Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Good OP but whats this revisionism about ESPN only just now getting into the fight game. Friday Night Fights was a thing for many many years and a great one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Maidana put on his first big boxing card as a promoter a month ago in Argentina on TyC Sports, he looked like a coked out fatass all night, no way he ever returns to anything like he used to.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I will die on the hill that Tyson Fury is a loving joke of a fighter and that the first fight sucked huge rear end but boxing fans should be indignant as hell that these fighter/promoter/tv channel combo deals are absolutely killing all the matchups that the sports needs to be made.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
No one cares what the WBC says, the only thing that I think doesn't scuttle it is the fact that it's the biggest payday available to all parties involved.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Fury sucks, why did any you fools ever like him.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Anybody here scored it for ugas? Unfortunately I had to pay half attention during some of the middle rounds so I don't feel confident making a judgement one way or another but it was definitely close and in a lot of the rounds the judges would have been faced with the classic dilemma of one guy (Porter) being more active and aggressive but the other (ugas) landing the fewer but more effective shots. This was true especially in the later rounds. Good fight.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
There's this thing called Rabbit.tv that lets you share video streams and chat, im not familiar with the discord sharing feature you're talking about.

Also I will almost certainly have a very reliable stream on fight night and I could do the same if im home that night (and i definitely am planning on being).

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
If Wilder doesn't take 100 million for being a medicore boxer at best dude is crazy.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
It's actually easy to understand this move and not surprising at all if you guide yourself by this very correct foundational principal: Tyson Fury is a garbage tier fighter in a division that's almost entirely full of other garbage tier fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
that was a drat war, both those guys must be hurting today.