Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i didn't realise i was octagon side. how embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Yeah it’s quite clear that the powers that be in boxing won’t allow Canelo to lose a wide decision, or lose at all if they can help it. Mayweather, Lara, GGG fights, and now Bivol prove that. You have to box a shutout to get a 7-5 card in your favour. Truly disgraceful stuff!

The only time I actually felt sympathy for Floyd was the scores against Canelo; he literally yelled "WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?!"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i genuinely believe the judges were paid to give the first four rounds they think canelo lost to canelo and to judge 'fairly' from there. it explains the scorecards. but so does 'boxing'

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

balancedbias posted:

The only time I actually felt sympathy for Floyd was the scores against Canelo; he literally yelled "WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?!"

it must be very annoying to beat the crap out of some guy for 30 minutes then have someone say you lost (i know he didn't actually lose any of the cards)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Amazing, how are they

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no idea its not my photo unfortunately because i would definitely have bought them

i'll check the supermarket when i got on friday and get some if i see them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looks like an extremely poo poo Calippo, possibly with enough caffeine to make you actually poo poo

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I doubt my local publix has it but I'd be willing to try it out if I can find it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

of very online interest the creator clash is on tomorrow. boxing in the heavyweight division is eric from internet comment ettiquette who i believe started his journey of over 1m subscribers on these very forums. so that's... weird.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

of very online interest the creator clash is on tomorrow. boxing in the heavyweight division is eric from internet comment ettiquette who i believe started his journey of over 1m subscribers on these very forums. so that's... weird.

Looking forward to watching beefy Idubbs get in there dude's been training like a maniac

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Looks like an extremely poo poo Calippo, possibly with enough caffeine to make you actually poo poo

i had a look in a morrisons and sainsburys and found nothing. I was told this was in an Iceland if that is available to you

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
watching creator clash. that justa minx-yodeling haley fight was pretty good

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

barnold posted:

watching creator clash. that justa minx-yodeling haley fight was pretty good

Yeah. They fought way harder than I expected anyone on this card to

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yall let me know how eric goes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
erik got punched in the head a lot more than he punched the other guy and struggled to keep up. but he was a good sport about it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

barnold posted:

erik got punched in the head a lot more than he punched the other guy and struggled to keep up. but he was a good sport about it

Outstanding.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mr. F! posted:

Yeah. They fought way harder than I expected anyone on this card to

I feel like it's intrinsic to this new model of entertainment -- the influencers' earnings are much more closely tied to who follows them and who buys this event.
So I get training like hell to look good. In any case, it's like 10x more serious than the old days of celebrity boxing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

kimbo305 posted:

So I get training like hell to look good. In any case, it's like 10x more serious than the old days of celebrity boxing.

Uwe Boll did beat the tar out of Lowtax back in the day.

https://youtu.be/B3M_wGfYewo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Uwe Boll did beat the tar out of Lowtax back in the day.

https://youtu.be/B3M_wGfYewo

i'd forgotten about that, and boy is it different watching it today.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

kimbo305 posted:

I feel like it's intrinsic to this new model of entertainment -- the influencers' earnings are much more closely tied to who follows them and who buys this event.

It worked. Most of the people I follow on twitter that are into boxing were watching the creator clash over the other cards that were on while they waited for Charlie castano 2. Very entertaining card with knock outs in every(?) fight. If the events are all that good, keep em coming. These things are only good for boxing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Charlo is a very nice fighter to watch. Good boxing, hard shots, doesn’t clinch to keep a preferred range and instead fights at every distance. His style’s appeal is underrated.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jump King posted:

Charlo is a very nice fighter to watch. Good boxing, hard shots, doesn’t clinch to keep a preferred range and instead fights at every distance. His style’s appeal is underrated.

He should def be on the lb for lb list now and probably shoulda been before this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Every pound for pound is kind of deranged, let me pull my most recent one up

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If you haven’t got on the Boots Ennis bandwagon, you really should

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Over the weekend, 2015 amateur world champion and 2016 Olympic super-heavyweight gold medalist Tony Yoka was dropped and lost a clear decision to Martin Bakole. Not great for the division for Yoka to turn out more like Audley Harrison than Anthony Joshua.

With Daniel Dubois and Efe Ajagba taking Ls over the last couple of years, and Filip Hrgovic pulling out of the IBF eliminator last minute, the new heavyweight crop of prospects is becoming more and more underwhelming. At least there is still Jared Anderson.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 16, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

To be fair to Dubois, he landed some great shots on Joyce. But Joyce is a tank.

I hadn't realized Yoka was on this past weekend. That loss is a bit of a surprise but the one-sided nature of the fight is pretty shocking.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
More streamers taking up boxing!

https://twitter.com/Valkyrae/status/1526787668981317634?t=FNwLnjRpjMY0tuRgUIhrBA&s=19

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Floyd Mayweather is BACK! today but unfortunately he's not fighting 300 stories high on a helipad so I will not be watching.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Alen Babic is pretty poo poo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

6'1" is tiny for a HW in today's division.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The commentator on this Floyd fight said he has insider information that there's a 99% chance the Usyk vs Joshua rematch heads to Saudi Arabia for what that's worth.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wow Benavidez beat the poo poo out of Lemieux. Just crushed him.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1528748529128194052?s=20&t=F36noHi_PnviScAumjaqAA

Canelo is NOT taking the rematch

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1529130112834215937?t=BYqE7f2B3Ld2ZdGlVuRunA&s=19

Probably the right move for Canelo.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Just looked for some highlights from GGG x Murata.
Seent GGG huffing in the middle of round 2 and already conserving his punches.

He looks rough even as he takes over in the late rounds.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Should be a nice payday for GGG, but probably not a fun night for him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bivol isn't going anywhere if Canelo ever wants to try again. Both guys are 31, there's plenty of time for them to cross paths again, likely under better (more competitively interesting) circumstances. Meanwhile it's now or never for a Golovkin trilogy fight. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of seeing 40-year-old Golovkin get pummelled in a rubber match he'd have been favored in five years ago, but I'm still glad we're getting this match, if for no other reason than to see an under-appreciated phenomenon get one last big payday on his way out.

Styles make fights, we know GGG has one that gives Canelo trouble. Punching power is the last thing to go for any boxer, Golovkin's punching power is fight changing. His recent performances haven't been great but my suspicion is that he'll be a lot more motivated to get revenge on Canelo and will show up on fight night. Alvarez has improved as a fighter since their second fight but I also feel he's gotten a little too used to bulldozing his opposition and chasing prey around the ring. Maybe this is wishful thinking but I think the third fight will be a lot more competitive than people think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anthony Joshua chased a bunch of university kids to their flat and threatened to crack their glass jaws (:ironicat:?) because they suggested that he ducked Tyson Fury.

Imagine being a boxing champ, body like a greek god, 6'6 and getting upset at uni kids. Bit embarrassing mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/fightclub247/status/1529400230982172675?s=20&t=Sjl8DsOHDn_UampoBQff-A