Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
https://twitter.com/pugboxing/status/1232056392321654785?s=21

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9jEuHbB0GQ

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

All time great excuse

I choose to believe it because it’s very funny

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Wilder had to carry a giant weight to the ring, while Fury was carried on a chair.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love Wilder even more now. What a top notch excuse

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i can't stop laughing

'it wasn't the punches of the 275lb 7ft tall man that beat me, it was the costume i chose and wore.'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
'if they just put harriet tubman on the 20 i wouldn't have had to wear this thing' - a still extremely brain damaged deontay wilder who if he didn't say that from hospital needs to go back there immediately

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The entrance was nuts.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 25, 2020

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fury - while being openly serviced by the reigning mr. and mrs. olympia - being carried to the ring in a litter so extravagant that darius of persia's corpse starts spinning like a jet turbine followed by a cryogenically frozen deontay wilder being bundled into the ring and thawed out after 36 hours of highly oxygenated rest is about to force nsac to do something about these ring 'walks'

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

all time great excuse, put this in a museum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I went with the Dwyer bet recommendation and then on impulse made a guess as to the Fury round. At round 3 was when I really started thinking I had a chance at hitting that bet, the next nine minutes were extremely long lol but about as good as it could get for my bet. Wilder took just enough damage to look extremely fragile in round 7 and I think Fury would have stopped it there if Wilder's corner hadn't.

Might use the winnings to see whoever Pacquiao fights this year.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I went with the Dwyer bet recommendation and then on impulse made a guess as to the Fury round. At round 3 was when I really started thinking I had a chance at hitting that bet, the next nine minutes were extremely long lol but about as good as it could get for my bet. Wilder took just enough damage to look extremely fragile in round 7 and I think Fury would have stopped it there if Wilder's corner hadn't.

That's loving sick. Post this in the mma gambling thread jase would get a mad kick out of it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Literally no one wants to see this clown embarrass himself in the ring again. Just take your beating and retire so we can watch fury/AJ in front of 100k people at Wembley.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

RideTheSpiral posted:

Literally no one wants to see this clown embarrass himself in the ring again. Just take your beating and retire so we can watch fury/AJ in front of 100k people at Wembley.

I, for one, want to see a rematch.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Ninth Layer posted:

Might want to start with a new avatar

EDIT: Not a fan of the costume excuse but if Wilder can share in my hate of the Dirrell brothers than I might have to be team #bombzquad for the trilogy

https://twitter.com/boxingscene/status/1232100156914274304

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 25, 2020

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Ninth Layer posted:

Obligatory Sandler, “this is how I win.”

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Wilder's costume was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Normally tyson looks the most ridiculous but some how he didn't.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It was actually cool and worth losing the fight to wear imo

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jippa posted:

Wilder's costume was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Normally tyson looks the most ridiculous but some how he didn't.

Fury’s ring walk was amazing. I was laughing so hard in the arena. It was soooooo slow. I loved it.

Wilders I made the same joke loudly three times that he looked like a teenage mutant ninja turtles villain and no one laughed any of the times. It’s hard making hilarious jokes that go unloved sometimes

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jesus Christ. What a gambling beast.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
There are reports that Wilder is firing Mark Breland, the only guy in his corner who gives a poo poo about him or knows anything about boxing. Extremely dumb move.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Tyson Fury at 6'9 275 is an absolute tank of a fighter that will be very tough to beat. He's also the best pure boxer in the division, which is ludicrous for a man his size.

Yeah, I feel like he breaks the weight classes with his size. A fight against a 225 lb fighter is like man vs giant. Deontay is at least close but basically I think most people that tall and athletic will be scouted for basketball these days. If you took some of these nba power forward prospects and taught them to box maybe one of them could take him...

It's a self solving problem because they're not gonna find another goon like him for a long time.

How do think Fury would stack up against past hvy champions? There's a lot of great fighters but I wonder what some of them would be able to do to contend with fury's size and skill. Maybe study up on Dempsey's approach to the larger opponent?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I find David Haye annoying, but watching him hurt Valuev was instructional: Valuev was like ten inches taller and a hundred pounds heavier than Haye. Fury moves well for his size, but it’s easy to come up with theoretical match ups that would be tough for him.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Duke Pukem posted:

I, for one, want to see a rematch.

Seconded. Unfortunate that it comes at the expense of Fury/AJ, but Wilder deserves it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Torquemada posted:

I find David Haye annoying, but watching him hurt Valuev was instructional: Valuev was like ten inches taller and a hundred pounds heavier than Haye. Fury moves well for his size, but it’s easy to come up with theoretical match ups that would be tough for him.

valuev was a giant hulking slow rear end neanderthal. haye barely had to hold a guard that entire fight. if anyone tried this against fury they'll get jabbed to death

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I mean the one time Fury fought a much smaller but highly skilled opponent Steve Cunningham nearly put him out but since then, in the era of the super heavyweight, there really is no analogue for a smaller man who can get inside ala Tyson, Ali or Dempsey.

The only thing that even comes close of the current group I can think of is Usyk and who I fear would be in way over is head against anyone above the B (Joseph Parker, Kurbrat Pulev) tier.

Edit: in non Fury news, apparently we may soon have confirmation of Canelo vs Callum Smith on May 2nd. Matchroom have promised a "big announcement" tomorrow

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/1232511216225935360?s=19

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 27, 2020

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

rest his guts posted:

Seconded. Unfortunate that it comes at the expense of Fury/AJ, but Wilder deserves it

Fury in reality won both fights, Wilder lost about 17 of 19 rounds, and finished getting the life beat out of him. is there any doubt how a third fight would go, now Fury is fully fit?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I don't think anyone doubts how the trilogy fight would end, but can anyone else just confirm for me that it would be by far the best payday Wilder could get? He definitely came out of these fights more famous than he was before, but is there a compelling match up for him elsewhere? He has to cash in, right?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Stealth Tiger posted:

I don't think anyone doubts how the trilogy fight would end, but can anyone else just confirm for me that it would be by far the best payday Wilder could get? He definitely came out of these fights more famous than he was before, but is there a compelling match up for him elsewhere? He has to cash in, right?

Yeah it will undoubtedly be the biggest and most profitable fight he has for the rest of his career.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Am I dumb for being less impressed by Fury's dominance in the sport due to him being a literal giant at 6'9? He towers over basically everybody.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

punk rebel ecks posted:

Am I dumb for being less impressed by Fury's dominance in the sport due to him being a literal giant at 6'9? He towers over basically everybody.

yes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wilder is 6'7

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Dillian Whyte there, advertising why it's not good to take too many punches to the head. His speech is slurred and the way his mouth is sitting...he looks like a wreck already. Stop fighting, Dillian, holy poo poo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

A bit, but mostly I think you just need to see how other big fighters (Nikolai Valuev, Taishan Dong, Julius Long) have done. Fury isn't impressive just because of his height, but how effectively he's able to box and how quickly he's able to move while possessing an enormous frame.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The amount of tall fighters who are lanky, awkward and useless is pretty impressive tbh. Then one finally puts it together and people go 'oh he's just long and big, of course they can dominate'.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

punk rebel ecks posted:

Being 6'9" and 270lbs is only an advantage if you can move and box like Fury. The guy is as fast and mobile as a Light Heavyweight despite of being 100lbs heavier than one.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dog Pipes posted:

Dillian Whyte there, advertising why it's not good to take too many punches to the head. His speech is slurred and the way his mouth is sitting...he looks like a wreck already. Stop fighting, Dillian, holy poo poo.

that’s just a south London accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Lemme tell you the tale of a man that came down from the beanstalk named Stefan Struve.