Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Unlikable characters that come to mind... Travis Touchdown jumps forward at least in his first game (I can't say I've played or seen any of the rest) and even then, he's an rear end in a top hat to the world around him but still entertaining to the viewers. And it's very clear from the get go that he's meant awful from the way he creepily goes moe~ at an anime poster.

It's debatable exactly how much growth Travis gets over the game but each stage is still punctuated with some variety of character who is glad to talk about how they live, how they die, and contrast directly with Travis, who ends up just looking like a vapid dweeb who just wants to be famous. And even then, the game has a lot of filler jobs, which do pad out the time, but also makes Travis at least a touch more relatable since he's busy doing minimum wage bullshit in pursuit of something better.

Meanwhile, Alex doesn't have anyone he meaningfully bounces dialog off of in terms of his outlook on life vs theirs or where he wants to go or what he wants to do. And that job issue and money issue never really comes up in any sort of capacity. Alex is just detached and meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Drakenel posted:

This, basically. It really is a maturity thing. While people write all the time about experiences they've never had, as it's very common to take different perspectives through the lens of empathy, there's no real substitute for experiencing things first hand. Him getting mad about it shows that he doesn't really understand the material he's trying to write about.

While I'm not going to argue with this general sentiment, I think someone has to say this. Do we know what he was trying to write about?

When it's not being creepy and gross, this game is so loving incoherent that I find it genuinely incomprehensible. It doesn't have a plot, just a sequence of events that happen because the devs/writers want them to (and even then, fails to give a lot of them even the barest attempt at a justification); the most interesting question to ask about most of the events in this game is "why the gently caress did the devs want them?". There's a sense in which it also doesn't have characters, because for the most part these people don't act in consistent ways and often say bizarre things because the writers force them to, or else just demonstrate their gimmick (the only one who's at all consistent is Alex, and he's just consistent about being awful). Most of this is just... here.

"I'm a lovely writer, therefore good writing is impossible! Waah!" is a hell of a thing to believe. He may as well just say "Hi! I'm self-absorbed and narcissistic! Validate me!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Alex Monologue preceding the final dungeon - "And then I developed as a character. My personality grew like, so huge. I transformed so much you haven't even seen my final form."

But make it 3+ paragraphs worth of the biggest words he knows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

skeleton warrior posted:

There has been literally no character growth, unless we’re talking about maxing out his SPD stat.

Alex started an rear end in a top hat, was an rear end in a top hat throughout the game, then got told by his super Waugh that he was actually an amazing hero responsible for destroying the universe, and apparently that explanation is his personal growth.

WTF.

Alex is basically George Costanza without the minor and mild sympathetic traits that at least make you feel kinda bad for George whenever he gets his deserved comeuppance anyway.

God, I can't wait to see what kind of meltdown Andrew Allanson is going to have if this legendary third ending ever comes to light and people loving hate it too :allears:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The only "if" is "if the third ending actually exists at all", for that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

nine-gear crow posted:

Alex is basically George Costanza without the minor and mild sympathetic traits that at least make you feel kinda bad for George whenever he gets his deserved comeuppance anyway.

God, I can't wait to see what kind of meltdown Andrew Allanson is going to have if this legendary third ending ever comes to light and people loving hate it too :allears:

It is utterly and completely not in this fuckin' game yet.

We couldn't even find Dick Masterson until he was patched in.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Been awhile since i've seen an LP, figure i'd watch this one.

This game is so draining, and so boring. It's just a failure on every level. The writing, the pacing, the actual GAME part of it, the main character... Everything that i've seen so far just leads me to believe that Night in the Woods is ten million times better than whatever this is trying to be.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
So, basically, Alex's "arc" is that he's a complete jerk and everybody hates him, but the people around him still keep telling him that he can be better, so he sets out as if he intends to do that, but spends all his time lamenting the loss of a woman he barely knew until it drives him to destroy all of creation - as soon as he builds up the power to do it.

I think they're confusing him with Kratos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nidoking posted:

So, basically, Alex's "arc" is that he's a complete jerk and everybody hates him, but the people around him still keep telling him that he can be better, so he sets out as if he intends to do that, but spends all his time lamenting the loss of a woman he barely knew until it drives him to destroy all of creation - as soon as he builds up the power to do it.

Alex's arc is he is a massively lovely person right from the start and instead of learning or growing in any way, it's the world around him that changes in order to tell him that he's actually a good person and was right all along. He's basically any given Mary Sue fanfic character ever.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Explopyro posted:

While I'm not going to argue with this general sentiment, I think someone has to say this. Do we know what he was trying to write about?

When it's not being creepy and gross, this game is so loving incoherent that I find it genuinely incomprehensible. It doesn't have a plot, just a sequence of events that happen because the devs/writers want them to (and even then, fails to give a lot of them even the barest attempt at a justification); the most interesting question to ask about most of the events in this game is "why the gently caress did the devs want them?". There's a sense in which it also doesn't have characters, because for the most part these people don't act in consistent ways and often say bizarre things because the writers force them to, or else just demonstrate their gimmick (the only one who's at all consistent is Alex, and he's just consistent about being awful). Most of this is just... here.

p much

though i do think the idea of a person's innumerable parallel-universe selves choosing to smash all of reality in a fit of mutual existential angst is a neat idea

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nidoking posted:

And Kratos is another instance of a pretty unlikable protagonist, and a big reason why Dad of Boy is as poignant and interesting as it is in the juxtaposition between Kratos as he was and Kratos as he is now. We get to see, in detail, how much he's changed over time and how he laments his own worst traits and how he really does want his son to be a better person than him.

"I know, but I am your monster no longer" is a line that gives pathos, meaning, history, context and characterization all at once and in so doing is a line a million times better than anything Yick could ever manage.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Even in the original God of War, while Kratos doesn't get redemption in that game, he still gets the real short end of the stick.

Two and three? Well, they didn't originally plan to write those.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLordOfLard/status/1119659260105773056

lol why am i not surprised that a :yiikes: dev would be all in on the "LOL TRIGGERED" meme especially regarding why his game (rightly) went over badly

We had this game and it was called The World Ends With You

Ramos posted:

Even in the original God of War, while Kratos doesn't get redemption in that game, he still gets the real short end of the stick.

Two and three? Well, they didn't originally plan to write those.

That's cause 1 was an actual Greek tragedy, where he gets the power of a god, but at the end of the day cannot change the past and is left sitting on a miserable golden throne. Unfortunately teenagers were more focused on how sick those kills were hence 2 and especially 3. Man 3 was really drat dumb.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 21, 2019

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Fargin Icehole posted:

Been awhile since i've seen an LP, figure i'd watch this one.

This game is so draining, and so boring. It's just a failure on every level. The writing, the pacing, the actual GAME part of it, the main character... Everything that i've seen so far just leads me to believe that Night in the Woods is ten million times better than whatever this is trying to be.

Night in the Woods is such a good comparison. It succeeds in everything Allanson said he was trying to do with this game in that quote. Mae is an entitled shithead who faces consequences for her gently caress ups and learns from them, and is still endearing and relatable the from beginning to end. Alex is an entitled shithead who never faces consequences for his gently caress ups (in fiction or in the meta-narrative) but is absolved because his plastic perfect soul waifu told him he's good. Night in the Woods reminds me of when I did or said self-indulgent things that neglected or hurt my friends/family when I was younger and still feel guilty about now. Yick reminds me of other people who did self-indulgent things that neglected or hurt me and never expressed guilt or remorse about it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mae borowski is to a social gathering what a steel girder is to a high-speed jet turbine and it's sort of awe-inspiring to witness

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Gregg is the greatest character to ever grace a videogame that isn't goro majima.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLordOfLard/status/1119659260105773056

lol why am i not surprised that a :yiikes: dev would be all in on the "LOL TRIGGERED" meme especially regarding why his game (rightly) went over badly

Here's it in audio form, the guy is 100% salt https://webm.red/NmGo.webm whoever made the webm put that one picture of the guy mistaken as the dev just incase anyone doesn't know

Ekusukariba fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 21, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Here's it in audio form, the guy is 100% salt https://webm.red/NmGo.webm

Oh god, it's so salty I can feel my arteries hardening just listening to it. Of loving course Andrew Allanson thinks anything written by Ayn Rand is the height of literature and something to emulated and aspired too :rolleyes:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

so this dude turned back to look at the righteous nuking his game got (because it was an extended celebration of being a selfish, petty, demanding shitstain) and instantly became a being of pure sodium chloride

someone hook him up with Lot's wife. they have so much in common

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh god, it's so salty I can feel my arteries hardening just listening to it. Of loving course Andrew Allanson thinks anything written by Ayn Rand is the height of literature and something to emulated and aspired too :rolleyes:

Also, that he was trying to make a video game version of a Palhinuk or Murakami novel, which is the most...white male of his generation thing possible.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
There's already a video game version of a Palhunik Novel, it's called Postal. Both 1, 2 and Redux.

...Well, close enough, anyway.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Ekusukariba posted:

Here's it in audio form, the guy is 100% salt https://webm.red/NmGo.webm whoever made the webm put that one picture of the guy mistaken as the dev just incase anyone doesn't know

I'm not very good at reading. Though holy hell that was... bitter. Bitterness condensed, like vanilla extract.

Also MMM. MM-HM

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 21, 2019

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
the tone i have when my mediocrity isn't recognized or rewarded

Ekusukariba posted:

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Wow, that's even more painful to listen to than I'd anticipated. Ironically, even whilst talking about how unlikeable Alex is supposed to be and how the audience couldn't comprehend that with their puny brains, he sounds exactly like Alex.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Explopyro posted:

Wow, that's even more painful to listen to than I'd anticipated. Ironically, even whilst talking about how unlikeable Alex is supposed to be and how the audience couldn't comprehend that with their puny brains, he sounds exactly like Alex.

Like, I used to think that Kirphober was the perfect hyperdouche choice to voice Alex, but upon hearing that audio sampling I think Allanson should have just done it himself. Jesus.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Ekusukariba posted:

i'm not gonna listen to this and no one can force me to :monar:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

GrandmaParty posted:

It is utterly and completely not in this fuckin' game yet.

We couldn't even find Dick Masterson until he was patched in.

My favorite thing is apparently it was 10% chance to find the Aviators in an obscure corner of the town and supposedly they kept changing his and the aviators' location every patch to make him 'easier to find'.

And supposedly every single version of the game has a different 3rd Ending.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

I feel betrayed. That cat is cute and that guy is a loving moron.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Like, I enjoyed catchat and then the yiik rear end in a top hat had to come along and gently caress it up.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth256 posted:

Like, I enjoyed catchat and then the yiik rear end in a top hat had to come along and gently caress it up.

gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
seems like that interview's getting a decent amount of play

it's kind of funny how every aspect of this game is so fascinatingly awful that whenever it does re-surface it immediately gets a whole lot of attention because everyone who so much as glances at it is compelled to go "what the gently caress is this"

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 21, 2019

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ekusukariba posted:

I cannot tell if Allanson is a lying sack of poo poo or is genuinely confused as to what he wrote. It is nearly 2 am on Easter Sunday, and instead of going to bed I made the mistake of listening to Allanson's ranting. Let's analyze some of this poo poo, shall we?

Claim: The player is not intended to identify with Alex
This is debunked immediately by the character description of "just like you". Do I need to say more?

Paranormal Hipsters, Ayn Rand, and protagonists
This deserves a bit more analysis than the thread has put forth. We'll start with the Wesley Mouch reference. Wesley Mouch is a government regulator trying to stop Rand's ubersmart inventor heroes from profiting from their perpetual motion machines and give the money to lazy people who just don't want to work. If I'm parsing the inanity right, Allanson's saying that John Galt, by standing alone against a corrupt society armed with nothing more than his brain and a desire to improve the human condition (to get rich) is an example of a heroic archetype. He still gets it wrong because Galt doesn't have any flaws, but what do you expect? Dude made YIIK.

Of more interest is his description of Alex as "a hipster interested in the paranormal". It's interesting because of two reasons. Allanson is presenting it as a contrast to characters who are defined by extreme competence such as Sherlock Holmes and John Galt, but that sentence also doesn't describe Alex at all. If I were to pick a sympathetic protagonist to compare Alex to, I'd pick Homer Simpson. Homer is stupid, violent, and incompetent, but redeemed by good intentions and genuine care for his family and friends.

Alex, on the other hand, has no real interests outside himself. It's funny that Allanson claims he is interested in the paranormal because Alex doesn't show any real interest at all. He shows no interest in the paranormal before meeting Sammy, and it's clear he's more interested in trying to gently caress her rather than learn about her weird dimension. Afterward he's quite clear that the paranormal only matters to him as a tool to help him get laid, as he never shows any interest outside of initial confusion. He literally meets God, is shown verifiable proof of an afterlife, and fights aliens from outer space, yet his only reaction is to desperately look for someone to gently caress.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So ultimately he wanted to make an earth bound clone because that should be the one type of game that should give him the most praise from weird 90s kids by default, regardless of quality. Art has to be praised if it come from me and it is always art if it is mine. I am now so glad his game is critically reviled when he never intended to make a video game from the start.

Does this rear end in a top hat also consider himself to be a saint because people remember a murdered girl thanks to his glorious erotic fan-fiction of her or is he still solely in the HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY MASTERPIECE mode?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

He literally meets God, is shown verifiable proof of an afterlife, and fights aliens from outer space, yet his only reaction is to desperately look for someone to gently caress.

That would be a good comedy/satire if handled properly

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Solar Tornado posted:

That would be a good comedy/satire if handled properly

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was basically this and it was. Granted, at first it was just about tea, but then they got some.

God, you can just tell that if this game was made like, ten years earlier that it'd be the sort where the "sophisticated" and "humorous" parts of it would be just aping douglas adams jokes like there's no tomorrow.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Crabtree posted:

Does this rear end in a top hat also consider himself to be a saint because people remember a murdered girl thanks to his glorious erotic fan-fiction of her or is he still solely in the HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY MASTERPIECE mode?

Yes. According to the cliff notes of his awful Dick Masterson interview, Allanson apparently does believe he's the only person who TRULY UNDERSTANDS the tragedy of Elisa Lam.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I wish i could transcribe how "Circle the wagons" the Yiik Discord is right now.

But today let's talk about Alex's voice actor. A lot of people have been questioning "How can he approve voice acting such terrible lines?" The answer: because his voice actor is a bad person.

Alex's voice actor is Christopher Niosi, better known as "Kirbopher." Kirbopher is a voice actor and artist who does some minor videogame voice acting work. He also made a webseries called TOME (Terrain of Magical Expertise) that I can't be hosed to read and investigate it. He's also apparently a terrible human being. I could type it up but I'll let someone explain it firsthand from their tumblr post.

quote:

I am weighing in. This will be a Long Post.

Full disclosure: I have known Christopher “Kirbopher” Niosi for 13 years. I am good friends with his ex Audrey, I lived with his ex Liz for several years in the heat of the turbulence in their relationship. He has been under my roof. I have been in contact with his ejaculate against my will. I have been in hundreds of Skype calls with him. I am friends with other people hes hurt. I have two years of recorded Skype calls where he made appearances. I have witnesses to every event I’m about to disclose.

I have seen most if not all the facets of Kirb’s personality. His highs, his lows. How he handles relationships, how he handles stress, how he handles everything. As recent as a month ago to 13 years ago.

I was on the fence about sharing all of this, but when I was informed a dissenter was sending hate to his (-considerably- more trustworthy and actually in the industry he covets) ex and that they were actively attacking others, I knew I had to step forward.

I have extensively talked about Kirbopher on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=lashiec%20kirbopher&src=typd
Guess what happens every time I slam Kirb? I get notable artists and animators chiming in with their experiences, and bonds are formed. A lot of them are people he has stiffed money-wise. One of them is his ex Audrey. I lived with his other ex. That is all pretty telling.

I am uniquely equipped to tackle this and I’m not going to let the people he hurt stand alone.

For reference Kirbopher appears a lot in this post, but I will give a tl;dr version:
http://amethystlashiec.tumblr.com/post/131593888876/ressentiment-what-i-dealt-with-for-the-last-few

Liz lived with me. Liz and Kirbophers relationship was turbulent. I was Kirbophers punching bag when Liz would give him the silent treatment. He would call me at midnight bawling his eyes out because she wouldn’t talk to him and that she was telling him, in his words “absolutely horrible things”. They would have shouting matches that actually shook my walls.

They were both abusive in that situation. My home felt like a prison. When he came over to visit for a week, he made every event about him,TOME, or voice actors. The first night he was here I went into my bathroom and…

Oh my god is that a loving used condom on the floor. Did I just touch…
Is that seriously…

Oh my loving god. No attempts to cover it up, not a shred of toilet paper around, no flushing attempt, nothing. He just tossed it and hoped it would go somewhere.

…“You don’t know Kirbopher!!”
I KNOW HIM BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE UNFORTUNATELY.

On this same trip he complained about having to pay for a pizza he ordered (despite me taking him out to dinner on my own dime the next night (a Nice one at Puccini’s, look it up) and having to pay me back for PARTIAL gas to get him to and from the airport twice when gas was well over four dollars a gallon and it was 4+ hours of driving. The gas alone was $40+ and I asked for $40 for the gas AND the pizza.
I still got ripped on for asking for this. I don’t like being walked all over and taken advantage of when I have a mortgage to pay - for the house he had spent the week at free of charge shut up and sit down.

I was asked to watch the preview animatic/partial of the Nylock or whatever the Muscular Beaver expy in TOME is called episode during this, for time reference.

A quip from his ex Audrey reveals Kirbopher thinks money grows on loving trees. He considers massages and spas “normal” and does not understand when people get envious. He had an active tutor in school. His college was paid for and it’s one of the two top colleges in the country for the field. He complained when his parents had to sell the spare apartment in New York they had - acting like it was akin to getting evicted from the place you live when it’s…
…essentially a convenience property in the most expensive city in the country.
Yes, pain is relative. But Kirbopher is so up his own rear end and was hurting people left and right at this point and to this day that my sympathy has run dry.

With this in mind: he has stiffed people on money in his projects, most notably the Nintendoh! ones. He kept it for himself. He has actively worked to get people fired from projects he didn’t like (Project Sen), people who did not have a huge parachute from his parents like he does. He has the potential to and actively has destroyed people professionally.

Is it sad this is still the tip of the loving iceberg? These events weren’t that long ago. It was during TOME. Ugh. How about some past events, and then one from the last month then? poo poo.

First of all, Kirbopher is actively disgusted by people with autism. He is on the spectrum, but sees himself as “better” than others. He has dismissed people with it and has used it as a weapon against them in the past. I have this testimony and should this person step forward I will reveal more. This is a good example of a past event, which he has of course never apologized for and still treats this former fan like garbage.

One time Bryon Beaubien, the sexual abusing pedophile embezzling piece of poo poo, kept giving me poo poo for rejecting his advances despite him being involved with three women when I rejected him - the posts from his Abberuin account in his evidence collection is around this time. Kirbopher gets me in a solo call with him and starts crying about how Bryon is actively going after an ex of his and he is uncomfortable with it. I comfort him.
With this new information back in the group call I call Bryon out on his false martyr bullshit about how he still wants to be with me when he’s chasing other girls, including the ex of someone who is supposed to be his friend. (Keep in mind later Kirbopher will go after Bryon’s ex Liz and sure enough - the roles reverse. Hypocrisy mmm.) The minute I start laughing at Bryon Kirbopher screams “NO, NO, DON’T…”

Even back then Kirbopher wanted victims to shut the gently caress up if it would be inconvenient for him. The only spats that were allowed to be in Skype calls were ones that involved giving him attention and sympathy pfffthahahah.

Kirbopher made FLASH ANIMATIONS with in jokes Bryon Beaubien made about his exes’ genitals, I poo poo you not. Read below in the testimony section.

Kirbopher refuses to let women break up with him. Audrey literally had to run from him, block him everywhere, cease all contact to get him to stop. It was bad enough he was trying to coerce her into sexual activity when he visited, he felt entitled to her, body and soul. Her PARENTS loving noticed the bullshit, both the subvert and overt. When he felt his grip on her loosening he would throw the word “marriage” out in a desperate attempt to make her stay. Kirbopher would get into calls with people and SCREAM about Audrey and how she did him wrong, shittalking her to anyone he could reach. (He learned a bit from Beaubien, it seems.) He would beg us to talk to her, to rope her back into that abusive cycle. Dii, myself and a few others got the full brunt of this. Anytime we offered him actual advice he would lash out at us - he just wanted an emotional punching bag to work out on. Women were the preference. When he was done with his frustrations he never reciprocated letting other people talk about their problems. Women were his preference because he knew from Bryon Beaubien these particular women would take a lot of abuse before acting out. I was one of them. Sucks to be you Kirb I remember everything.

He would also groom Audrey up by shittalking his exes akin to Beaubien. Y'know, the ex Kirbopher still coveted when Beaubien was courting her. Nothing was ever Kirbopher’s fault, they’re all “crazy bitches”, all of them. Every single one. Especially you. Especially her.

Kirbopher did this same bit with Liz. It’s part of why I really don’t care Liz kissed my best friend and was dating him before axing Kirb, because they were breaking up and him begging her to stay every other week at this point. Kirbopher and Liz were both incredibly abusive to each other, and their narcissism both fueled each other and repelled each other in a lot of situations. Kirbopher felt entitled to Liz too, and also threw out the “marriage” word a lot and almost rescinded his plans to go to California if it meant getting his talons in Liz again.

Liz was now dating my best friend. Liz was dumped by my best friend (thank god) but during their entire relationship Kirbopher was knocking on the door. Liz would use Kirbopher as a weapon against my best friend - whenever they got into a fight Liz would aggro onto Kirbopher HARD. Most of my anger towards her was fueled by her treatment of my friend.

When we’d go to the store as a friend pack, Liz would be glued to her phone because of Kirbopher throwing mantrums. At one point in a drive-thru I get close to the phone and say “Hey…you get Liz 99% of the time, can you let me have a few hours with them you fuckhead?” or something to that affect. Lmao. But keep in mind, Liz was answering those calls. She was enabling that poo poo. Bleck.

Like twoish years ago, Kirbopher entered a call with several of my friends after he BEGGED to be included, having alienated his other current friends at the time. This is a common thing, and it’s actually why I had two Skype accounts - to avoid Kirb and Bryon. In this call he proceeds to tell people to “get over” their problems with Dii. Legitimate problems that Dii can attest to and has worked and grown from wonderfully. He starts hurting people over something completely unrelated - Ekoi will attest to this as it was them, and I SCREAM at one of my friends who is now bawling to leave the call. He sends another friend into a spiral. The remaining friend already loving hated his guts and has known Kirbopher for even longer than I have and he is Not Impressed. I have always been neutral at worst with Dii, and was actively supporting them at this point. I am part of Dii’s legal defense. But more importantly, Dii is my friend, I was a mediator more often than not in this situation.

So guess what Kirbopher does when Liz is showing Dii her ire as well around this time? The same person who told people to “get over” their problems with Dii? He called Dii and told them “all their friends hated them” and nearly drove Dii to suicide. Why the gently caress he felt the need to relish in this I don’t loving know.

He uses DARVO tactics on Dii to this day and has apologized for JACK poo poo.
Dii had to be physically stopped from jumping out of a window in New York. Kirbopher would chide Dii by saying they wouldn’t be happy until he “killed himself”, which is incredibly abusive, DARVOing it up and making poo poo about him like loving always.

You’ll see from the testimonies coming up PLENTY of men involved in the Bryon Beaubien situation and with abusive tendencies themselves OWNED UP and are better for it. We are friends. They are good people.

The Bryon Beaubien event happens. All of his victims step forward, most of his enablers step forward, some double down. Good god. Do you know why he made that post?

To get in Liz’s pants. People were rightfully pissed that he was silent about the abuse HE ENABLED AND TOOK AN ACTIVE PART OF. And that he spoke up about abuse in the industry he covets to get a gold star participation award. He had me, Dii and Liz proofread his post like three loving times, wittling it down from 100% self-serving to like….90% self-serving and with no actual input.
Kirbopher bails when Liz gives Little Kuriboh poo poo for ignoring the abuse he enabled and watched play out for years, when he opportunisticly chimes in about abuse that affects a friend of his. I let Little Kuriboh absolutely have it. Liz rescinds because she’s still all over Kirbopher and they’re both scared they’ll lose fanbucks if they lose face with Little Kuriboh.
Sacrificing my own integrity is not so easily bought, though.

So here’s a fuckload of posts concerning people being displeased with Kirbopher, recently.

Myself, several others: Here’s Kirb making everything about himself with that post, and everyone noticed. This is the first hint of the condom incident.
http://amethystlashiec.tumblr.com/post/98287508041/mkdremareriser-amethystlashiec

Cailen: Here’s Kirbopher calling the sexual abuse of 12+ women, including minors, that he had a hand in helping the abuser close ranks around and shittalk later “gossip”. This person was Bryon Beaubien, aka Psyguy / BitPolargame. This post is by a man who also knew of the abuse, but unlike Kirbopher he owned up to the part he played (which is considerably less than Kirb) and is now a wonderful person who has stuck by the victims.
http://cailencrow.tumblr.com/post/90742543493/from-what-i-observed-on-his-and-lizs-twitter

Jake: Here is another man who played a part in the whole Bryon Beaubien thing, came forward and was legally threatened by the abuser in question, showed strength of character and stuck by the victims, ripping into Kirbopher for his role in the mess.
http://solidjakeda.tumblr.com/post/90713382484/thatfilthyanimal-amethystlashiec-psyguy

Filthy: Here’s Kirbopher trying to cover his tracks when the mess started by claiming he didn’t knowingly use a joke about someones vagina in an old flash cartoon of his.

I’ve been in a Skype call where the subject was brought up by both Kirbopher and Bryon Beaubien: KIRBOPHER KNEW THAT JOKE WAS AT THE EXPENSE OF SOMEONE AND THAT IT WAS REFERENCING THE VAGINA OF SOMEONE BRYON BEAUBIEN SEXUALLY ABUSED. BRYON RELAYED THE STORY IN DETAIL. THERE WAS NO MISTAKING IT.
http://thatfilthyanimal.tumblr.com/post/90710913037/amethystlashiec-psyguy-abuse-masterpost

Ricky: Here’s a man who did not participate in any of the closing ranks or anything in the abuse, but was well aware of it, and knew that he should come forward. He has stuck by the victims.
http://riccaby.tumblr.com/post/90700529210/psyguy-abuse-masterpost

Why did I feel a need to point out all the men’s testimonies? Because assholes always assume if it’s a long string of women/others it’s “drama hungry bitches” or “they just have regrets” or “fukken callout culture”.
gently caress off into the sun.

Kirbopher is incredibly entitled to more than just women, and this entitlement has actually gotten him blacklisted from the animation industry, for more on this story, try here:
https://twitter.com/friendorb/status/755941432645431296
For another example: Kirbopher went to a bigwig animation party, with big names in the industry, and immediately starts shittalking other animators that are up and coming. A patron of this event turns to Kirbopher and says:
“That person you’re shittalking? Has more talent in his pinky than you do in your whole goddamn body.”
Kirbopher goes silent and sulks for the rest of the party. He still shittalks at every turn, he hasn’t learned anything. Liz fueled this a lot.

Kirbopher is currently amicable friends with Andrew Dickman, who sexually assaulted his ex and has a documented history of being horrid to women, because he thinks it’ll get him places in the industry. Dickman confirmed the event in question took place, but insisted he was the victim because that’s how abusive assholes work. Dickman is also notorious for poo poo talking people in the industry and out of it so Kirbopher will likely be very disappointed in this coupling he’s attempting pff.

A month ago Kirbopher told his ex Liz that his offer to live with him was only on the table now if she would be with him and have sex with him. A Month Ago. Kirbopher hasn’t changed a loving iota.

If I made everyone who I gave shelter to with my home have sex with me I would be swimming in sex, just sayin’. This is not the first time Kirbopher did this, he did it late last year too. He has not changed. a. loving. iota.

And he has not apologized for a loving thing to anyone he has hurt, save for Liz or Audrey when he was trying to get back into their pants, only to disrespect them later. Or has apologized vaguely to fans, mostly for PR posturing. Which is somehow worse than not apologizing at all.

If you’re a sex assault/sex abuse/rape victim, Kirbopher is the last person you want to be around. If the person who hurt you is someone who could potentially further his career, you’re chopped liver. Even if the victim is also in the same industry. And he is more than capable of hurting women and his friends and has. And continues to do so.

The bulk of the events described were in the last two years, up to a month ago. Fucker hasn’t changed don’t you loving gaslight dozens of people.

Pick a better hill, any hill, to die on other than Christopher Niosi you will thank yourself later.

tl;dr
Kirbopher is a sexually coercive, selfish, abusive embezzling piece of poo poo who tried to drive people to suicide and has pulled these stunts as recently as a month ago and hasn’t changed in 13 years and hasn’t apologized for jack nor poo poo GOOD NIGHT.

From: http://amethystlashiec.tumblr.com/post/149095962046/regarding-chris-kirbopher-niosi

I cannot find the original quote it was posting from but it stemmed from Kirbopher calling sexual coercion of minors and sexual abuse "minor drama."

New update tomorrow as always. More sidequests. Then Thursday we hit endgame.

Hot dog.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 21, 2019

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Good loving god. Yeccchhh is a profound understatement.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i follow a lot of anime voice actors on twitter and for some reason that crowd has by and large been much, much slower to cut off kirbopher than they were with vic mignona

dunno if it's because kirbopher doesn't have an incredibly long paper trail of horror stories at cons over the past decade and counting but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Wow, the game and everything around it both continue to get worse in completely horrible ways.