Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonna yeet some votes all over this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh man good times

butt scum supremacy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

George Kansas posted:

Just so everyone knows, I’m BottleKnight. I upgraded my username last week.

It's a pretty good username

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

It's a pretty good username

whereas my playing is guaranteed to be bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mills posted:

I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

Or should I say, I have.

o poo poo waddup

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i did the thing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kaschei posted:

I have a bad feeling about [REDACTED]

same, but [DATA EXPUNGED]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm willing to bet a lot of people forgot this game was on

those people suck

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm prepared to fight off the D1 apathy with an onslaught of shitposts

i bet you're too apathetic to actually do this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

can't even keep up with like one page of jokephase? pffft

##vote merk

I actually did find a site, don't know if it was the same one, and had a very nice time playing with it before I realised I couldn't get the sexy result to save on mobile

i don't care about weird designs, only shitposting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

George Kansas posted:

Gonna fight off D1 apathy with the main thing that causes D1 apathy

u have a really good av, friend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

George Kansas posted:

i'm getting fuzzy's taco shop later

gettin' dizzy itt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Xavier, do not ever flavorclaim your identity please.
I believe it is most likely in the interest of Town to refuse to claim any flavor names in this game.

why would you deliberately engage in flavorchat when it was mod-provided that doing so would probably be useless

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pander posted:

##vote george kansas

Sass feels feigned.

tryhard

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't sign up for this game to play with off-brand Anidav

i only vaguely remember who this is but i have a sensation it's a decently intense burn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

I signed up for this game to fight for honor, glory, and honour.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mafia edit: show me your honor

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mills posted:

Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this… does put a smile on my face.

##vote Captain Foo

:)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scum as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As an known enemy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toalpaz posted:

##vote lumpen

this is the only vote that matters today

whyzat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

so to all you oldtimers who've played with Lumpen a lot more than me, does he usually get all setup speccy like this?

Last time I saw him as scum, he just lurked a lot and made the unforgivable mistake of trying to case me when I was painfully obviously town, but he also replaced into a big crazy game and I feel it was atypical.

lumpen is hilariously mechanical

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ardulac posted:

The first thing that stood out to me as a little Scummy was how he showed up, made a joke, got voted, and then disappeared instead of engaging with the person or continuing the joke. It just seems similar to things I've done in the past when I didn't want to draw attention to myself or risk acting unnaturally. Unfortunately, it looks like the post history button is no longer nearly as useful as it used to be, and I can't tell if LM was posting elsewhere (which would be super Scummy) or if he legit wasn't watching the thread after he first posted (null signal). Then he just seemed a bit off when he came back, but I have a harder time articulating the reasons for that feeling.

huge lmao at thinking someone posting in a non-game thread is scummy

it's frankly lovely community behavior to stalk someone like that imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ixtlilton posted:

Hello friends, here I am posting in a game. I got a flat tire today, how was your day?

it was better than this, sorry for your day :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lumpen you ruined the joke

is this a surprise to anyone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So he could be scum, or he could have stopped reading this thread? Hmmm.

I don’t believe that and to be honest I don’t think you believe what you just wrote either. But it’s D1 and you got backed into defending a comment that you probably didn’t put any thought into.

It was the vote from B- that I was suspicious of because it just came across as really forced to me, but your post here feels fake as well.

##vote Ardulac

Yay!

you're calling his post fake but also explaining why it could be okay? meh ##vote f_v

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pander posted:

Where does FV do that in the post you quoted? I don't see that.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don’t think you believe what you just wrote either. But it’s D1 and you got backed into defending a comment that you probably didn’t put any thought into.

your post here feels fake as well.

##vote Ardulac

fiery_valkyrie posted:

But it’s D1 and

c'mon, it's only like a three sentence post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ernie. posted:

alright i've thought about this a lot and ##vote lumpen

the only reason to play the way he is is to avoid being voted against, not really a townie point of view

lumpen's usually more of a hound-other-players for their alignment person

this seems like a reasonable argument

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm so glad "Sass seems feigned" is becoming a meme this game, cause I am gonna catch a scum so fast once it gets used on me

quality seems feigned

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toalpaz posted:

Captain Foo, I don't think FV is being contradictory, or saying the post FV quoted is OK because 'it's day one' (offering an excuse) while throwing shade on it. FV is pretty clearly saying that it's weird that someone double downs on defending themselves seriously on day one because it's supposed to be an easy breezy day. So they aren't offering an excuse while voting but are instead trying to explain why in particular the quoted post is bad. So your read is wrong Imo if I'm correct.

well it's obviously not "pretty clearly saying" anything seeing as how there's been different reads of it!!

also nobody says d1 is easy, but i'll roll with your gimmick, i guess

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

but I don't want to vote someone who posts big posts.

this is terrible reasoning on its own and you should know why

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toalpaz posted:

Okay where is the point where FV says Ardulacs post could actually be Townie and okay? The sentence that you point to to show a contradiction is this:

'But it’s D1 and you got backed into defending a comment that you probably didn’t put any thought into. '

FV is clearly saying that self conscious scum dug into their position fearing people examining them because they're self conscious scum concerned with how they'd appear. Can you explain how this sentence excuses Ardulac instead?

I think you barely read the post usually ' but it's day one's typically are followed by' so I could be wrong ' but instead this one is expanding on FVs reasoning.

why are you ignoring the fact that the word "but" is in there, typically used to mark a reversal of intent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

No, I disagree.

My initial reaction to Ardulac's big post was to post "scum post" and drop a vote, right after it, but I decided not to because I respect the effort and I don't want to discuourage discussion and effortposting, and while I felt the post was scummy I'm not highly confident about Ardulac. I think merk has made a good case on him, merk's seeing what I saw.

It is definitely in Town's favor to make an effort to coax out more discussion and words to judge people by, that reasoning is sound.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little goon? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Discussion Thread, and I've been involved in numerous secret dunks on votefinder, and I have over 300 confirmed lunches. I am trained in gorilla wordfare and I'm the top post sniper in the entire SA posting forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of trackers across the Forums and your scumdoc is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, scum. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can lynch you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare votes. Not only am I extensively trained in unedited combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Something Awful Mafia Community and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the thread, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, scumlord.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toalpaz posted:

I think the fact that FV cleared it up in the next two posts would be a good indicator of FVs intent. I don't think the first post was expertly written though.

"So he could be scum, or he could have stopped reading this thread? Hmmm.

I don’t believe that and to be honest I don’t think you believe what you just wrote either. But it’s D1 and you got backed into defending a comment that you probably didn’t put any thought into. "

I think the but refers to the first sentence where FV sets up the possibility that Ardulac is town that stopped reading thread. You'll notice that the second sentence also refers to that possibility.

i will certainly agree with you that f_v's original post was not very well written. having re-read the exchange a couple of times it feels honestly poorly written as compared to a scummier sort of deliberate obfuscation.

that being said i don't see how at all you can explain the "but" as referring to any part of the first sentence

:butt:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah I'm not sure about iterations of "the first person to make a real case is scum" and variations

merk thirdvoted george kansas so merk is obviously scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:stare:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah Ardulac is going down today, anyscum with sense should bus them at this point imo.

##vote Ardulac

:stare:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

These latest cases flying around are nice and all, but why is no one reacting at all to my vote on LMac

including LMac

self-importance seems genuine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is being hypocritical scummy :angel:

generally speaking, yes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that being said i just re-read p mom's posts and i'm okay enough with them to not vote for p mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i think p mom's argument for ardulac being scum is a hecc of a lot better than f_v's, actually