Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that race was so loving bad that Jeff "Good Vibrations" Green got a top 10

FuzzySkinner posted:

how did they gently caress up the aero that badly?

goddamn.

Granted I wasn't paying close attention until the last stage (ugh), but it looked to me like it was much more on the drivers and not the aero. Nobody wanted to get out of line and risk sinking.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm really stunned Cup hasn't slashed ticket prices at this point to get a full house.

Ain't 2008 any more.

I really think they could fill some places up with better ticket prices but that's just me.

They're slashing grandstands from tracks, so same difference?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Watching the 1998 race.

Ned and Buddy really are nice to listen to.

They're not trying to yuck it up and try to play the redneck card like Fox is pushing DW too.

Rather they sound like a friend of my dad showing us around the garage and talking about work.

Also I loving called it. Whomever was writing Talladega Nights must have actually watched the races like us. I swear to god this happened on a regular basis. (ABC I swear did it often) They'd always tack on Figure Skating after a race.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FuzzySkinner posted:

how did they gently caress up the aero that badly?

goddamn.

they didn't that's what's weird

this is the 2018 package and there's no reason for them to be driving like this yet here we are

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
When I see them all in a single file line, it make me think the drivers are on strike, and anyone who tries to make a move is a scab

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's mostly the 2018 package, the spoiler is larger and sticks out more on the left side so the airflow has definitely changed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The nice thing about today is that it can't possibly go worse than yesterday

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

"Austin Dillon goes back to back.."

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Just rewatched the end of the Xfinity race, that poo poo is inexplicable

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CactusWeasle posted:

:barf:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
OK if that happens you are free to ban me

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

Chase Elliott is going to WIN the Daytona 500!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CactusWeasle posted:

OK if that happens you are free to ban me

Same if Austin Dillon wins the 2019 running of the Daytona 500 ban me :toxx:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Chase Elliott is going to WIN the Daytona 500!

hes one of the few people willing to make moves during speed weeks to actually win races, so gently caress it

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I'd be interested to hear his in-car from that last one. He was literally the only driver willing to cowboy up, had to have been annoying.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Jeffrey was trying at the end as well and it cost him a top 10

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

He looks like a white Jaden Smith

Jaden Smith's twitter and netflix anime are good though

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Looking forward to watching anyone who tries to make any move plummeting to the back all race

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

DW looks so old now :(

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Jeffrey was trying at the end as well and it cost him a top 10

I think that's part of the problem, this mindset. I'm not saying go out there every race and just bin it or win it but god drat, it's turning into Formula 1 with the car costs and the driver mentality. "Better not risk it, we can still bring home P13" does not make for an interesting product.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

will_colorado posted:

DW looks so old now :(

if only he'd take the hint and retire

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's the over under on cars finishing today?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

What's the over under on cars finishing today?

I predict no less than 2 big ones with 10 cars finishing

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
what is the general consensus on dividing the race into stages anyway? i think it’s stupid as hell but maybe other people like it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ace Jameson posted:

what is the general consensus on dividing the race into stages anyway? i think it’s stupid as hell but maybe other people like it

it's whatever. doesn't even sniff the top of dumb nascar rules in the past decade imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ace Jameson posted:

It's fine but not really any sort of game changer. It's basically guaranteed caution flags which is probably why there's been fewer debris yellows lately.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
oh yeah, i forgot about all the yellows for “debris” that the tv cameras could never find. this sport is the greatest

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm neutral to slightly positive view of them. It makes the middle sections of the race, one of the more infamous criticisms of NASCAR as a whole, interesting at least. It has reduced the number of BS cautions though as a whole as well, especially once fans got up in arms about it.

e: it's changed strategy up a little too. Now you have the "go for stage win" or "go for start of stage position" as well, though the old strategy sort of went out the window :smith:

iospace fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 17, 2019

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

iospace posted:

It has reduced the number of BS cautions though as a whole as well, especially once fans got up in arms about it.

https://twitter.com/HurricaneBarca/status/1096877771182219264

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

On one hand, yes, it's off the racing line, but on the other, it's a piece of debris that could easily get kicked up and thrown into the stands.

Or well, it's hard to say for the latter based on the side-by-side image.

e: also it depends on where on the track it originally was before it bounced into the grass. It could have been "oh it's on the track, throw the yellow" as it was still bouncing. Or it could have been there from a wreck from a previous yellow and NASCAR NASCAR'd it up.

iospace fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 17, 2019

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Guys.
I really hate Chris Myers.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Ace Jameson posted:

it took me from watching every cup/busch/trucks race to only daytona and a sprinkling of others when bored. really cant stand it. im a curmudgeon though.

i put $10 on Denny to win the 500 in vegas though, so cmon 11

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't usually tune in until the third stage anymore, if ever

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Whose bright idea was it to put a GoPro on Mikey Waltrip's hat but forget to tell him not to nod while talking to people

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Are we no longer using irc for these things?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

maffew buildings posted:

Are we no longer using irc for these things?

Discord, links in the OP i think

e: lol no its not Pnut goddamnit

https://discord.gg/kg3d2Uu

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DW looks old as poo poo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I don't usually tune in until the third stage anymore, if ever

You are almost there now just to get to tuning in to the show that starts after the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

not gonna bother watching this crapfest but I will leave this here:
https://twitter.com/nascarman_rr/status/1096957731246874630