Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ixtlilton posted:

I was contacted for game and would like to play.

Me too buddy. Let’s kick scum rear end.

Or you know, make some terrible arguments and lose the game for town. Either one works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ernie. posted:

Well I'll start us off, I don't trust the new guy.

I’m convinced. That’s a hell of a case.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

This game is like a big who's who of people I really enjoy playing mafia with

I’m just going to assume that I am one of these people and bask in the warm glow of friendship.

Toalpaz posted:

This is my first time playing mafia, thanks for listening. What does scum mean?

Is this a real first time claim, or a Keane-style “first time” claim?

b-minus1 posted:

##vote little mac

I’m curious why you read LM’s post as a scum vote rather than a joke vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

this is really my first forums mafia game 'fiery_valkyrie'

Are you Keane with a name change?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

"What a compliment to pay a poster" is what I might say if I knew a sly, handsome, trickster like Keane. But this is my first forums mafia game.

Well what a shame that you aren’t a sly, handsome trickster.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

Maybe he's getting the same scummy vibe off of LM as I am?

#vote little mac

Can you elaborate? I’m just curious why he is giving you that vibe when his posts seem totally innocuous to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

The first thing that stood out to me as a little Scummy was how he showed up, made a joke, got voted, and then disappeared instead of engaging with the person or continuing the joke. It just seems similar to things I've done in the past when I didn't want to draw attention to myself or risk acting unnaturally. Unfortunately, it looks like the post history button is no longer nearly as useful as it used to be, and I can't tell if LM was posting elsewhere (which would be super Scummy) or if he legit wasn't watching the thread after he first posted (null signal). Then he just seemed a bit off when he came back, but I have a harder time articulating the reasons for that feeling.

So he could be scum, or he could have stopped reading this thread? Hmmm.

I don’t believe that and to be honest I don’t think you believe what you just wrote either. But it’s D1 and you got backed into defending a comment that you probably didn’t put any thought into.

It was the vote from B- that I was suspicious of because it just came across as really forced to me, but your post here feels fake as well.

##vote Ardulac

Yay!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

you're calling his post fake but also explaining why it could be okay? meh ##vote f_v

No. Where am I doing that?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

you're calling his post fake but also explaining why it could be okay? meh ##vote f_v

Okay, I figured out what you meant.

I think the fact that he is defending an argument that I don't think he agrees with makes it worse to me. It feels like he is really concerned with how he is perceived and is willing to double down on his vote than just be all "eh, day 1".

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Oh, I forgot to say that I want to kill Ernest just because something feels off and also I forgot what it's like to sit and look at a thread and wait for people to post so you can post with them and be posting friends or enemies.

Hi Ixt.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

What makes you think I read it as a scum vote? Maybe my vote was also a joke vote...

It was the fact that it was in two posts. It didn’t read as a joke to me. Like, you had to come back and make a second post to vote because it troubled you so much.

Was it a joke vote?

Ernie. posted:

i think ardulac is just trying to get the game going with content, i'm honestly super happy that he is

And I’m not? Rude. :colbert:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, shall we be friends or frenemies? No other options are on the table.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

so you agree but you're not changing your vote?

If you think both Ard and myself have our votes down just to generate content then why aren’t you asking him to change his vote too?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

This part. Ardulac's was the first content post of the game. Feels weird to de facto label it was a late-game behaviour of defending a post.

But to me that was exactly what was so suspicious about it. I didn't see the "scummy vibe" on LM and when I asked Ard to expand I felt like his explanation of his thought process was way over the top. It was the sort of thing I would expect later in the game, which is why it stood out early on.

Also, Ard said this even though LM had not come back to the thread and posted anything after the post that Ard voted for him on.

Ardulac posted:

Then he just seemed a bit off when he came back, but I have a harder time articulating the reasons for that feeling.

That sentence is just totally fake.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah Ardulac is going down today, anyscum with sense should bus them at this point imo.

##vote Ardulac

So are you admitting to being a scum with sense?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

f_v, what do you think of my case on PM?

I think it’s pretty reasonable. PM’s callout on Kaschei was totally hypocritical given that the only game post he had made was to just say “all the votes are bad”, which is also a great example of someone who seems to be around and commenting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

Would rather vote little Mac over merk or lumpen

I’ve asked you twice now to explain your vote on LM. Both times you just ignored it.

You throw around names but make no cases.

The only thing you’ve talked about in any depth is your meta read of Toal which is totally irrelevant.

##vote bminus

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

##vote f_v would also vote mad or pmom

Lol. Another vote with no explanation.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

for real, am i gona be lunched d1? wtf

It would really help if you explained even one reason why you’ve voted for anyone today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

he just seemed a bit off when he came back, but I have a harder time articulating the reasons for that feeling.

Toal, can I get you opinion on this quote from Ard. It is part of his case on LM. He says LM was suss when he got back, but LM had never posted again. It’s just an outright fabrication.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I feel like Lumpen's found me scummy in every game I've played with him. Also that was an incredibly bad vote and posting thus far by Mills.

Who’s scum Ixt? You don’t have a vote down.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Can you expand on why GK’s reasoning was bad?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote ardulac

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Okay let's take another look.

First the Ardulac post in question was terrible , so I disbelieve GK actually could find it "tracks" or that it was reasonable logic, and then he's wishy-washy on it, sayingnit is too much wifom, but also saying he doesn't think Ardulac's post is scummy. Whatnis the point of all this posturing? It fends off the criticism that Ardulac was catching at the time, and boosts him, but also (to me) belies an awareness that Ardulac had made a dangerously bad post. He says it was "good!".. but "wifom and not persuasive", but... "not scummy"(!?!)

But then on top of that, he drops the proxy-OMGUS on f_v, all indignant about a criticism of Ardulac's objectively (I say) bad post.

See it?

Yes. Thanks, that was helpful.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

LET'S DO THIS

##vote Ixt

What about Ard instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

hey what was so bad about "the Ardulac post" again, am I thinking of a different one, cause I know people thought he was going to far to get all forums stalker about it, but I thought that was still some good scumhuntin effort

I think Merk summed it up best.

merk posted:

Best vote so far today: ##vote Ardulac

Look at these Ardulac posts:

This is a dude who made a vote and then tried to invent the reason for the vote.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think Ard or Bminus are the best votes today, but I'll be around at deadline, so can switch if needed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Toalpaz and f_v I am interested in an explanation for why you'd vote Ardulac but not vote GK. Do you see the connection?

I would vote GK, I just feel stronger about Ard and B-.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills posted:

Fine, I’ll do it myself.

##vote f_v

You were already voting me anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills posted:

Insect!

You're wasting your RP on me. If Ernie hadn't mentioned earlier that you were channeling Thanos I wouldn't have had a clue what you are talking about.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

interesting

toal looks really bad here

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

lol it was probably Lumpen's vote, he's da big cat who make all da rulez or something.

It seems like a pointless thing to do. Use your action to kill the player who was almost certainly going to be voted off.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

before everyone goes all whackadoo, lets all interpret jfisk's modtext in a sensical fashion

1 person did a quicklynch by three votes or moved the hammer time up
another person undid that

if the second player is town, they should probably claim since a quicklynch as a scum ability is playaroundable (assuming we have this game won before lylo) but i suspect they wont cuz they are scum doing a little delaying technique

the fact that those two skills are linked suchly makes me suspect it has to do with the cabal of schemers that ernie represents (who was not here for dl and is unlikely to be either of those ppl)

I think the quicklynch must be a scum ability. There is no benefit to town for making the day end early or without the total votes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

Just a note, I could conditionally pre-load my ability. There is no reason to think the other ability wasn't similar, so it would be a bad idea to rule people out just because they weren't around at DL.

This makes more sense for why someone would use their ability. If a scum bud was looking like they might be a contender at the end of the day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

who was that person in the weird masonry??? I forgot and there's too many players.

Ernie.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie, now that the zealots have lost a town player, is there a majority opinion on who might be the scum/s in your group?

Did GK talk much? Did he have any opinions of the game?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pander posted:

The last couple questions are fine, but what are you really expecting from the first question? How would that inform your play?

I’m expecting that town players in that group should be sharing at least a degree of what is going on in their private chat with the thread. There is almost definitely a scum in that group so everything they say would be known to scum. The people lacking information are the non-Zealot town members.

I want to know who is talking more in there than in the thread? Who is pushing votes? What scum hunting is happening within that group?

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pander posted:

I'm just asking you to think about the mechanics of that.

They post in masonchat "hey who among us is scummy", and then all give answers, then ernie translates them for the thread?

Just seems like it'd be awkward.

Do you really think an unconfirmed masonry hasn’t already had that conversation before? And that town players aren’t also scum hunting in that chat?

Why do you imagine that they would take a straw poll? If the masonry group thinks strongly that one of their members is scum, then they should talk about that in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

In bifs defence I didn't notice Xavier was dead plus also i don't think it matters

But going after a zealot right out of the gate after geek's flip is weird

Why? Ernie told us that the masonry is unconfirmed.