Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Now instead of my inner monologue in my head I'm using my speaking voice to dictate my home much like hey Cmdr. Commander Cmdr. in are a furious arm of something a penis what hey

I------------------

idk I told my laptop to gently caress itself and it stopped working =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Siri transcription continues to impress me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Your Dictation software is a piece of poo poo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
i implemented a speech-to-text video autocaptioning system using kaldi and one of the better training datasets it comes with has a dictionary of more racial slurs than you could ever imagine.

it has like 80 variations of the n-word and various combos using it.

the customer was tasked of deciding what words were appropriate and which ones weren't.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

raccoon natural speedking

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bloody posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Silver Alicorn posted:

Your own soft Dict ia is a trea piece of poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Beat up Martin.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Bloody posted:

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

President Beep posted:

Eat up Martha.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

i have never used text to speech software because as a french canadian I know neither english nor french speech recognition would work well

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MononcQc posted:

i have never used text to speech software because as a french canadian I know neither english nor french

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Bloody posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

a long time ago my dad got some kind of primitive voice software that you had to isolate individual words for... it was garbage and took longer than normal typing

• Locked thread