Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

That sounds like when I drew AS Foran early on. Bosses and horrors were like tissue paper for a big chunk of the main storyline. You'll need/want more good stuff eventually, though. I'd recommend drawing some on the Blunt banner, then saving up stones for the weapon zone banner that should be coming out along with Ewan AS. If you can make it all the way there on the strength of Thillelille and free characters, you'll have a ton of free stones to spend on what's mostly regarded as the best banner ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Welp I pulled Myrus AS lmao so I will pretend I will save stones for Weapon Zone and Rosetta AS to make a magic zone team, but I probably won’t have the willpower.

I am thinking Dierdre, Toova AS, Myrus AS and Myunfa as Earth team?

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 13, 2021

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Hand Row posted:

I am thinking Dierdre, Toova AS, Myrus AS and Myunfa as Earth team?

AS Myrus is great, but you're honestly better off with either Violet or Velvet (P5R part 2 and Tales collabs respectively) instead of Toova. Violet is especially crazy with her personal weapon against Earth or Slash weak enemies, since Sword Dance becomes a nearly guaranteed crit, hits twice because of the One More passive, and deals extra damage on crit and at >80% health (which is calculated before Myunfa's max HP buff).

Incidentally, I wanted to share about my ridiculous luck with the Magic Attack banner. I have spent exactly 200 stones on that banner, and pulled OG Rosetta and AS Myrus. It nearly makes up for the practically nothing I got from about 10k stones pissed away on Melissa's banner (literally the only highlights: dupe Mistrare, 4* Lovely).

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I got an oddly satisfying 10 pull a few months ago... It came with a lot of 4.5* characters that I didn't already have. Radias 4*, Claude AS 5*, and Annabelle 4* all in one go giving me access to all elemental zones. I had enough treatise to upgrade Annabelle to her AS, too.

I also got very lucky on Melissa just before the latest content was released, and found that on the news horrors which are weak to slashing, a not particularly optimised slash team can do 15million with AF on turn 1.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I've been getting into this a bit more heavily lately after kind of stalling out a few times, and just want to say that "pick Tiramisu (with your star dream ticket)" is probably the single best nugget of advice i've ever gotten for a game. What a completely monstrous QoL character. Anything that's not a boss, she deletes, and even against bosses she still hits the hell out of them. It's made general progression so much easier just through not getting bogged down by random encounters.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been getting into this a bit more heavily lately after kind of stalling out a few times, and just want to say that "pick Tiramisu (with your star dream ticket)" is probably the single best nugget of advice i've ever gotten for a game. What a completely monstrous QoL character. Anything that's not a boss, she deletes, and even against bosses she still hits the hell out of them. It's made general progression so much easier just through not getting bogged down by random encounters.

She is absolutely my favorite unit. Mindbogglingly OP for 95% of the story. The other 5% are bosses, so you'll need additional units for those.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
In a similar vein obtaining characters who damage on VC owns for clearing trash and chapters. Joker is a free one, not sure if others.

Edit: Good god I pulled Rosetta AS on a second 10 pull. I somehow have the magic zone team already but I don’t think I will really mess with it until end game. Got a ton of content to go thru for a long time.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 16, 2021

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

Agreed. Thanks. I've found this game to be surprisingly engaging.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Jintozook81 posted:

Agreed. Thanks. I've found this game to be surprisingly engaging.

I think it is the only mobile game that has actually made me a bit emotional because of plot points in the various story arcs, makes the game stand out when most mobile games have a throwaway story.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CompeAnansi posted:

I think it is the only mobile game that has actually made me a bit emotional because of plot points in the various story arcs, makes the game stand out when most mobile games have a throwaway story.

Yeah that’s why I came back to AE because I realized I stopped playing games when getting to the end of story content. Well why am I playing those games anyway because the stories are generally mediocre and I have to deal with much more aggressive dailies and limited time content.

Edit oh god 100 Year Ark part 2 is coming. I hope they update fishing to not be horrendous.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Hand Row posted:

Yeah that’s why I came back to AE because I realized I stopped playing games when getting to the end of story content. Well why am I playing those games anyway because the stories are generally mediocre and I have to deal with much more aggressive dailies and limited time content.

Edit oh god 100 Year Ark part 2 is coming. I hope they update fishing to not be horrendous.
What makes fishing so awful? I didn't start until around like ch. 60 of the main story and I don't mind it at all so far, but I'm only level 18, maybe it gets more grindy later? I like that it's something to do when I'm passing through an area or if I just want to pick up the game for a couple of minutes at a time. I break it out when I'm waiting for a Zoom meeting to start. A little more variety might be welcome I guess, like if there were more lakes, or maybe a day / night cycle of different species or something.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

gloom posted:

What makes fishing so awful? I didn't start until around like ch. 60 of the main story and I don't mind it at all so far, but I'm only level 18, maybe it gets more grindy later? I like that it's something to do when I'm passing through an area or if I just want to pick up the game for a couple of minutes at a time. I break it out when I'm waiting for a Zoom meeting to start. A little more variety might be welcome I guess, like if there were more lakes, or maybe a day / night cycle of different species or something.

The top tier fish are gated behind the dimension hook, which requires you to get a lot of fish stones. I am at the point where I need another 150 stones to get that hook, at rod level 26, but that requires getting 150 of about 10 different species plus maybe a few species to 70.
It's just very, very time consuming, and there isn't much variety.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think the general estimate to obtain Levia, the 5 star water mage, from fishing is 80 hours.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Oof, it sounds like the tedium really ramps up. Would be really nice to have some additional lakes and species to catch.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

gloom posted:

Oof, it sounds like the tedium really ramps up. Would be really nice to have some additional lakes and species to catch.

I think that honestly just swapping the fish stone rewards for the chronos stones would do it : eg. you get 10 fish stones at 100 instead of 150. That'll cut down on a lot of fishing.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Haven’t pulled on Rosetta AS’s banner once, but I got two of her treatises from drops and today the Sensationalist showed up in the Cape for me for the very first time. :toot: Those three treatises plus the two you can buy means I was able to unlock her Another Style.

Edit: I did already have her normal form.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I probably should have waited a while to use this rainbow drop I got upon finishing up the main story and moving on to Ogre Wars 1, even if it was the primary motivator in plugging away recently, because boy did getting Isuka from the Wind banner just kind of, well, take the wind out of my sails from finishing that first part.

On the plus side I did get AS Rosetta, though I don't think I have much immediate use for her unless I'm misunderstanding her Zone, as my offensive staff roster basically amounts to Mighty.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

On the bright side, Isuka will speed up point collection in the first two IDA school episodes.

Also Mighty AS with manifest is great in a magic zone team, and there's always Gariyu. Do you have Mariel? Her manifest gives magic crit buffs.

I'm jealous of Rosetta AS havers, since I still need two more treatises before I can buy my way into that club.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This Whisper of Time has been real good to me. First I got Biaka, then a dupe Bertrand, and now I got AS Tsukiha. Real crazy man. Maybe I can take the time and complete some of the outstanding episodes and side stories I have.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Is the value of Ewan AS that he fulfills the top tier selfish dps role for any weapon zone? And like is it better to have 2 selfish DPS on a team over 1 with support and it just doesn’t really happen because there’s not even two of the same type for the most part?

I have been tempted to blow some stones on Melissa but tough not to stockpile like crazy with Ewan and zone banner coming sooner than later.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252600/ANOTHER_EDEN/

Guess we get to move this to the main Games forum.

Also, if you add this to your wishlist you get stuff. Phone accounts transferable.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Really enjoying Song of Sword and Wings of Lost Paradise. Just got to the new chapter. Thille Melina Prai etc are all annoying so I wasn’t looking forward to it but the overall story is interesting.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I finally got my first full clear of PCD! Should I use the chant scripts to upgrade Mariel first, since I still need one more treatise for Rosetta? Getting her manifest started could help speed things along while I wait for that third treatise to drop. Going for the gold standard Magic Zone team of AS Rosetta/AS Myrus/M!Gariyu/M!Mariel.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Been playing this for like a month and it rules but the amount of content is a little overwhelming. I just finished Ogre wars 2 and there are so many mechanics to unlock still... and side stories... and quests..
Is 5☆ Aldo a good unit? I really like him and want to use him but I also pulled some very very strong AS and 5☆ units so my party isn't lacking for this stage of the game...

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

CHiRAL posted:

Been playing this for like a month and it rules but the amount of content is a little overwhelming. I just finished Ogre wars 2 and there are so many mechanics to unlock still... and side stories... and quests..
Is 5☆ Aldo a good unit? I really like him and want to use him but I also pulled some very very strong AS and 5☆ units so my party isn't lacking for this stage of the game...

He's not terrible, he has a slash rebuff that's handy in a slash team.
Guildna, however, completely outshines him because he gets a lot more buffs like a unique weapon, armour, andd grasta

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 8, 2021

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Lobsterpillar posted:

He's not terrible, he has a slash rebuff that's handy in a slash team

Yeah and now that there is a free slash zone from Cress via the Tales Collab, that makes Aldo a bit more valuable. That said, Dierdre, Violet, Velvet, and Yuri are also free and much better. So it still might not be worth maxing him.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Like I mentioned, I don't need him to fill any gaps but was mostly wondering if its worth the materials (I hate farming). Guess that's a no.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If you run enough AD you can buy his upgrade items. And you have to finish the episodes so you get that fairly easily.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CHiRAL posted:

Like I mentioned, I don't need him to fill any gaps but was mostly wondering if its worth the materials (I hate farming). Guess that's a no.

No unless you need to in order to get past his solo battle, which I think you might have already?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Hand Row posted:

No unless you need to in order to get past his solo battle, which I think you might have already?

I think so? I'm keeping him max level just in case. This game needs more himbos for me to pull :/

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I'm on like chapter 16. How do you guys get weapons without grinding insanely? All my 4 star guys are like 60 and my attacks don't seem to do very much. I love this game but the grind sucks.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You need to advance in the story. At this point there's no point to grinding for weapons unless you want to get the stones. You'll pick up enough items just from progressing in the story. That and running the ADs when you can.

There are currently 74 chapters, you're still in the first part of the story.

Are you doing the character quests? That should help some as they unlock better attacks and valor skills.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 11, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

im freaking the heck out posted:

I'm on like chapter 16. How do you guys get weapons without grinding insanely? All my 4 star guys are like 60 and my attacks don't seem to do very much. I love this game but the grind sucks.

Weapons aren’t going to help you. Have you pulled any 5 stars yet? You also can do Persona part 1 to get 5 star Joker and Morgana. Joker is nice for farming since his VC does damage and Morgana can cover partial healing duties. They get personal weapons too. They can help tide you over until you obtain better 5 stars.

The Tales guys are pretty nice to have too, especially Cress and Yuri. Cress has slash zone which is a huge buff to slash damage peeps. Weapon zones are where it’s at. It takes a little more effort to get those guys to 5 stars but it’s free. Just be careful who you pick first as the cost goes up. I only did the two I mentioned for the moment. You can also obtain personal weapons for them too.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Hand Row posted:

Weapons aren’t going to help you. Have you pulled any 5 stars yet? You also can do Persona part 1 to get 5 star Joker and Morgana. Joker is nice for farming since his VC does damage and Morgana can cover partial healing duties. They get personal weapons too. They can help tide you over until you obtain better 5 stars.

The Tales guys are pretty nice to have too, especially Cress and Yuri. Cress has slash zone which is a huge buff to slash damage peeps. Weapon zones are where it’s at. It takes a little more effort to get those guys to 5 stars but it’s free. Just be careful who you pick first as the cost goes up. I only did the two I mentioned for the moment. You can also obtain personal weapons for them too.

I've had Milla as a team staple, as her 5* skill does a really potent resist rebuff plus elemental rebuff.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Where you're at, having as many 5 stars as possible in your team is much more important than any kind of overall team strategy or synergy. If you haven't pulled any from the gacha (and even if you have; they're unlikely to become completely obsolete), get those collab units. Cress is especially nice since all of those are slash type and he sets Slash Zone. You set the zone by bringing him in from the back row, and it gives a bonus to all slash damage along with a penalty to all other damage for both sides.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Ok, thanks guys. I got Joker and Morgana and they help a lot. No other 5 stars so far, all my pulls have sucked.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Ok, thanks guys. I got Joker and Morgana and they help a lot. No other 5 stars so far, all my pulls have sucked.

Dang that’s bad luck. Do note that some 4s can upgrade to 5s, referred to as 4.5. Foran for example is a huge one to pull. You probably wouldn’t be able to upgrade them for a while but hey.

Similar regard get those Tales characters and before you know it you will be able to upgrade to 5.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I wouldn't say Foran is a 4.5 since her upgrade is to an AS which takes more work/luck than if you have Mighty at 4 stars.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

I wouldn't say Foran is a 4.5 since her upgrade is to an AS which takes more work/luck than if you have Mighty at 4 stars.
Yeah getting five treatises is no joke even with buying two at the fancy shop.

I’ve had two for Akane and AS Yuna for ages and I doubt I’ll get a third one anytime soon. Never mind any of the upcoming cool new AS characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

first I wanna say, I really really like this game. I just barely passed chapter 12 by the skin of my teeth and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Everything keeps hitting harder and I can barely keep up. Got any tips for helping a noob?
my usual team composition is

Biaka 5 star
Hozuki 5 star but silver?
Nikeh 4 star
Pom 4 star
Yazuki 4 star
Aldo 3.5 star

I have these other characters as well but idk if any are good