Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Patrick Day has died.

Rest in peace.

That’s like the third boxer in a couple months I watched fight their last fight, never to be seen again. I think I need break from the exploitation that is boxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Post-Mayweather Canelo has been my favorite boxer the last couple years. I didn’t care for him much before that, but seeing him grow after that fight has been cool as hell. I hope he retires Kovalev.

Ca-nel-o!

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday Bandele posted:

The continued success of $75 PPVs is the biggest mystery of boxing to me.

How many people even have 5 friends into boxing enough to chip in and split the cost? These aren't megafights either.

If Fathom events is showing the PPV, a friend and I always get tickets. It’s usually $20 per person and fun as hell.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joshua made Ruiz look like a fool.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn’t the ban drinking at darts events? I’m glad their health will be preserved, but half the fun of darts is the rowdy crowd and watching people neck pints before throwing bullseyes.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday Bandele posted:

How long are ESPN and Top Rank going to keep lining up these soft touches for Crawford and telling us he's p4p number 1? This guy was coming off a draw to a gatekeeper.

Wasn’t this a mandatory WBO title defense?

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
This Martinez v Rosales fight is out of this world. Turn this on now.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good stoppage. That was bad for a long time. Martinez is amazing, first time I’ve watched a fighter that has EVERYTHING I like to see in a fighter. Well, he fights a little flat-footed, but that doesn’t stop him from jumping in and switching stances in between punches. His body punches and combos are FIERCE.

As the Sergio said, “it’s a barrage.”

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bit of an early stoppage imo. To me it looked like he was defending himself and slipping punches on the ropes.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thinking about grabbing tickets to this. Haven’t travelled to a fight ever, unless I can drive there. Maybe some of y’all have experience going to fights in Vegas? Could I do it on a budget by staying in Old Vegas? I don’t drink or gamble, just wanna see the fight and have a decent meal.

I get the feeling the tickets are going to be out of my price range because they haven’t even listed them yet.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got a $200 ticket. I’m going and I’m so hyped!

Edit: if you’re still looking for tickets, it seems like the $150 and $200 tickets sold out almost instantly and the next step up more than doubles to $500 per person.

Jascum fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 28, 2019

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone see those two lanky giants just fight on DAZN?

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is everyone talking about Adrien Broner for page after page?

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

George Kansas posted:

Extremely good fight. An incredible first fight to pick for my first one to see in person. All the obnoxious Brits chanting while marching out was the worst part of the night

I was next to a Brit that ripped his shirt off when Fury came out.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Ninth Layer posted:

I went with the Dwyer bet recommendation and then on impulse made a guess as to the Fury round. At round 3 was when I really started thinking I had a chance at hitting that bet, the next nine minutes were extremely long lol but about as good as it could get for my bet. Wilder took just enough damage to look extremely fragile in round 7 and I think Fury would have stopped it there if Wilder's corner hadn't.

Might use the winnings to see whoever Pacquiao fights this year.

Obligatory Sandler, “this is how I win.”

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
This DAZN card has been out of this world with amazing fights. Eddie Hearn sure is putting on some shows in 2020.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chocolatito looked great. So happy he did well. Loved his mouthpiece, FSLN!!!

Edit: What a year to be a boxing fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Glad Vargas got to stick it out after seeing those jelly legs. Mikey and Choco are faves of mine. Feels great seeing them both come back and win big tonight.