Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm replacing in, can somebody give me a run down or an I going to have to read everything before immediately voting Pander (he knows what he's done)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

lumpen is being weird and informing us he has a PR that requires him to lie

someone has the ability to force lynches into plurality, this was used while ardulac was on the hook but he governed himself back to life and then george kansas was dunked

What's the 3P bit?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alaster posted:

oh during the night i learned keane was town for some reason

I'm glad you think I am town, friend Posh Magnus.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

now see, you recognised it as a jokepost, but Ernie was like, "what's that, fellow town? How could you dare appear happy that a townie has died?? I question your townie attitude because of this, alleged fellow townie!!"

that's where the alien part comes in I think

I think I agree with this take.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

tell us more thoughts, keane

I generally try to get my finger to a game's pulse when replacing in. I feel like Alasdair is town (scum would have no reason to say they'd think I was town), and I like F_v's posting so far, off hand.

Don't really know what to make of the zealot stuff yet.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ardulac posted:

Just got caught up on the thread and have to head to bed. Has anyone else noticed the 2 anonymous votes on Lil Mac? I noticed them before the last vote, so they are being placed at the end of the list regardless of when they were dropped (did anyone catch the timing?). Can we slow down the voting for a little bit until we sort that out and get some more discussion going?

Lumpen is crazy, but I can't think of a good reason for him to be acting this way unless he is somehow being compelled to speak only in lies or something. Other than that, I agree that we should wait at least a few more days before getting too into the mason chat thing. I like Pander's effort even if he is suspicious of me. I agree that Ernie massively overreacted to Bifauxnen's post and made a really bad case based on the idea that we should be in a huge funk over an outcome that isn't all that unusual (two dead Town by the start of Day 2). Xavier being dead is only a big deal to us if we take Lumpen at his word, which seemed silly even before he went off the deep end.

I assumed that was the result of Little Mac having hated status.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

kaschei posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Little Mac (4): Lumpen, got some chores tonight, Ixtlilton, Lumpen, Anonymous, Anonymous
Lumpen (3): Captain Foo, The Ninth Layer, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Captain Foo
Bifauxnen (2): Ernie., merk
Ardulac (2): Little Mac, Lumpen
Ernie. (1): Bifauxnen
Pander (1): Lumpen, Lumpen, Captain Foo
Pinterest Mom (1): fiery_valkyrie
kaschei (0): kaschei, kaschei
Toalpaz (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (7): Alaster, Ardulac, b-minus1, CCKeane, kaschei, Pander, Pinterest Mom

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 20th, 2019 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Convene in Its Great Light and be moved!

I’d love to see Alasdair and CCKeane vote sometime

Okay.

##vote Kaschei

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

because he's at -4 midway through the day for no goddamn reason

Hmm, disagree

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I'm a bit at a loss. I am town but I don't think I've necessarily done anything to outright prove it so the people "defending" me seem a bit sus. Of course, the case on me is also baseless and terrible so the people voting me are actually... dumb!!!

I would like to vote ardulac or lumpen, please.

I think I favor Ardulac or Lumpen as the executions for today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Everybody knows that I, CCKeane, am mod confirmed town, smh smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The initial votes on Little Mac are super suspicious and I'm going to be looking there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

My problem is, if Lumpen was the best lunch, which is what you sure seemed to be on about, he also shouldve been better than TNL. But when people started going after TNL instead, you weren't up in everyone's face all demanding explanations in capital letters anymore, all "hey, what about TNL makes him scummier than Lumpen, huh??" your push sure got a lot weaker even though it was deadline and the risk of someone else besides Lumpen getting lunched was much higher!

Can you expand on this a bit, bif?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

I didn't "why cut off D1" regarding conversations, it just seems like using your power at all D1 had a really high probability of failure given the typical D1 scum hit rates.

Eagerness to get a bonus is a plausible reason. I know I'd kick myself if one of them flipped scum and I didn't use that ability beforehand.

lol

It's pretty unfortunate that we couldn't be mason buddies this game. Woulda made the game 10x more fun.

##vote keane
Keane's history is bad. His response to Kaschei's prod to vote is just a joke vote on kaschei. Today he gives a blanket statement that initial voters on LM (from D2 I imagine?) are scummy, without a good reason why or who that pertains to. He's avoiding any scrutiny and seems to be actually proposing that unconfirmed (per pmom's post) night messages saying he's town means he's town.

I'm mod confirmed Town, Pander.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Yes there is. He has some reads. He has some questions. He has just enough to show he's not completely checked out like Alaster. Keane posted about as much D2 as F_V did if memory serves.

That is true of a lot of roles, including scum vig. Or Ard's governor ability. And since Lmac is double-hated forever, he's basically already a default scum win at LYLO.

Arguing against a role being scum because it could help them at LYLO is real bad logic.

Do you have any indication your investigation ability is flawed somehow?

If not, and assuming there's at least one scum in the zealot group, why would they wait until N2's investigation on LM to gently caress with the results rather than just messing up the ixt investigation?

To say LM's investigation is flawed is to argue that the scum waited until N2 to use an ability that makes town appear as scum in an investigation, something they could have done N1 but chose not to do.

I could see a role specifically designed to protect a scum by making a positive result questionable, especially if they know who the town are targeting with the ability. Makes a lot more sense than coming away from this thinking it proves LM is town for sure.

This is a good point. Hmm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

You're right. In my head I had tabled the Little Mac double-hated thing as something that had been done to him instead of something that is part of his role.

Ditto.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

bif ernie keane lmac ard werent on that vote

lmac was in spirit though (but he was the other lynch target)

suppose im obliged to read bifs posts today

I'm mod confirmed town, so bif or ernie I suppose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

keane tell me youre mod confirmed town tonight and DONT murder me while youre at it please

You got it, buddy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Nope, I'm a soothsayer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

does no one else think Pander is scum, I could've sworn some other people thought he was scum

maybe they're dead

I'm a bit surprised that Pander cased me, voted me, and then went off on other tangents, so I'm suspicious on that front since it could be a "testing the waters" type scenario.

For the record, he should have, in fact, received a PM from Taste confirming that I am town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Keane, please claim everyone you targeted while we are at it.

Alasdair
PMom
Pander
Chores

Pander has dropped his case on me after nobody bit.

He's scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

it seems kind of the opposite of that, but since it also makes no sense at all, it's probably for the best to mostly ignore the role poo poo.

except B- claiming jugg still bugs me.

Anyway, Lumpenlist:

Ernie
B-
Pander
PMom
Ard
merk
kaschei

then Alaster and Keane are just off in their own different little world where they deserve to get lunched, but can't actually be ranked since due to inactivity their scumminess molecules cannot be detected by any known instruments.

I'm mod confirmed town, bif.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Did you kill foo? Two days where kill flavor includes vanished and disappeared seems like a strong coincidence.

And were you joking a couple days ago when you said deathproof survivor? Cause deathproof survivor with a vig sounds kinda like a different role I can imagine. It looked like a joke, but I dunno, explore every avenue!

Got a message in the night from Taste with a message that Keane is town.

I'm trying to imagine a role where "every night you can have the mod inform a different player you are town" and I cannot think of a reason to give that role to a town player.

##vote keane

ard didn't post yesterday at all, so maybe he was gone for the weekend?

Oh and I wouldn't give alaster credit for voting TNL since his vote was stolen and he himself did nothing.

I was thinking solus or F_V were the scummiest after yesterday, but lol about that. bif and ernie are good starting places I guess.

Pander dropped this case and hasn't pushed it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

I've PMed taste requesting you and alaster be modkilled. I've said you should be modkilled in the thread. You're not posting or playing.

And I've basically been alone in that. I've worked on other reads because nobody has shown any interest in lynching you or alaster. I can either point out yet again that you're not playing, or I can respond to kaschei making an insane case on merk and ernie. I said we deserved to lose D3 cause nobody is showing a desire to lynch you or alaster, and TNL flipping scum propelled the game in a different direction.

As far as "confirmed town" goes I think you're a scum messenger but the only message you can send is "Keane is town". The two flipped scum roles revolve around misdirection. A scum messenger seems in keeping with the theme.

Now that that is doubtful, to happen, why don't you make your case on that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd vote Ernie or Pander.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Ernie

Bif has convinced me with her stirring rhetoric.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Keane, do you have a vig? A gunsmith told me you have a gun.

I do not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Pmom is my lover. Pmom hasn't really had any interest at all in conversing in the private chat, especially in the past few game days.

First response to being in lover group was "Oh being lovers is obnoxious" after I explained the situation I pulled him into.

Later added that he didn't necessarily believe we were lovers, just masons. Mentioned he thought I was sketchy about this too in the thread. He said that Taste never made it clear he was recruited as a lover, he only ever got added to a private discord channel with me. I think he's too scared of the consequences if we are lovers are to actually try to push me as scum, even if he has doubts.

I'd really like pmom for the SK except I don't know if I'd be allowed to recruit the SK. I couldn't recruit Lumpen, Merk, or Ixt. Merk and ixt are kinda obvious. Lumpen's less so. I don't know the mechanics behind why I couldn't recruit him, so I don't know if it's strictly because he was a 3P or some other reason.

Besides the possibility Pmom needs to go, I really think the wifom argument about why I'm still alive late game will result in my lynch at LYLO and cost us the game, so way better to eliminate me now while there's still enough players left to win vs scum and SK. I think kaschei protested WAY too hard about stuff that wasn't that out of line yesterday, and I guarantee if I'm alive tomorrow he'll push for my de facto lynch. Please lynch him tomorrow.

TL;DR I'm scum, lynch me today.

Why jumping to PMom being SK instead of scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I 100% made up that I had a gunsmith result. I do not have one.

Aw, I'm disappointed, I was ready to ARGUE.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Alaster is probably a good kill today??

What do you think about Pander?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Idk, like he mentioned I don't have a lot of interest in masonries I didn't super engage

Iirc his content has been pretty consistent in thread/chat (he likes to monologue) but I seem to recall him sending off mixed messages re: me specifically, where he was lightly pushing me in thread but not as much in chat? I'll double check that once I get to computer

Can you elaborate on the light pushes bit?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Once I get to computer geez

But PMom.

You ARE a computer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

yeah ive made some very questionable decisions in this game haha

- had scumread of tnl throughout d2, ended d2 voting tnl.
- n2 talked myself out of vigging tnl, chose lxt for reasons unknown
- d3 i pushed for a tnl lunch, changed to mac near deadline, finally back to tnl
- d4 voted for my top scumread, hal, later switched to alaster for lurking, went out friday night and never switched my vote

:eng99:

Hmm, this is a bad post. Redirects to the TNL conversation, and point two in particular jumps out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

while I'm glad you're joining in, I don't get this. Why's it "bad" cause it redirects to TNL convo? Point two (think you mean the vig of Ixt) was discussed at the time a fair bit.

B- is saying "aw, shucks I'm really off my game this game, look at how I was almost on TNL a few times, then almost on Hal!"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

also, kash claims that someone tried to kill them n3, so there were 3 killing actions performed in a single night.

I am town, started with a one shot jug vig
chores flipped town, killed toalpaz/solus, never provided specific action, role or flavor.

does any town player feel like claiming another vig?

or maybe scum have a delayed killing role. Mills was the only death n1, and was "killed". Every night after n1 a player has "disappeared/vanished" in addition to another player getting "killed"

Yo so hold up a minute, admittedly I'm not following the game as much as I should, but you're claiming the vig is jug vig?

Seems weird for a vig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It seems doubtful that you are actually laughing out loud; your web of lies grows ever more sticky.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

I dunno. "I hosed up" reads a lot better to me than flailing about asserting "no, really it's fine." I've explained myself as town a lot in the past for fuckups.

Looks like you're getting picky for its own sake.

Personally, I can't believe somebody is being picky about posts in a game of mafia.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

bif, kaschei scum-team with binus as an sk imo

there really aren't many places left for scum to hide

modkill alaster and keane tbh

I've been posting a significant amount today. Strange to advocate for a modkill.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

I'm just reminded of flatluigi's Amnesia mafia back in like 2009. It was a big game where the entire scumteam was 5 or 6 of the most notorious lurkers (snowberries, varinn, fronz kofko, few others) and they coasted to a flawless victory by only ever posting when attacked then returning to radio silence.

The apprehension about removing lurkers through modkills and reticence against lynches by the playerbase (both scum and town have reasons to avoid going after lurkers) clearly remains a problem with SA mafia.

How are people supposed to judge you? There's no contemporaneous posting to go on. Your reads today were basically all way-after-the-fact reaction shots, the mafia equivalent of

So either there's the case that you're scum or an SK because you lurked and are playing just enough to avoid modkill and banking on the idea everyone's too enmeshed in thinking someone else is scum to go after you, or you're lazy town and decided D5 is the proper time to join the game proper and now you'll solve things.

I am literally mod confirmed town, Pander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I won't be around for the deadline.

Ernie is the leader and I'm happy with my vote there. I would move to B- and Pander, but alas the world of dodgeball demands my shoulder.