Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahaha that dumb fucker’s dirty rear end move is gonna cost him if the fight ends on that cut

Not watching but I saw a pic of the cut, was it from a butt or something I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah gotcha, thanks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I appreciate Conlan for making this fun instead of winning easily.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a knockdown.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It apparently pissed Bud off, which is a good thing as far as just watching a fight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The SituAsian posted:

The supposed pound for pound number 1 fighter getting rocked by and being reduced to coinflip exchanges with a top 15-20 welterweight gives me a serious case of "Peloton Lady" face

Terrible fight plan out of Crawford but I like that I got to watch an entertaining fight when I wasn't expecting to.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Idly watching this PBC fox card and catching up on the thread and y'all really spent two pages arguing about Logan Paul and Antonio Brown?

Anyway the fights haven't been particularly good, but someone almost Andrew Golota'd themselves out of an easy win in the first one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Anyway the fights haven't been particularly good

They got good, holy poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Most of this thread has already seen these fights I'm sure but there are worse ways to spend a Saturday even if you know what happens:

https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/1250914445074657280

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looked up Larry Holmes on boxrec watching this Tyson thing and he fought Butterbean in 2002? Which is sad for multiple reasons for Larry, I mean you shouldn't have to take a joke fight at 52 if you were once heavyweight champion of the world.

But the fight was 10 rounds? Esch never fought more than four in my mind, for obvious reasons.

I also discovered Butterbean is still alive, which surprises me given everything about that man.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Got a request I saw someone post in one of these threads a few years back.

There's a fight that I think (?) was Marco Antonio Barrera early in his career where the guy he's facing just completely gives up on guarding his head. Like he's happy to keep getting tagged in the face just so Barrera wouldn't do that left hook to the body anymore.

Not a great fight or anything, just an interesting thing where the guy was like "ok, just please hit my face now."

As I remember it this went on for a couple/three rounds before they finally stopped it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 7, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CRISPYBABY posted:

I'm a pretty casual boxing fan, but looks like Hollyfield/Rahman was pretty notable.

:lol: imagine having that thing growing out of your head and walking out knowing you were going to get butted several times the next round given everything Holyfield.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jermaine Taylor in that graphic made me smirk, then I remembered Jermaine Taylor.

What happened with the whole shooting his cousin thing?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ccubed posted:

I like this instant replay rule. That was a knockdown and now scored as such.

They got that right for sure, but I see this going horribly wrong pretty soon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is a fantastic fight so far

I'm so far out of boxing things at this point I'm only vaguely aware that these guys are good but this is a real good fight so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haney gets literally behind Kambosos a whole lot. Like if he were allowed to punch the back of the guy's head this would be even worse than it already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can we just go ahead and skip the contractually mandated rematch?

I think I saw all I needed to see here.