Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i don't know enough about boxing to know if this is cool, and if so, how cool it indeed is

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1141060716176130048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so if Wilder wins decisively, do they just say gently caress it and do a fourth match?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

How common is this sort of thing?

oscar de la hoya being an idiot is a daily event

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Per the law of Khabib I thought Jake Paul had to beef with Artem Lobov before fighting Conor McGregor

artem vs. logan paul is gonna be the co-main!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is anyone going to pay money to watch ben askren box. im sure jake paul has a dedicated buying fanbase but good lord

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is it smarter to make 100x more money fighting Floyd Mayweather in a spectacle fight where you're likely getting knocked the gently caress out in a late and exciting fashion, or make comparative table scraps to take absolutely no damage from Ben Askren's 'boxing'. dang it's heckin close, I think

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jake Paul opened up -180 to Askren's +150. if I had anything to bet, it would all go on Jake Paul

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1399469421521932291

get paid, tyron. get paid and get wrecked.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I don't want to fill the thread with *too* much mma shitposting, but

sportsgenius86 posted:

I want Jake Paul-Robbie Lawler

why do you want to see robbie lawler die

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

EDIT: Basically there is no way to 'shame' Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn, De La Hoya, Tom Brown, etc. into not feeding bad information to reporter/videographers is what I'm trying to say whereas you could probably do the same to some NBA or NFL GM or head coach or whoever Schefter and Woj's "sources" are.

adam schefter posts bad information straight from agents' PR releases regularly and nothing ever happens, unfortunately

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

who's announcing this that just called tyson's wife paris hilton

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

well that was a cool finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JoylessJester posted:

not really sure what the attraction of a Fury-Joshua fight is now?

watching AJ get knocked unconscious after valiantly fighting his way off of the mat several times previously