Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I've got this coming on ILL. I'm going to have to see if the nice ILL librarian starts side-eyeing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And this FINALLY came by ILL. I don't know that I make the end of the month on it, but I'm gonna read the bearfucking book anyways.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I wound up with the dull white hardcover with the Plausible as Kitchens quote.

I've got to say, there's a certain dread to reading knowing that any moment a woman could be loving a bear. It's like the Monster at the End of this Book, except instead of Grover, it's bear sex.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
OK, so I finished this up. I agree with the consensus that the old lady was also banging the bear. I reckon it's not just Homer that knew, but he definitely did know.

I tend to agree with Chernobyl Kinsman that she's reclaiming her sexuality.

On the whole, a better book than I was expecting.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

chernobyl kinsman posted:

my headcanon is that homer also hosed the bear

The very end thinking about Homer she mentions the distinctive ridge on his upper plate, which really called to mind the various other ridges mentioned re: bears.