Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Maidana-Wilder should be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

This Fundora kid is gonna be nice when he fills out that frame

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The Dirrell fight was entertaining but I didn’t think either looked very great. Also, after the Badou Jack cut, it’s hard to look at that stoppage as reasonable

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

DAZN is making some pricing changes.

$99.99/year or $19.99/month

Current users are grandfathered into $9.99/month for another year.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yea you should’ve just called that bud

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Hahaha holy gently caress

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Vengarr posted:

I can see the standing count in the 3rd because it's a championship fight, but I dunno why he started counting when Crolla faceplanted. Guys don't normally get up from that.

If he was competent he would’ve stopped it on the ropes the first time. That flurry against the ropes was so obviously the end of the fight.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

This Doheny-Roman fight loving owns

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Two 115-113’s lol

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

First thing I heard in my head was “OK, Jim!”

Rest In Peace, Harold

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Brazeale should grab the mic and tell Deontay he's going to punch his spinal column right through his back

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Holy gently caress

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Holy loving poo poo this is insane

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

A.J. is shook as gently caress

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Eddie Hearn must be about ready to kill himself

He sure looks like it.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I want Ruiz to unify all the belts.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

https://twitter.com/gilbertagent0/status/1135025537586475009?s=21

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The whole thing felt like Joshua didn't want to fight Ruiz and the post-fight was basically an "I told you this would happen, Eddie" vibe.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Marching Powder posted:

good for him. he brutally knocked out the consensus best heavyweight on a month's notice while working as a part time security guard and looking like a full time security guard. get paid.

Yea and he’s intelligent enough to realize a) they need a rematch to beat him very badly and b) they’ll want it on their terms, so he can be a dick about it.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

TheKingslayer posted:

Just getting into regular boxing viewing. Why does it look like Rolls has way bigger gloves than GGG? Am I crazy?

I don’t know for sure but white gloves always look bigger to me.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Hahahahaha Fury is loving amazing

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Oh my loving god this is amazing

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The SituAsian posted:

For all of the poo poo people give Days Inn and ESPN+ both services total out to 300 a year paying month to month. So far PBC has planned 6 Pay Per views (Pac/Broner, Pac/Thurman, Spence/Garcia, Spence/Porter, Garcia/Garcia, Wilder/Ortiz 2). That's over $400 for 6 fights all of which are broadcast main events during HBO's prime years

And if you did the annual plans, you’d be paying $150 for DAZN and ESPN+

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

The time McGirt stopped it is probably the same time I would have tbh. He was getting beat handily but he was still firing back and it wasn't until the 11th that I felt like he was just in there going through the motions. He just looked overmatched the first 10 rounds, but he was still giving plenty. In the 11th he seemed to stop firing back much and what he was firing was not even remotely hard enough to do anything, so I can get where McGirt was coming from 100%.

And I agree with the above most that almost any other trainer would've just let him get wrecked for another three minutes.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

DeimosRising posted:

I think it’s mostly that no one films sweatshop slaves dying of heatstroke or logs falling on lumberjacks and we don’t throw parties to watch it happen and cheer while it does

No, we just buy the tv we watch it on from there, or the laptop used to stream it and the roku or fire stick the laptop is streaming to or any number of other things in the room where the watch party is being held.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yarde gassed BAD

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Marching Powder posted:

jesus christ. how bad did kovalev look against yarde?

If Yarde had gone to the body from the beginning, he probably would’ve stopped him.

Yarde waited until the middle rounds to go to the body and by then he basically had one round of gas left.

But Kovalev looked like he wanted to piss his pants from the first hard body shot he took until he realized Yarde could barely lift his own arms.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I hope that fight is like Bowe-Holyfield II but with a nuke instead of a parachute guy

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

His corner is doing an atrocious job at trying to put across any urgency here

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Hahaha that dumb fucker’s dirty rear end move is gonna cost him if the fight ends on that cut

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Grittybeard posted:

Not watching but I saw a pic of the cut, was it from a butt or something I guess?

Clean punch caused the cut but at the end of the last round after the bell, Wallin reached back and swiped across the cut to try to open it more.

sportsgenius86 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 15, 2019

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Terrific fight.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Yea I’d leave this fight thinking pretty highly of Wallin if not for that swipe at the cut

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Lol does every Flint fighter surround themselves with total garbage people?

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

There's a video from a nearby security camera floating around on twitter and based on the rate at which the car is rolling he had to be going EXTREMELY fast. It looks like a NASCAR crash.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Lol Wilder looks like a white Power Rangers zord

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I’m predicting Joshua’s on skates all night, the fight totally sucks and Ruiz wins a close decision that Joshua and Eddie cry about.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

One of these guys looks comfortable boxing patiently and the other is Anthony Joshua.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Ruiz needs to fight a little dirty. Joshua is a mental midget and a couple questionable shots would get in his head incredibly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

AJ clearly won that fight but it didn’t really change my opinion of him at all.