Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maidana-Wilder should be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Fundora kid is gonna be nice when he fills out that frame

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Dirrell fight was entertaining but I didn’t think either looked very great. Also, after the Badou Jack cut, it’s hard to look at that stoppage as reasonable

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DAZN is making some pricing changes.

$99.99/year or $19.99/month

Current users are grandfathered into $9.99/month for another year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea you should’ve just called that bud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha holy gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vengarr posted:

I can see the standing count in the 3rd because it's a championship fight, but I dunno why he started counting when Crolla faceplanted. Guys don't normally get up from that.

If he was competent he would’ve stopped it on the ropes the first time. That flurry against the ropes was so obviously the end of the fight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Doheny-Roman fight loving owns

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Two 115-113’s lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

First thing I heard in my head was “OK, Jim!”

Rest In Peace, Harold

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brazeale should grab the mic and tell Deontay he's going to punch his spinal column right through his back

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy loving poo poo this is insane

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A.J. is shook as gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Eddie Hearn must be about ready to kill himself

He sure looks like it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Ruiz to unify all the belts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/gilbertagent0/status/1135025537586475009?s=21

:laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The whole thing felt like Joshua didn't want to fight Ruiz and the post-fight was basically an "I told you this would happen, Eddie" vibe.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

good for him. he brutally knocked out the consensus best heavyweight on a month's notice while working as a part time security guard and looking like a full time security guard. get paid.

Yea and he’s intelligent enough to realize a) they need a rematch to beat him very badly and b) they’ll want it on their terms, so he can be a dick about it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Just getting into regular boxing viewing. Why does it look like Rolls has way bigger gloves than GGG? Am I crazy?

I don’t know for sure but white gloves always look bigger to me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha Fury is loving amazing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my loving god this is amazing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

For all of the poo poo people give Days Inn and ESPN+ both services total out to 300 a year paying month to month. So far PBC has planned 6 Pay Per views (Pac/Broner, Pac/Thurman, Spence/Garcia, Spence/Porter, Garcia/Garcia, Wilder/Ortiz 2). That's over $400 for 6 fights all of which are broadcast main events during HBO's prime years

And if you did the annual plans, you’d be paying $150 for DAZN and ESPN+

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The time McGirt stopped it is probably the same time I would have tbh. He was getting beat handily but he was still firing back and it wasn't until the 11th that I felt like he was just in there going through the motions. He just looked overmatched the first 10 rounds, but he was still giving plenty. In the 11th he seemed to stop firing back much and what he was firing was not even remotely hard enough to do anything, so I can get where McGirt was coming from 100%.

And I agree with the above most that almost any other trainer would've just let him get wrecked for another three minutes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

I think it’s mostly that no one films sweatshop slaves dying of heatstroke or logs falling on lumberjacks and we don’t throw parties to watch it happen and cheer while it does

No, we just buy the tv we watch it on from there, or the laptop used to stream it and the roku or fire stick the laptop is streaming to or any number of other things in the room where the watch party is being held.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yarde gassed BAD

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

jesus christ. how bad did kovalev look against yarde?

If Yarde had gone to the body from the beginning, he probably would’ve stopped him.

Yarde waited until the middle rounds to go to the body and by then he basically had one round of gas left.

But Kovalev looked like he wanted to piss his pants from the first hard body shot he took until he realized Yarde could barely lift his own arms.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope that fight is like Bowe-Holyfield II but with a nuke instead of a parachute guy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

His corner is doing an atrocious job at trying to put across any urgency here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha that dumb fucker’s dirty rear end move is gonna cost him if the fight ends on that cut

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Not watching but I saw a pic of the cut, was it from a butt or something I guess?

Clean punch caused the cut but at the end of the last round after the bell, Wallin reached back and swiped across the cut to try to open it more.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 15, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Terrific fight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I’d leave this fight thinking pretty highly of Wallin if not for that swipe at the cut

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol does every Flint fighter surround themselves with total garbage people?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's a video from a nearby security camera floating around on twitter and based on the rate at which the car is rolling he had to be going EXTREMELY fast. It looks like a NASCAR crash.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Wilder looks like a white Power Rangers zord

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m predicting Joshua’s on skates all night, the fight totally sucks and Ruiz wins a close decision that Joshua and Eddie cry about.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

One of these guys looks comfortable boxing patiently and the other is Anthony Joshua.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ruiz needs to fight a little dirty. Joshua is a mental midget and a couple questionable shots would get in his head incredibly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

AJ clearly won that fight but it didn’t really change my opinion of him at all.