you is that the typesetting is off, the text is awkward and linebreak
s happen haphazar
dly. Before you even begin reading you feel a tinge of dread crawling up the base of your spine.
You try to read, but it's difficult to make sense of most speech bubbles, even if you're being generous. 'Oh no, this series is unreadable like this.'

A bunch of the korean/etc series I check on the side are very prone to suddenly getting dropped, then picked up by 1-person scanlation groups on instagram and what have you. But it's always a shame when it happens to any series, and you just end up shelving that series.

Yeah it happened to the Antagonist's Pet as well which made it impossible to read.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Argue posted:

I have read more than one manhwa where the author couldn't decide on whether to do an isekai or a do-over so they just went with both and made the main character a reincarnator who already lived one full life on fantasy world and is now on their second run of it. Also their being from earth typically never comes into play at all except maybe for a single invention.

I think Doctor Elise did this the best, villainess died in her world, died in Japan as a doctor, then reincarnated with both memories and brings her doctor experience with knowledge of past life.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
At the very least, the story is really good until that part, and worth reading.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Is there anywhere i can read about what cultivators are? I'm quite lost at this concept of cultivators

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
In Duchess 50 Tea recipes, the original owner of the body was swapped to where the Duchess came from, and when the two finally communicated near the end because the Duchess was afraid she was cursing her for stealing her body, she just went "omg please don't try to swap back with me I'm finally happy being a commoner not in the spotlight instead of being embroiled in politics the entire time".

Edited, mb

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 13, 2022

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Most Korean villainess stories have bad translations on Mangadex unfortunately, the best way to get good readable ones are on Tappytoons or Tapas, but you have to pay for them.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Reveilled posted:

Also this:

But overall it's been a fun read.

I also want to point out that even in their era, some of the factions has been portrayed as non-virtuous after they lost. Biggest example being her very own liege, Nobunaga himself.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
There was one in which the guy defeats a fenrir, refuses to use slavery as a method, and they get married. Though that's more "simple life" than farming.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Ragnar34 posted:

Okay so trans Amanda, probably unflatteringly drawn, and Sword Dad can't handle it even though except else is cool with it including Fran. Better than I expected honestly. Is it too much to hope that the actual intended lesson there will be that Sword Dad needs to chill?

Sword Dad does chill about her in the end, I think? And it's stated multiple times that it was only him initially who could not handle it, everyone else in the city trusts her and acknowledges her as a girl.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Nihilarian posted:

SLF puts a lot less emphasis on Sunraku's build/equipment being unique and more emphasis on him just being really goddamn good. The only stuff he has that is truly unique came from beating the superbosses in the first place, unlike King's Avatar where he just starts with it. The story doesn't care if there's a million high luck fragile characters running around

SLF also shows Sunraku playing other games and showing that he's just that good in any game, until he's acknowledged by other top players of each game when he logs in those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
It isn't much different from the bugged fighting game when they introduced K and Akane, or the mech game which introduced Rust and Mordo. This sets up Sylvie as the next SLF player.
Also, Clockfire's battles were hilarious and the fact that they are in a predicament because Pencilgon went too trigger-happy is also a nice twist.