Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Marching Powder posted:

basically just doing what fedor did but instead of being in his prime he's in the twilight years of his career. this is boxing's fedor / brett rogers.

gently caress, man, let's hope not :stonklol: I mean, considering the full context of both fighters' lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Julio Cruz posted:

he's a misogynist and a homophobe

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Dejan Bimble posted:

What's that line, the points are arbitrary and the rules don't matter?

Who's Line? :v:

"The rules are made up and the points don't matter."

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Khan's making noises about making Saudi Arabia into the new Vegas or Atlantic City. Like, a proper fight destination.

Sure.

Okay.

Have fun with that.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I watch racing, which is unsafe enough that it's basically inevitable that someone will die regularly, but rationalizing it doesn't make it any easier.

I hope his family has plenty of support. loving gutting to read about.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
The only sport I can think of offhand that has a more regular amount of fatalities than boxing is motorcycle road racing, and specifically road courses vs closed circuits with run-off areas. There's at least one fatality per running of the Isle of Man TT, and I think the first year I started really following MotoGP, there were deaths at the NatWest 200 and Macau as well. Never mind that even at the premiere class levels, I can recall at least 3 deaths off the top of my head just since I started watching. Open wheel car racing is slightly safer, but F1 and the feeder classes have claimed several lives due to head trauma since 1994, and Indycar has seen multiple fatalities in the same span.

And that's not counting spine injuries and amputations. Robert Wickens and Alex Zanardi are both competing even after horror crashes, and they're the lucky ones.

But even with racing, it's not a steady decline into sponge brain, because the point of the sport is not repeated sub-to-fully-concussive blows to the brain and internal organs.

I'm not trying to cast judgement. I'm just sharing what I know of another sport where I've had to come to terms with waking up in the middle of the night and wondering why I bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Marching Powder posted:

ugh. kovalev can gently caress off.