Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Qylvaran posted:

Checking in! I'm a little past the first ending, and things are opening up. I've cleared the auction house story (still Rank to grind), IDA school through part 2 (and got owned by the final fight for Jade 5*, to the point where I'm pretty sure that one's going to have to wait), and Two Knights, so I'm clear to start the next main plot chapter. I'm also about midway through the cat spaceship.

Roster (Gacha only):
5*: AS Foran, Dewey (Manifest at about level 5), Laclair (same), Renri
4.5*: Tiramisu, Ciel, Hardy, Mariel, Miyu, Lokido, Shannon, Tsubame, Yipha
Misc: Bivette 4*, Ruina 4*, Nikeh 3*

P5: Joker, Morgana, Violet
Encounter: Gariyu 3*, Azami 4*
...and the side story characters you'd expect from the stories I've beaten.

My best team right now is basically the same as before with Laclair replacing Ciel. I could also make something of Fire or Blunt, but most of those teams are stuck at 4* and upgrading is very grindy in this game. Current priorities for upgrade are Tiramisu, Hardy, and Mariel. Plus of course Jade if I can get together a Minimum Viable Party for that boss fight.

I went ahead and bought the choose-your-own 5* pull. Any recommendations? AS Yuna or the Earth zone setter both look tempting.
Foran, Dewey, and Laclair are all water type, so I would choose AS Yuna for water zone and really lean into that. Tiramisu is very useful on her own even without earth zone. I'm sure she'd benefit from it, but I don't really like Lokido or Ciel as key parts of that team. Another possibility, how about AS Veina for wind zone and healing? She's my only zone character so far and she's been great, but I also have several strong wind characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I just don't think I have the rest of a good Wind team, even if I get the zone setter. I've got a month to decide, but I think Yuna will be my best bet unless someone has a convincing argument for someone else.

EDIT: What about AS Anabel? Seems complicated to use effectively, but another potential water zone setter. Kind of working at cross purposes with Foran during AF though, come to think of it. On the other hand, rainbows and unicorns.

Qylvaran fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 3, 2020

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Well, I had enough stones for another 10-pull, so I went ahead and pulled on the Mistrare/Suzette banner since they're both piercing and Suzette (AS or not) would be fantastic on my Pierce Zone team. Got neither, but I got Cynthia at 5* instead. She'll be a great addition to both my Fire team and the Water team I just added AS Yuna to. That one-turn crit damage buff is going to result in some crazy damage in AF with Manifest Dewey and Foran's crit buffs up.

All that won't matter starting tomorrow, though, since it's time to grind out Episode points for Chant Scripts. I need 10 for Team Stabbers (Tiramisu and Jade), 15 more for Team Burnination (Besides Jade: Hardy, Gariyu, and Renri AS), and 20 for Team Blunt Trauma (Yipha, Lokido (or maybe Cerrine?), Tsubame, Mariel). That's way more than I'm likely to get soon, so it's a good thing I have a good "fully evolved" team I can focus on leveling up and kitting out.

Does anyone else in this thread have a "project team" you're working on, or is everything you're interested in using already 5*/Manifested/Grasta'd/&c.?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Qylvaran posted:

Does anyone else in this thread have a "project team" you're working on, or is everything you're interested in using already 5*/Manifested/Grasta'd/&c.?

For reference, I just finished Ogre Wars pt 2 (CH44). I'm currently working through all the character quests right now because I just remembered that most of my best skills are locked behind them. So many character quests to do. Then I'll be getting the manifests for everyone who has one available if only to boost the number of high dmg weapons I have available. I still have yet to beat a 2nd manifest fight though, so that's a project I am working towards. I think that'll have to wait, though, until I finally get some grastas from garulea (once I make it that far in the story).

It feels like at my current level of progress there are so many interlocking pieces that it is hard to figure out where to start. In order to do some manifest fights, people recommend other units with finished manifests, in order to do those, you need to promote some units, in order to do that you need more tomes/chants. Once I start breaking through some of the manifests, I suspect my power level will spike and everything else will start falling into place.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Manifest weapons also reduce the Mana costs of skills on the last board which helps for running dungeons.

Since I've built up quite a large CS hoard due to the new ads, I did some pulls and got Dunarith off the healing banner and AS Elga off the Thillelle banner so I don't want to push my luck and won't pull for a little while at least.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

For reference, I just finished Ogre Wars pt 2 (CH44).

I just found out I need to get there or close to it to qualify for Yuna's AS quest, so I guess I'm back to plowing through main story.

Fezz posted:

Since I've built up quite a large CS hoard due to the new ads, I did some pulls and got Dunarith off the healing banner and AS Elga off the Thillelle banner so I don't want to push my luck and won't pull for a little while at least.

I started to save up at one point, but stones are for spending. I figure I'll do 10-pulls on Mistrare/Suzette as the stones come in and until I get one or the other, and save for the next win/win banner after.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There is an attack zone banner coming up that would be a good time to pull.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

That seems to be what everyone's waiting for on Reddit, but I've already got Foran and Yipha. I'd rather pull for something that would boost an existing team than start up a Slash or Magic one at this point.

Picked up Wizard and Flame Lord Tomes today, so Gariyu is only waiting on the Chant Scripts to get to 5*! I wonder if my Fire Zone team will be enough for taking down the boss to unlock Jade's 5* after I get some levels into them and promote Bivette. The -50% Wind damage would be working in my favor, since that's the attack that wiped my Pierce team on the first round.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Is there a good bluestacks setup to use a controller with this, at least for moving around? The best I've found so far is setting the dpad as freelook, but even then it seems to stop every few seconds and restart, and it doesn't work with up and down.

Also is thilellelelelle or Miyu the one in my party that keeps yelling IIIIIIIM CUMMMMMMMMING because wtf

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a good bluestacks setup to use a controller with this, at least for moving around? The best I've found so far is setting the dpad as freelook, but even then it seems to stop every few seconds and restart, and it doesn't work with up and down.

Also is thilellelelelle or Miyu the one in my party that keeps yelling IIIIIIIM CUMMMMMMMMING because wtf

It's Miyu and I have to imagine that after the voice line was recorded someone thought "ok this is so absurd we're just keeping it as-is."

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Qylvaran posted:

That seems to be what everyone's waiting for on Reddit, but I've already got Foran and Yipha. I'd rather pull for something that would boost an existing team than start up a Slash or Magic one at this point.

Picked up Wizard and Flame Lord Tomes today, so Gariyu is only waiting on the Chant Scripts to get to 5*! I wonder if my Fire Zone team will be enough for taking down the boss to unlock Jade's 5* after I get some levels into them and promote Bivette. The -50% Wind damage would be working in my favor, since that's the attack that wiped my Pierce team on the first round.

Once you get Gariyu 5*, you get his AS unlocked for free (through a quest & battles), and his AS sets the fire zone and has more powerful moves.

If you're getting wiped out round 1 try stacking int or power debuffs and resistance buffs as much as you can. I did that for a grasta fight and managed to get it down to zero damage after an absolute ton of debuffs.

I think the first AS that I beat the final fight against was Mariel, which was actually fairly easy once you predict her damage spells and block them. She resurrects like 4 or 5 times though so you can't just AF your way through it. Followed by a few wind types utilising the fire zone. It took me a decent time, and some strong debuffs and strategy, to beat Diedre and Felmina.

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 5, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I have voice and BGM turned off so I don't get all the fun voices.

I did however use my last 2k stones because why not. Got AS Yuna (yay for element zone) and Mistrare. Otherwise knights, sisters and robots. And Pom of course.

I need to finish IDA3 and the two episodes with boosted rewards and goddes of time part one so I can find out what the big deal with the Garulea dungeon is.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I did finish the Riica 5* questline(thanks Yipha). Now I'll work on the Cyrus one and the AS Gariyu one.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I just pulled a 5* Mistrare, so I guess that means I'm done spending stones for a bit. She seems to be more tuned for a wind team, but I'm happy to add her to team Stabbers.

AS Foran remains undisputed MVP of both my pierce team and my water team. AOE, healing, speed, DPS, and free crits for the whole party. Her only real issues are that she takes a few turns to set up her big damage, and she burns through her MP with a quickness.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Once you get further into the main story there are ways around that. The Toto's Dreamland lance I think has mp cost reduction(I currently have it on Tiramisu), plus you can get grasta that reduce mp cost and/or increase mp recharge in reserves once you get into the garulea content.

Does anyone have AS Ciel? Is it worth getting? I've just spent the chants on AS Foran and am trying up AS Ciel next. However I've already got a decent earth team, including manifest Diedre, manifest Cerrine, and AS Myrus (who I had for ages without her last ability unlocked, and she was great. With it, she does even more insane amounts of damage)

So I might 5* either Dunarith- for air/support or Zeviro, for water. I have a fair amount of support already, and next to no water (the only decent ones are AS Shanie and AS Foran) so I'm thinking Zeviro. I've got enough times to do either of these two once I get one more chant script which will come easily through the current episodes point promotion.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I hit a big stopper on the Ember Dragon Egg, any suggestions? Do I need to finish IDA3 to get Mana? Will Erina work instead? Should I be able to do it with Amy, Joker and Morgana? Are there any other guaranteed critical hit characters I'm missing?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Lobsterpillar posted:

Does anyone have AS Ciel? Is it worth getting? I've just spent the chants on AS Foran and am trying up AS Ciel next. However I've already got a decent earth team, including manifest Diedre, manifest Cerrine, and AS Myrus (who I had for ages without her last ability unlocked, and she was great. With it, she does even more insane amounts of damage)

I have Ciel AS and he's great. Ideal in a pierce comp with Foran AS. He's also one of the best earth units. He'd definitely replace Cerrine for you (if you have Myunfa, if not he's the perfect 4th unit).

Lobsterpillar posted:

So I might 5* either Dunarith- for air/support or Zeviro, for water. I have a fair amount of support already, and next to no water (the only decent ones are AS Shanie and AS Foran) so I'm thinking Zeviro. I've got enough times to do either of these two once I get one more chant script which will come easily through the current episodes point promotion.

Zeviro is just OK. Dunarith is quite good although a bit outclassed these days. I might consider just holding onto my chants for the time being if those are your main options.

Fezz posted:

I hit a big stopper on the Ember Dragon Egg, any suggestions? Do I need to finish IDA3 to get Mana? Will Erina work instead? Should I be able to do it with Amy, Joker and Morgana? Are there any other guaranteed critical hit characters I'm missing?

I'd need to know a bit more about the units you have. I did it with a pierce team.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 12, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

CompeAnansi posted:

I'd need to know a bit more about the units you have. I did it with a pierce team.

Here's my team. The bottom row is 4.5*s. I'm in the middle of IDA3, the cat quests, the alternate timeline episode, and the 2 Persona quest. So I could get those units if I put some grinding into it.

Edit: Finally figured out how to embed the pic. Stupid imgur

Fezz fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 13, 2020

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

Here's my team. The bottom row is 4.5*s. I'm in the middle of IDA3, the cat quests, the alternate timeline episode, and the 2 Persona quest. So I could get those units if I put some grinding into it.

I'd try using a blunt zone team. Yipha gives guaranteed crit. You can pair her with Cerrine, Felmina, Dewey. Lokido could fit in place of Dewey since he seems to be 4.5.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Oops. Quote is not edit. Shameful.

Do you think Amy would work in the blunt team? Especially since Yipha has a wind debuff?

Editx2: Huh. It worked first time. Wonder why it didn't last time I tried it. :iiam:

Maybe finishing Yipha's second quest and getting the valor chant lvl 2 did something?

Fezz fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 12, 2020

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

Oops. Quote is not edit. Shameful.

Do you think Amy would work in the blunt team? Especially since Yipha has a wind debuff?

I guess. I don't think Amy is all that good myself.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

CompeAnansi posted:

I guess. I don't think Amy is all that good myself.

She has a guaranteed crit, plus her power boost skill, she can hit hard. It didn't matter because she got sent to the back row and Yipha, Corrine and Felmina took care of the egg with the full AF bar.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
So having recently finished the first main story and started reached 60 on a few characters, what sort of general power level is recommended for taking on Manifest Weapons anyway? Since as is these seem a lot trickier than even the first game boss was, and the 1-2 I've tried have effectively had some mechanic that've made them overly awkward (like Mariel's fight just healing up past what damage I can do). Is this a general "Get better equipment" thing, or are they usually more about building a team specifically to counter whatever that character's gimmick is? (or both)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

She has a guaranteed crit, plus her power boost skill, she can hit hard. It didn't matter because she got sent to the back row and Yipha, Corrine and Felmina took care of the egg with the full AF bar.

Glad you were able to beat it with that comp. That blunt team is probably your strongest team right now.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Arc Impulse posted:

So having recently finished the first main story and started reached 60 on a few characters, what sort of general power level is recommended for taking on Manifest Weapons anyway? Since as is these seem a lot trickier than even the first game boss was, and the 1-2 I've tried have effectively had some mechanic that've made them overly awkward (like Mariel's fight just healing up past what damage I can do). Is this a general "Get better equipment" thing, or are they usually more about building a team specifically to counter whatever that character's gimmick is? (or both)

It doesn't cost you anything to try a battle, so give it a shot and see how you go. I think you'll probably find you need a team around level 70-80 though for most unless you've got a big type advantage.
Honestly if you've got Mariel her first fight will probably be easiest. Bring lots of intelligence debuffs and time your big attacks for the one round where her shield wears off (which is the round she casts pure cradle).

The bigger challenge is the fight once you get the weapon to level 10. For that you certainly will need a tailored team of level 80 characters.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I gotta say, the twist in this game game is real good and also real stupid. It’s funny because immediately after it happened I’m like oh of course. I like it because I feel like if I was smarter I could have seen it coming

But I didn’t see it coming because I’m dumb and the twist is extra dumb

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 13, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Well, I finished the Cyrus 5* fights and since I was on such a roll with the Ember egg; I went ahead and fought the last two fights. Yipha really helped out against the last one, her and AS Mariel were the MVPs. And I won with two characters alive and very little Mana left.

Now I can concentrate on finishing the Tower rewards and the last few chapters of Goddess of Time Part 1.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
New collab out now with the Tales series of games. Four free characters via playing through the storyline. One is a free Slash Zone, which is a pretty big deal. They all seem really good. Like the Persona collab, the collab will be available permanently, but there is currently a bonus 1000 gems available if you start the collab (literally just click through the prologue) within the next couple weeks. Also, there is a one-time banner using FREE gems that guarantees a 4.5*-5* unit on the last door. This is the best free banner so far and I highly recommend you use your free gems from starting the collab on this banner.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

This is the best free banner so far and I highly recommend you use your free gems from starting the collab on this banner.

Might not be if you already have a lot of 4.5* waiting in line, since it doesn't increase the probability of any 5*. Anyways, I got 4.5 Elga. Might be good with the slash zone team I'll be able to make with Cless.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Qylvaran posted:

Might not be if you already have a lot of 4.5* waiting in line, since it doesn't increase the probability of any 5*. Anyways, I got 4.5 Elga. Might be good with the slash zone team I'll be able to make with Cless.

I mean.... given that the alternative is to use your free stones on a banner with absolutely no guarantee, I cannot see how a banner with a guarantee would be worse.

Elga is great, especially with her manifest. One of the best units in a slash comp. Sadly you need to 5* her, though, to get her manifest.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Haven't played this for months and I think my story progress stopped as soon as I could do the Persona collab fully, how far in do you need to go for the Tales collab?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Haven't played this for months and I think my story progress stopped as soon as I could do the Persona collab fully, how far in do you need to go for the Tales collab?

I'm in the same boat, It seems I have lost my data (even though I'm like 100% sure I played it on this google account...), how fast could I be able to do the tales collab? That's all I really want to do.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I don't think you need to be very far in at all, the first prologue unlocks after chapter 2.

I think chapter 9 was the highest requirement I've seen, but I'm not that far into it either, maybe chapter 3 or 4. If you've got Amy and Cyrus that should do. It's looking like it's a substantial amount of content.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

I mean.... given that the alternative is to use your free stones on a banner with absolutely no guarantee, I cannot see how a banner with a guarantee would be worse.

That's the thing. It's guaranteeing a 4.5 solely by increasing the chances for 4.5s. You have the exact same chance for a 5* as the default banner. Meanwhile you can get a better chance at specific 5* pulls by picking a good limited banner.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Merry Christmas! The gacha gave me a pretty good (and amusingly lore-connected) wind team by dropping Claude AS and 5* Dunarith in my lap. The core of the team is Mistrare, Dunarith, Claude, and Cynthia, with Joker and Morgana rounding it out because mobs gotta die and baton pass is great if your main purpose is to swap out for the zone setter. Is there anyone I should consider subbing in? I don't have much else in wind from the gacha except 4.5* Shannon. Yuri from the Tales collab, maybe?

Also picked up Hismena, who has joined the already competitive ranks of characters looking for a spot on my water and pierce teams.

The next thing I'd really like to do is start getting some manifest weapons finalized. The only problem there is that so far they're all water type and earth is my worst team. I've gotten close with Laclair a couple times, just using my water team, but I usually end up with too little AF bar and/or a character down when I have my burst set up. For Dewey, I'm thinking I could get water/earth pierce going if I got Tiramisu and Ciel upgraded. Similar might work for Melina, but she seems much harder without earth zone.

I also just unlocked Grasta, but I'm not sure what to do at this point beyond putting the basic elemental ones on my main damage dealers.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I played this long ago but the app was always very finicky for me. Eventually an update caused corruption issues and I moved on. I came back this week after seeing they have added new mechanics like zones. Boy am I glad I couldn’t find my old transfer ID because my new account is outrageous. My first three banner pulls, two off the free anniversary and bought the Star Dream, is insane. Mariel, Thillelilie, Suzette, Hismena, Yipha, Toova AS and I picked Myunfa with Star Dream.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
That's a pretty nice team. You just need a few more blunt attackers for Yipha's zone and some more Earth characters for Myunfa. Cerrine should help along with various Persona and Tales crossover characters

Meanwhile, to celebrate the new Clarte chapter they released new free daily pulls and I got a 5* Vials, which makes up for my last few ten pulls being garbage filled with 3&4*s.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

For a fresh account I'd highly recommend looking at the new Weapon Type banners. They each have very high rates on four very good 5* units (3 in the case of Piercing, since Cetie isn't very good). For Hand Row, the Blunt banner might not be a bad idea, even if you already have Yipha, since Felmina and Dewey would give you an amazing team with her. Slash, Pierce, and Magic also all have pretty good Earth units on offer.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Qylvaran posted:

For a fresh account I'd highly recommend looking at the new Weapon Type banners. They each have very high rates on four very good 5* units (3 in the case of Piercing, since Cetie isn't very good). For Hand Row, the Blunt banner might not be a bad idea, even if you already have Yipha, since Felmina and Dewey would give you an amazing team with her. Slash, Pierce, and Magic also all have pretty good Earth units on offer.

Even if you've already got some. I got multiple duplicates of felmina and it's handy for doing some another dungeon runs for the shadow bonus. Plus, eventually Felmina can do amazing amounts of damage with a little setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Thanks for the advice guys and yea the weapon banners look sweet. Leaning towards Blunt. But honestly Thillelille is so utterly broken I don’t foresee anything mattering for a very long time. And I haven’t even really tried optimizing her or my order of operations yet. And I haven’t even obtained Cress yet to pair her up with slash zone. She just annihilates bosses and horrors.

Like early on it was a big hit for my other 5 stars to just go above a thousand and she was dropping 100ks. And I am not even bothering to AF yet except for when there’s multiple mobs in a boss fight, which she just executes them all.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 12, 2021