Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mors Rattus posted:

That one is...weird. I enjoy it, but the plot arc is now about how it is literally biologically impossible for humans and demons to coexist at the moment and our hero is trying to figure out how to fix that, which will probably involve literally fighting God.

(Demons naturally fart a substance that kills humans.)

I think I recall a very skeevy scene be between the Genie-like character and one of the captured villains from the web novel, but I think editing might have altered that and a lot of other things by the time it got to Manga form?

At any rate, thanks to the thread for the recommendation on The Holy Grail of Eris. Wound up burning through the first three volumes of that over the past couple weeks and enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

For what it's worth, the entire webnovel and several afterstories of The One Within the Villaness have been fan-translated and are linked at NovelUpdates.

One I'm enjoying is With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record

Villainess gets a memory dump of the Otome game she's living in 24 hours before the Denouncement Event, and realizes that the Heroine is presumably a reincarnate going for the Harem + Villainess Friendship ending, and she will. not. abide. that. charity.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Fellis posted:

Do you have a link because “potato girl” pollutes any search with attack on titan

It's the aforementioned With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record

"Potato Girl" is what the villainess character calls the heroine.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Is it just me, or is it that, in most "I was thrown out of my party because they fundamentally misunderstood how my particular abilities or the system of the world we're living in works" stories, the most interesting characters are the former party, because they're the only ones actively doing things, whereas the throwaway MC character is generally sleepwalking into a good ending.

Whereas in "I was cast out by my fiancé because because I am the Villainess and the story demanded it," they're more likely to have the Villainess actively trying to achieve her goals with the former fiance and game heroine mostly being reactive.

Also am in the process of burning through Tearmoon Empire, and enjoying it. Starting Volume 5, and am 99% convinced that Far future Mia somehow stumbled into godhood, and is trying to make the timeline she wanted to have happen, but is doing as little work as she thinks she needs to do to make it happen. And raging at her past self as she evades one bad ending only to stumble into another.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Guyver posted:

Most of them seem to be like that. Where all but one of the other heroes realise they hosed up. Banished from the Heroes Party and Roll Over and Die have it that way.

It's usually the sage character that both kicks them out and can't come to.terms with it.

I think the sage is pretty rare, in my experience. Most of the time it's the party leader, who's usually some kind of sword-wielder. "Banished from the Hero's Party..." has to use the Sage because there's no way the Hero would have deliberately pushed Gideon Out.

'Banished..." has this whole thing where the assigned Divine Protection Class you wind up with can can have an extremely strong influence on your behavior, and in that one, the Divine Protection of the Sage seems to have a strong push towards "Decisions I make based on the facts I have are RIGHT, and if they turn out to be wrong, it's either missing facts or enemy action."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

LibrarianCroaker posted:

yes, Tearmoon has an LN with an official english release by j-novel club.

And an anime apparently releasing sometime this year?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Fangz posted:

I want a story where the hero has a massive advantage because he spent a poo poo load of money on pay to win stuff.

I can think of at least one, but it doesn't qualify for the thread because of the flowchart reason, at least when applied to a major supporting character.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

There's also "Original and New Personality/Soul coexist," simultaneously as in "Haunted Duke's Daughter" or sequentially like in "The One Within The Villainess"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

With One Day Left I'll Break All the Destruction Flags: "Serves You Right!" RTA 24 Hour Record has reached zero hour with the penultimate Chapter 15.

I think i was expecting more turnabouts in the Condemnation scene, but she's basically removed all the other accusers from the picture, Welcome to the Bad End, Potato Girl. Assuming that the side character from 13.5 doesn't have some part yet to play.