Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Clarste posted:

ES Thillelille comes with Moke (and she needs him to function) so getting a crappy dragon doesn't seem like a priority imo.
Don't you say that about my beautiful son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I love him...

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Clarste posted:

ES Thillelille comes with Moke (and she needs him to function) so getting a crappy dragon doesn't seem like a priority imo.

:mods:

Anyway, you can equip a second sidekick and their aura activates even if they're not on the field.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

2 out of 3 Opus obtained for Akane. Do I dare hope for an actually legit Earth DPS in my future?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Alxprit posted:

2 out of 3 Opus obtained for Akane. Do I dare hope for an actually legit Earth DPS in my future?

Is she worth using without SA? I sidegraded her for Pokémon reasons, but I haven't really analyzed her kit to see how essential her Stellar skill and passive are. Gotta be rough feeding her shadow too, with three shadow katana SAs already.

Thille is next on my starchart list anyway, if I can pull enough codices in the next couple months.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It depends on your resources, but you only need around 30 light/shadow to get most everything you'd want right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If you get her with an Opus, she starts at 0. 30 on potentially 3 different characters is a lot unless you've never used any of it before.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I finally knocked out the last two dryad weapon fights. The tower bird fell to Dunarith AC, Elseal, Hismena AC, and Felmina ES. That team builds AF fast.

Meanwhile, I took down the moth boss with an Arcadia team. Everyone but Melpiphia awakened, Sazanca carrying the fire zone grasta. If I had it to do over, I would have put the grasta on Aldo and not given Cerius a rose with thorns ore because he burned through his MP fast. Stellar Burst is great for adding on unanswered damage. For a gimmick team it's surprisingly solid.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Dryad weapons are a bit of a letdown compared to the Elpis ones, but I guess they were a bit easier to get. I only really use the staff because it has Magic Crit Damage and that's hard to get.

The Dryad armors though, those are pretty great.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Still haven't gotten the last dryad weapon since I have no water damage team whatsoever. I don't have an earth team either, but managed to take out the ice whale with a wind team anyway. Which is less possible when the bird is immune to everything but water.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Nakar posted:

The Dryad weapons are a bit of a letdown compared to the Elpis ones, but I guess they were a bit easier to get.

Somehow* I got all the Elpis weapons between 3 part 1 release and the very next update.

* Iphi + Radias AS + Minalca/Tetra were basically unstoppable. I think Claude ES was the 4th man.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Clarste posted:

Still haven't gotten the last dryad weapon since I have no water damage team whatsoever. I don't have an earth team either, but managed to take out the ice whale with a wind team anyway. Which is less possible when the bird is immune to everything but water.

Necoco AS, zone setter, Aldo and a tank might do it. That said i don't think I've touched those bosses...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I tried the bird with Necoco kaleidoing Yakumo but it was less than stellar damage-wise. There's got to be a better way, but who knows? Most of how I get past these fights is just with Benedict anyway

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Uh, after the latest patch I decided to raise Tiramisu and for whatever reason it's not letting me get her Manifest Weapon? I did her character quests just now but it's still saying it's not available. Is that a bug or is there some other requirement I'm forgetting? For reference, I'm talking about her original Manifest Weapon, not the new True Manifest. I had her at 4* until now and decided to promote her now that she's getting buffed.

Edit: Specifically, the old man next to the mirror is telling me it's not available for her. The records section shows that she should have one. I don't have her in any other styles.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 9, 2024

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Doing her 5* quest should be all you need. Are you sure you did the quest that upgrades her VC to level 3? I'm leveling her manifest as we speak.

Incidentally, her manifest that was just released is her normal manifest. She doesn't have a TM yet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Did all 3 quests, yeah.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Clarste posted:

Uh, after the latest patch I decided to raise Tiramisu and for whatever reason it's not letting me get her Manifest Weapon? I did her character quests just now but it's still saying it's not available. Is that a bug or is there some other requirement I'm forgetting? For reference, I'm talking about her original Manifest Weapon, not the new True Manifest. I had her at 4* until now and decided to promote her now that she's getting buffed.

Edit: Specifically, the old man next to the mirror is telling me it's not available for her. The records section shows that she should have one. I don't have her in any other styles.

I don't think she had a manifest weapon up until now. True manifest is just level 11 of the manifest weapon.

I just tried it and it successfully started the fight. I'm not sure what you could be missing. Its not usually tied to anything else other than character quests. Unless you for some reason don't actually have the latest version installed but i don't see how that should be possible?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Must be a weird bug/patching issue I guess. Maybe it'll fix itself soon.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Check whether there's a store update, perhaps? I was able to get it just fine.

...And I forgot to get it until after AFK leveling her to 100. Whoops. Well, shouldn't take too long to grind it out since I have EX Cyrus on farm.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Wild. I hear WFS customer support is pretty responsive to this sort of thing, so it might be worth dropping them a line.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Some stuff about Tiramisu's Stellar Awakening:
  • You definitely don't need the SA itself. Gaean Burn is pretty strong and the End of Turn nuke is cool but she fulfills her role as a buffer/debuffer and fixed damage dealer just fine with the regular buffs and her Manifest, neither of which require any Starcharts.
  • 400 SPR is not a super difficult barrier to hit. Her Manifest has no stats on it (only True Manifests do), so you'll have to get SPR from armor, badges, and grasta. There's a free armor in Apocrypha ch5 that is almost as good as the Hertz Gauntlets from Hard Otherlands, so do not bother with Hard Otherlands. There should be +40 to +60 SPR badges available. Getting SA for more stats is obviously useful for helping to hit the target, but it still isn't super difficult and you probably don't even need 400 SPR for a lot of her cheese uses, which include that...
  • Farming red key ADs with her is pretty strong. I checked and didn't see any boss in a regular VH with >3.6 million HP, so she should reliably one-shot all of them solo with just good SPD, 320+ SPR, and her Manifest. Summoner's Prayer now restores 100 MP and costs 27, so she infinitely self-sustains and never has to worry about Null/Absorb bullshit.
  • Also she can farm at least all of Barouki Otherlands, possibly the rest, and some but not all of the Garulea ADs. Specifically, she can't kill one boss each in Present, Antiquity and Future Garulea, and starting from Underworld on the bosses have too much HP to be one-tapped.
  • She does about 8% of a Part 3 story area Master difficulty mob's HP with Summoner's Prayer. Probably is never going to be good enough to farm Expert/Master as enemy HP balloons at those difficulties.
  • While 3.6 million isn't super impressive, spamming Twin Dragon in AF will escalate it to 48 million fixed damage per usage, which is significant considering that enemies cannot mitigate it in any way.
Overall I'd say she's pretty balanced, a decent upgrade to be capable of doing what she used to be able to do but simply fell too far behind on. I do not think anybody particularly needs her for anything, though she'd be amazing on a starter account because she could one-shot basically everything to the end of Part 2.

That said, considering she's appeared in the background several times in Wryz Saga and is apparently arriving on the scene in the epilogue of Part II, I would be totally unsurprised if there is a superboss in Wryz III that is particularly vulnerable to fixed damage, so she might make your life way easier if they pull that crap. The alternatives to her for fixed damage... aren't: Radica AS is still capped at around 300k, and Noahxis can only do 500k on the first turn a single time.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

You missed the real benefit of SA for Tiramisu: starting with 4 Dragon Origin. At 4 stacks, Twin Dragons does significantly more fixed damage than Summoner's Prayer. Enough to farm Entrana AD. Plus it enables her buffs and debuffs quicker.

And in case you missed it, she now has a chance to gain or not lose DO at the end of the turn, based on SPR.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I miscounted the Twin Dragon fixed damage, you're right. I thought it was 1.8 million, but it's actually 18 million. I can't figure out from the skill description or wiki why it's doing that much damage though, even at 4 stacks it shouldn't be 18 million without consecutive uses.

Assuming it isn't bugged, that does allow her to farm basically any AD solo, though Twin Dragons will probably want either Cup of Invincibility (Lance) or a backline Otoha AS if you want to be 100% sure she never runs dry, since it doesn't restore MP like Summoner's Prayer (the stacks say they reduce MP consumption but I'm not really seeing it). It's also a bit slower because she has to do a ST attack before the dragon whirlwind, but it is significantly stronger if you have her SA to start with four stacks.

That said, I'm still not sure it's that massively important to the point of justifying the SA. You can get the same damage output in an AF by just using Summoner's Prayer once. The buff/debuff benefits are mostly duration extensions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Qylvaran posted:

Wild. I hear WFS customer support is pretty responsive to this sort of thing, so it might be worth dropping them a line.

Update: Reinstalling the game completely did not work, which surprised me. I've contacted support.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In case anyone was curious, support couldn't help me, but the issue resolved itself after the latest patch.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I was! Good to know it's been resolved!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Randomly pulled Akane Alter and, uh, do they just not sell starcharts for her in the point shop? Actually, looking at the list, they only seem to sell them for people who got their Manifest Weapons at the same time... Which would make Stellar Awakening practically impossible for anyone else if you missed pulling them on their initial banner. Kinda sucks, if so.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

That's the worst part of the SA system. For styles that didn't exist already, the only ways to awaken them if you missed them the first time around is to pull three copies or spend three allcosmos star charts. Without a subscription you only get one of those charts per month.

It definitely reduces the free-to-play friendliness of the game. I've already got a growing backlog of awakenings.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also, Tiramisu should totally have gotten the Arcadia tag after the event.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

Also, Tiramisu should totally have gotten the Arcadia tag after the event.

:yeah:, although she's missing the link/zone gimmick.

I guess Aldo is too, and he's pretty much irreplaceable on the team.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, even if she can't apply the buffs, she'd still be able to benefit from them.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Just making sure everyone's getting their whisper of time rolls.

Jeez, 4 and a half year to FINALLY unlock Galliard's last 4* skill.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Don't forget, you need to have Galliard and Helena at a minimum of 15 shadow each to get anything out of their upcoming Stellar Awakenings. Time to change your Toto's Dreamland team and/or farm some VC grasta from Riftbreaker.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I used some shadow items on Helena near the beginning of the game because I really needed to get two rewards to make getting Minalca's tome easier, so she's probably at 15. Galliard though... well, he'll probably get a bit from this very episode's dungeon, I imagine.

Not that I expect either of them will set the world on fire, but who knows?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I started shadow farming on Helena when I was starting out on the game, but it didn't last, so she ended up at 24. Maybe I should push her those 6 more for those stellar points.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Marluxia posted:

I started shadow farming on Helena when I was starting out on the game, but it didn't last, so she ended up at 24. Maybe I should push her those 6 more for those stellar points.

Eh you get most of the benefits from 15 I think, but if you've got nothing else to do put her in a toto AD team

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why does Anabel ES use lances when her unique and locked weapon sprite is a sword?

Edit: They even call it a sword in her character quest.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 13, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

So am I correct in my understanding that Xianhua is a gay robot?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Lobsterpillar posted:

Eh you get most of the benefits from 15 I think, but if you've got nothing else to do put her in a toto AD team

Well, I ended up getting 3 shadows in a row so, I think the game wants me to.

Clarste posted:

So am I correct in my understanding that Xianhua is a gay robot?

Edit: having just finished the story, absolutely.

Edit: Edit: I have her and her character quest does go
into some of this:

Something was nagging at me, since there's a synth human grata and it would be odd if she was a robot but couldn't benefit from that grata.

Short answer: yes and no.

Remember how she kept going on if you just preserve memories you basically have immortality? She was a human, but turned herself into a synth human. If I'm following correctly, she was a human during the past events of the paradise of imperfection story, but disappeared for a while, and that's when she transformed into a synth human. She does gain the synth human attribute once you complete her third quest.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The Lavog bosses are some kind of bullshit I gotta tell ya. They're really running into a problem these days where every new character does AOE damage, and then in situations like this or Sophie you absolutely need single-targeting damage. It's a shame because Xianhua is an absolute killer and can ignore type resistance gimmicks with her non-elemental damage, but no single-target option, so she'll never be able to kill any Lavog boss because even if she one-shots all 5 targets it still doesn't count and they revive. What kinda crazy team comps are even capable of dealing with these? I really hope Main Story 3 Part 3 doesn't keep going in this direction.