Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

g0lbez posted:

I'm curious what you found out specifically cuz he seems like a cool dude to me :confused:

he believes in left wing politics and bryan is his political self insert :shh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ulex minor posted:

everyone says american dad is really good but it seems really bad to me, what is a good joke on american dad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BDMAYxlfcs

White Light fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 6, 2019

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

American Dad is similar to King of the Hill, in the sense that a lot of the humor is character-driven instead of gag-driven.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
the Family Guy pilot Seth did for Cartoon Network was p. funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caR_5BgEgv8

he's capable of writing jokes without being unnecessarily crude

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mooey Cow posted:

Did they ever do a cartoon where like the characters actually age like real people would?

This was the intention for Mission Hill. Shame they had to put it on The WB.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How is a baby homosexual or indeed sexual at all

they need to do way instain babby> who kill their mother.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sid Vicious posted:

Wizard Master

Mother loving wizard master

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

Clerks cartoon was better.

The commentary on it was pretty bitter that family guy was successful and they weren’t. That’s what they get for putting it on loving ABC

Also for being unfunny trash.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Detective No. 27 posted:

This was the intention for Mission Hill. Shame they had to put it on The WB.

I feel like that show would do better if they made it in this zeitgeist

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Gaunab posted:

Everyone in family guy is okay with Brian the dog having sex with human women.
DILF

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Gaunab posted:

Everyone in family guy is okay with Brian the dog having sex with human women.

Sure there even was a scene where almost a threeway with stewie happened, too. Lucky for us, the girl died before this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGIpPX2cqI

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

George H.W. oval office posted:

Clerks cartoon was better.

The commentary on it was pretty bitter that family guy was successful and they weren’t. That’s what they get for putting it on loving ABC

the clerks cartoon was thousands of times better than the movie, imho

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

the clerks cartoon was thousands of times better than the movie, imho

So 2/5?

I get there are people that enjoy Kevin Smith works but watching Clerks and Dogma with a friend that loved them was the most boring experience of my life, it transported me back in time to when I was a kid and time stood still.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Half of the clerks episodes are good.

Also I'll always have a soft spot for Dogma. A priest taught a Christian themes in media class at my college and that was one of the movies. There's a surprising amount of work to the theology of that movie.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So 2/5?

I get there are people that enjoy Kevin Smith works but watching Clerks and Dogma with a friend that loved them was the most boring experience of my life, it transported me back in time to when I was a kid and time stood still.

i have fallen asleep during two movies in my entire life, and clerks was one of them the other was mulan, please don't hate me

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Given Kevin's current output it's better the clerks cartoon didnt continue

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I saw Clerks in the theater in 1994 and laughed my rear end off. I watched it again in 2014 and felt like I was watching a bad high school play.

The story isn't bad and the script has good lines but the acting is so bad.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Gaunab posted:

human women

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bonzo posted:

The story isn't bad and the script has good lines but the acting is so bad.

Smith's actors were pretty much his friends on a shoestring budget.

At the time Clerks was unique for being what amounted to someone's final project in a filmmaking college class getting a wide release. Plus it obviously made money hand over fist because it was dirt cheap. That was studio catnip, and the intervening years took a lot of the shine off it as the novelty wore off.

I have a soft spot for Clerks but it's not a great movie.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You're right, Clerks had a place in it's time, but the fact is provided him a springboard to unload a bunch of other turds on us damns it also.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
They really should have made the family guy movie about that two parter episode of Stewie killing Lois instead of making a long boring episode of Stewie being older.

He's supposed to be a genius, which was another thing that sort of got swept under the rug along with his world domination stuff. As an adult he's just some dork in a dead end job acting like the most normal guy around. There was a nice little nod to him being smart that I liked in the episode where Brian went back to college. Brian was struggling with a hard paper which Stewie takes from him, glances at it for a second, and then completes it for him. That's like the only callback to it that I can think of outside of another random gizmo popping up.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 10, 2019

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a genius but I'm just a boring dork stuck in a dead-end job

Society doesn't always appreciate our intelligence

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jesus I haven't watched Family Guy in like 12 years.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Wicker Man posted:

They really should have made the family guy movie about that two parter episode of Stewie killing Lois instead of making a long boring episode of Stewie being older.

He's supposed to be a genius, which was another thing that sort of got swept under the rug along with his world domination stuff. As an adult he's just some dork in a dead end job acting like the most normal guy around. There was a nice little nod to him being smart that I liked in the episode where Brian went back to college. Brian was struggling with a hard paper which Stewie takes from him, glances at it for a second, and then completes it for him. That's like the only callback to it that I can think of outside of another random gizmo popping up.

I have bad news about the fate of geniuses. The geniuses you hear about aren’t all the geniuses who ever existed. They are just the ones history remembers because they didn’t wind up as dorks in dead-end jobs.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Wicker Man posted:

That's cause Stewie plagiarized another paper.

I know it was a trap but I have nothing to live for.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

So 2/5?

Dogma is great which means you are not.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I honestly thought there would never be a worse movie than The Flintstones (1994) but then I saw Dogma.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Family Guy used to be the most hip ironi-cool show on all of TV and then everyone started hating it and then it was kinda good again and has been kinda good but the south park guys hate it and I thought they'd like it so I don't know WHAT to do

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

I honestly thought there would never be a worse movie than The Flintstones (1994) but then I saw Dogma.

And then you saw a mirror. :madmax:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

it's just been revoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
It's a zombie like the Simpsons.