Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

AJ fought smart but he was in a huge ring against a fat guy way shorter than him. There’s not much about that that’s indicative of how he could fight against the other top guys besides that he’s shown he can be patient for an entire fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DAZN is more than worth it for Boxing and Bellator. The Boxing isn't always good or majorly consequential but there's so much of it that you'll usually have something to watch if you have a lazy weekend at home or something.

It also has Darts, which owns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HOLY gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Jacobs-JCC card is mismatch city

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That sure was a Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. experience

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is a complete shitshow holy hell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That women’s fight was entertaining as hell but some of the shittiest boxing I’ve ever seen

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Do Antonio Brown vs. Adrian Broner and then blow up the ring

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I went to high school with Jerry Forrest and a girl that we were classmates with got shot by her husband today (also our classmate) and he's on the girl's Facebook doing the "both sides" thing to everyone who is rightfully upset with the husband.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Why would they boo him in Vegas of all places

Have you ever seen him?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It would probably be quicker if they actually had people carry it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Wilder to run out like Ultimate Warrior and then knock him out in the first round.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks like Groot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fury needs longer trunks. He looks ridiculous

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Foehammer007 posted:

why the point?

Bayless has to ask like 12 times for Fury to separate every time he steps in

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BrotherJayne posted:

Wonder which punch did his eardrum, that looks wicked

The first knockdown

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MoaM posted:

Good call by that corner.

They waited way too long.

He’s a mediocre technical boxer with ungodly power that he really couldn’t use because he couldn’t throw a hard punch without falling over. That should’ve been stopped after the second knockdown when he spent the entire last minute leaning against the rope because he couldn’t stand otherwise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

For whatever it’s worth I don’t think they actually threw it. I think the corner waved the towel at bayless, which is why there’s confusion.

E: nm it landed on the white letters

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 23, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah he seemed all there in the eyes (but gently caress what do I know from the camera) but the balance just wasn't there for him.

In retrospect, you can tell in the first knockdown that Wilder seems confused initially about why a punch that didn’t connect so hard had him feeling so hosed up!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Foehammer007 posted:

They for sure going to have a 3rd fight haha

Contract had an auto rematch clause so long as there wasn’t a draw, IIRC

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My, my, this here Anakin guy,
May be Vader someday later
Now he’s just a small fry

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vargas has some of the gnarliest bacne

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ESPN decided not to renew Dan Rafael’s contract

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Denis Lebedev

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have zero desire to ever see Canelo-Masvidal or Canelo-Khabib but either of those would absolutely draw more than Callum Smith or BJS.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s the only fight you could make for either of them where I wouldn’t know who to cheer for

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

loving lol that Chavez Jr. lost his comeback in that godforsaken Chavez Jr. - Jorge Are exhibition card that (I assume) Sportsgenius posted about too

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1309699115375357952?s=19

You are correct in that assumption. I was referring to the ending you posted there.

The main was hilariously lovely though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Josh Taylor with a brutal liver shot in the first round

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

Easter European.

Technically correct in that it took him like three days to rise from the dead

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Berlanga is loving insane

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha 119-109 is loving horrendous

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Quizzlefish posted:

Has Deontay lost his mind?

Was he ever not insane?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol it’s clearly from a jab. The entire Byrd family is useless

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hrollins posted:

That was almost the worst I’ve seen from Robert Byrd.

Oh wait, it’s not. Robert Byrd has no business being anywhere near a boxing ring.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bb1nc

Mairis Briedis vs Krzysztof Glowacki Full Fight June 15, 2019 - Please note this is a World Boxing Super Series high profile fight. Holy poo poo.

I’m sure most everyone in this thread has seen this, but even if there’s one new person, worth it.

I remember watching this live on DAZN and my wife thinking something was wrong because I was screaming incredulously

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone with the last name Byrd, related or not, should be barred from reffing or judging fights, just to be safe.

Literally the only good thing I can say about Robert Byrd is that he’s not the most incompetent person in his family.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Make Roman fight with those giant cartoon carnival gloves

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I’m not paying for it but I pray Nate Robinson causes irreparable damage to Jake Paul

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Between the first season of Dana White’s Contender Series and this night, every fight card needs a snoop commentary option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A draw lol even worthless boxing cards are judged like poo poo