Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

owl thread Post about your fav owls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

i like the little softly hooty one that hangs out in my backyard in the spring/summer. i've never seen it tho so i don't know exactly what it is!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

lol but

body is a dinosaur
clash of the titans owl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lol but

body is a dinosaur
but can a robot be an owl?

lol but

body is a dinosaur
the answer was firmly established as yes in star trek TNG over 30 years ago that was just a little bit of fun just now

alnilam

lol but seriously I posted:

clash of the titans owl

classic

alnilam

I heard a screech owl recently in the woods they're so spooky and alien sounding

Manifisto

but can a robot be an owl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vVGLu8IsaQ

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

last fall i sawr an owl nab a squirrel (?) from the forest floor it was a cool sight to behold although :rip: squirrel

alnilam

I love the classic cartoon tier hooting of the barred owl

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

last fall i sawr an owl nab a squirrel (?) from the forest floor it was a cool sight to behold although :rip: squirrel

tghey are so freakin quiet. one night I happened to see one swoop up onto a tree limb, a huge ol' owl out of nowhere making exactly zero noise

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

I love the classic cartoon tier hooting of the barred owl

who cooks for you?

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

tghey are so freakin quiet. one night I happened to see one swoop up onto a tree limb, a huge ol' owl out of nowhere making exactly zero noise

yeah it's crazy how quiet they are like a hawk coasting doesn't seem to be too loud but then you compare it to seeing an owl move where it's like drat who muted the world

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

who cooks for you?

Goons Are Gifts

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kerrzhe

the best owl is the barn owl, it is not only the prettiest owl but also makes the best noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHz2FTZadqQ

google THIS

I know we're deliberately not talking about the thing, but this year I neither knew it was tonight nor did or indeed still do I know either of the teams playing, which is a new record for me.

But on topic, this owl wearing glasses appears multiple times when I GIS "best owl" so I think he deserves consideration.

Manifisto

Kerrzhe posted:

the best owl is the barn owl, it is not only the prettiest owl but also makes the best noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHz2FTZadqQ

you make a strong case, but the best best owl is this owl who is best buddies with a doggo:

e:

also a contender. let me ask you this, is he on friendly terms with any capybaras or similarly easygoing mammals?

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

clash of the titans owl

harry hamlin agrees

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I like these fine gents

sig by owlhawk911

Omnipotent Fist

Duck note: removed very un-byob rap video about murdering owls.

This thread is an owl sanctuary

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 5, 2019

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:duckie:

post reduckted

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I thought this thread was going to be about that sports thing I've heard so much about, what a relief !!

super sweet best pal

Owls are great in moderation. Don't overindulge or you'll end up like this

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
there's a great horned owl at my local zoo who gives me the meanest stinkeye every time i see it. it follows me with a judgemental glare, never breaking eye contact.

my kids call it "the owl that doesn't like dad"

NinjaHydra
MACROEVOLUTION, MICRO-BRAIN
Sc-owl

Manifisto

:hai: serious owl, would nominate to supreme court

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

owls are the fearless lords of the depths, the kings in the jungle, the saviors of the damned

Byob should have an owl friday

Finger Prince

I saw these owls today on imgur
https://i.imgur.com/g74GU7S.gifv

alnilam

Good owls

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
owls have weird asymmetrical skulls

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaded Burnout

Nosfereefer posted:

owls have weird asymmetrical skulls

It's so they can pinpoint direction more easily. It's why dogs tilt their heads, I think.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Jaded Burnout posted:

It's so they can pinpoint direction more easily. It's why dogs tilt their heads, I think.

p sure dogs are like ghosts and do stuff kind of arbitrarily

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Robot Made of Meat

Jaded Burnout posted:

Dogs tilt their heads because owls have asymmetrical skulls?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Robot Made of Meat posted:

nature truly is amazing

google THIS

Goons Are Great posted:

owls are the fearless lords of the depths, the kings in the jungle, the saviors of the damned

Byob should have an owl friday

*who'sday

alnilam

canyoneer posted:

nature truly is amazing

Jaded Burnout

yeah, so they can look at owls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts