Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Wilder was completely glassy eyed two rounds before his corner threw the towel. I guess it's good that they eventually did but the dude was clearly done long before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yea, it's been said a bunch in every broadcast I bet, but he was struggling to even move his feet correctly...just looked like a statue.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

fury vs joshua will be so big here. could sell wembley out twice

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
gently caress deontay wilder too tbh

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

MoaM posted:

Yea, it's been said a bunch in every broadcast I bet, but he was struggling to even move his feet correctly...just looked like a statue.

The leaning on the ropes was heartbreaking to watch, can’t believe my beautiful boy got done like that

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1231454325731295238

Look! Skip Bayless drunk and thinks Wilder got knocked down in Fury/Wilder One.

'MEMBA THE WINNING BOXER DOING THIS THING, THE LOSING BOXER COULD'VE DONE THAT?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Never seen skip talk boxing before. Glad to see he’s as dumb about it as he is about the other sports he talks about.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
To my uneducated drunk rear end Fury just crushed him and was relentless, two huge dudes it’s scary any punch could be the last I guess

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Absolutely worth the trip. What a fight

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1231454325731295238

Look! Skip Bayless drunk and thinks Wilder got knocked down in Fury/Wilder One.

'MEMBA THE WINNING BOXER DOING THIS THING, THE LOSING BOXER COULD'VE DONE THAT?

wut

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Skip is low-hanging fruit and I apologise.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah he's just in that category of pundits that are wrong to get attention on purpose.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Fury KO in 7 was a +4000

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

No, Skip was a total rear end in a top hat tonight. I mean, he always is, but he completely embarrassed himself tonight.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1231463011086262273?s=20

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1231463910382821376?s=20

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1231466471772975104?s=20

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Omg, he's vortex-ing...

For real, I thought he'd just put down his phone after that first one, lmfao.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the klitschko win was better imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I will literally never travel specifically for a significant fight because of how many suck in actuality but all love to the goons that travelled for this. Must've been amazing.

If gk / Joshua go at Wembley I'll go back for it. Not for the fight. For family. The terrible fight will be incidental.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was cheering for wilder so that part wasn’t great

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Extremely good fight. An incredible first fight to pick for my first one to see in person. All the obnoxious Brits chanting while marching out was the worst part of the night

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Great fight but was surprised how long it took Wilder's corner to throw in the towel.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Can't believe he's going on to the second verse

The real reason to watch a Fury fight.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Criticising these fighters physiques. :discourse:

Wilder should have been focussed more on his calf raises. :actually:

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

George Kansas posted:

Extremely good fight. An incredible first fight to pick for my first one to see in person. All the obnoxious Brits chanting while marching out was the worst part of the night

I was next to a Brit that ripped his shirt off when Fury came out.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Jascum posted:

I was next to a Brit that ripped his shirt off when Fury came out.

I was in the bathroom during walkouts and a bloke was yelling at me about what round I thought Fury would win by. We were pissing in the same trough and he was making solid eye contact while demanding my answer. Very on brand.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jippa posted:

Criticising these fighters physiques. :discourse:

Wilder should have been focussed more on his calf raises. :actually:

lol. Heavyweight boxers would probably be better at going 12 rounds if they look like a wrestler

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
for years I've wanted Fury to stop loving about and put something behind his punches and he's finally done it, great to watch

so ends Wilder's title reign, he's been a real overachiever (with the help of Sulaiman and the WBC). I would like to see him as a contender again, but he took a savage beating, and his age he might not be the same physically or psychologically.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I’m assuming Wilder took to the ropes because he lost his legs/equilibrium?

Fury is no doubt the most talented heavyweight, but to me the more exciting fighter is Wilder for sheer power. I was pulling for him because I wanted to see the belt unified and wonder if Fury is as ambitious. Hopefully he maintains a modicum or discipline and gets a fight against AJ before eating too many communion wafers.

Also, the ear lick was gratuitous and repulsive. Really, really disturbing

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 23, 2020

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Monday Bandele posted:

for years I've wanted Fury to stop loving about and put something behind his punches and he's finally done it, great to watch

so ends Wilder's title reign, he's been a real overachiever (with the help of Sulaiman and the WBC). I would like to see him as a contender again, but he took a savage beating, and his age he might not be the same physically or psychologically.

Before the eardrum exploded I was predicting an Ortiz 1 scenario, Wilder outboxed with the KO looming. There were a couple close shots that, had they landed (I realize being elusive is Fury’s thing), would’ve changed the complexion of the fight. Had that ear not exploded, I think Fury was starting to gas and a KO was coming in the 10th.

I wonder why Wilder put on weight? Seemed imprudent. How much did it affect his speed, power; balance, conditioning and mechanics? What was his camp thinking) He looked sloppier than I’ve ever seen him, which is probably a testament to Fury’s undeniable skill; still, I wonder what could’ve been. Hopefully Fury fights AJ and then we see a Fury Wilder 3.

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 23, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not sure if any of you boxing dudes caught any of yesterday's UFC too but as a whole we had two really really good headliners in the larger non-work Ringsports Sphere.

What has begun to impress me about Fury is the breadth of his game. He seems to be able to fight (or at least manage the fight) at a championship level at really any range, and he's really good at making the fight into the fight he needs it to be, which is loving weird.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Wilder will probably execute the rematch clause but he really should not.

Apparently Ninth Layer is the God of Gamblers

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Just here to say good on Fury actually showing he can fight coming forward from the start. That's a Steward training staple. Wilder was outclassed; I'm actually glad I paid for a fight card (it had been a long time).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Caught the fight this morning since I was way to tired to stay up

Man, that was such a beating from Fury. After that 2nd round Wilder looked so out of it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Wilder was forcing his right from the knockdown on. Shoulda been stopped way sooner. I think wilders done after this, hell rematch, but I don’t see him doing any better.

Ninth is an insane gambler and I can’t believe his luck this trip

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So apparently Wilder suffered from depression to. Two champs battling with their demons both literally and figuratively.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

whats for dinner posted:

I was in the bathroom during walkouts and a bloke was yelling at me about what round I thought Fury would win by. We were pissing in the same trough and he was making solid eye contact while demanding my answer. Very on brand.

In my section an entire row of brits started shouting some poo poo like “scouser” to another Brit because he was from the wrong side of Manchester and was supporting Wilder.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Good stoppage by Mark Breland. Wilder never recovered from the third round back of the head knockdown. His ear/equilibrium was ruined for the duration of the fight, and he clearly was concussed as well; reacting very slowly and clumsily from the third round on. Tyson Fury at 6'9 275 is an absolute tank of a fighter that will be very tough to beat. He's also the best pure boxer in the division, which is ludicrous for a man his size.

I will say that as one sided as this fight was, Wilder's head was ruined from technically a rabbit punch, and if he doesn't take that destabilizing shot, it could have been a much more interesting fight. The rematch still might be if it happens, although I think it would be best if it didn't happen next. This was a decisive win for Fury and it sets up a superfight with Anthony Joshua, which would probably be the biggest fight in British history. Ideally that is the fight that is made next, although Wilder's rematch clause and Joshua's imminent Kubrat Pulev mandatory make that very unlikely.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

rest his guts posted:

I wonder why Wilder put on weight? Seemed imprudent. How much did it affect his speed, power; balance, conditioning and mechanics? What was his camp thinking) He looked sloppier than I’ve ever seen him,
He looked fine in the first 2 rounds when he wasn't getting pushed back by Fury's advance.
In the quiet spots, he was still coming in with his 1-2 nicely like always. Once he got clubbed on the ear, differences in training camp were immaterial.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Only just got round to watching the full fight again. Those entrances were quite ridiculous honestly. How did they come across in the arena?

Also if you haven't heard tyson's dad before you should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHFYasUO2M

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pretty cool. Wilder’s witch king robot suit made him look like a supervillain and Fury looked hilarious on his giant throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Coworkers have asked me my thoughts about the fight unprompted...boxing's reaching water cooler chat visibility