Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
That Putin Isekai manga is growing on me. I read the first chapter and dropped it cause I thought it was dumb, but reading through all eleven its getting interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Well, it does have Nectar in the title. I should have known.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

This is president !Putin all over again.

That turned out to be a nice manga in my opinion. it started as just Putin look-alike in another world who wants to ride everything. But it started to do interesting things with the world and the main character's backstory. But it never loving updates.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I got the impression that his soul wasn't 100% in control since what he says gets changed to match more closely to what a noble would say. Maybe it also helps him deal with being in a entirely different body.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

It's like my dad when he picked sci-fi books to read, "How hot is the lady on the cover?". He'd give me the book to read when he was done when I was a kid, sometimes they were good stories, most times they were trash.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

He might look like Putin, but nothing else about him is the same. It's a really nice manga, the main character is powerful but all the side characters end up pulling their own weight and he doesn't handle everything on his own.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I love the Faraway Paladin, but I always wonder why they bothered with the isekai part. Yes, his soul is from the modern world but he lived a lovely life and died young, it barely gets a mention in the story at all.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Bremen posted:

I think my favorite isekai food sillyness was... I forget the name, the one about the group of highschool supergeniuses getting isekai'd into a poor village, and they immediately invent mayonnaise and have the villagers sell jars of it in a nearby town. My first thought was mayo + no refrigeration = village about to be burned down by people angry over all the food poisoning.

Think about where they have mayo in the store, do they sell it chilled in a refrigerator aisle?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I noticed when bottles of wine show up in these korean webtoons they all have incredibly detailed illustrated labels like they're fresh out of a 2020 supermarket, even when the world has a 1500s level of technology.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Siegkrow posted:

I just googled an AR-15 and-

Why in god name would anyone need what appears to be an automatic rifle to hunt???

It's not fully automatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

I like that she accepts that she already hosed up the timeline, might as well go all out.