Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
I ordered it off eBay for 600$ shipped, comes with a ton of accessories that weren't listed apparently. I bought it to develop software for.

The main reasons I ordered My Google Glass XE.xls are:

1. To interface with my iPhone XR
2. Watch movies on
3. Write C/C++ code for
4. Take pictures/videos
5. Use voice recognition

I can tether my phone to GG's wifi and get wifi anywhere 5G is active. I love the fact that it can interface with a phone and show a loving holographic image on glass. Jealous much?

The first thing I'll write is a video player, followed by porting my neuron library to Java (which I think is the main programming language of the SDK)

I'll get my GG in about a week, I'll post pictures when I get them, until then I would love to hear constructive thoughts on Google Glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hummingbird hoedown
Sep 23, 2004

IS THAT A STUPID NEWBIE AVATAR? FUCK NO, YOU'RE GETTING A PENTAR

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Products

unidef freeman posted:

I would love to hear constructive thoughts on Google Glass

I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind and what you're able to do with them.

Perhaps you could create a thread in the project.log sub of COBAL? It might get more project-minded feedback than in the main forum if you have a specific idea in mind for the glasses.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Hummer Driving human being posted:

I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind and what you're able to do with them.

Perhaps you could create a thread in the project.log sub of COBAL? It might get more project-minded feedback than in the main forum if you have a specific idea in mind for the glasses.

Sure! I had no idea there was a sub forum like that, after I do some errands I’ll type on up

My real hope is getting video working on google glass

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
My order comes in today, I’ll be sure to post a first impression and photos

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Doesn't Google Glass require you have a Google+ account? And isn't Google+ shutting down in a couple months?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

biznatchio posted:

Doesn't Google Glass require you have a Google+ account? And isn't Google+ shutting down in a couple months?

Nothing on google but I understand g+ is going away, there’ll hopefully be some hacks soon

I’ll find out today, usps is delivering at around 2pm pst

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Out for delivery, it’ll be here soon. Yes. Soon. *pets his MacBook pro*

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
First impressions: product didn’t work at all with my iPhone. After 4 hours of going outside and generaI hacking, I can ask questions to google, and listen to music on google play., song with normal stuff. Playing and recording video puts a massive strain on the device

On the other hand, masturbation is pretty awesome. Especially with google glass.

[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Works as a bluetooth headset on my iPhone, too.

After careful analyzation it’s a 600$ piece of poo poo that can do a max of 3 things right, and the mfg already did that, and they loving couldn’t do that right, just like my Apple Watch

Oh well, no video players I’ll just beg my family to give me app ideas