Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Logged in after not playing for awhile and had the destiny tokens from last month (I must've logged in at some point?). First one gave me sunrise Shion, second one gave me a 4* Apostle Melina, but I already have the 5* AS Melina so this is fine. The last time I played regularly I stopped after getting through all of the Persona event and collecting both the lvl 60 weapons. My party's still only lvl 39-40 but it's Suzette, AS Melina, Morgana, Mighty (normal and AS), Joker, Mariel so if I ever get back to the main story I'm going to prbably bulldoze for awhile since the last story chapter I did was the one that unlocked the Persona character recruitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a good bluestacks setup to use a controller with this, at least for moving around? The best I've found so far is setting the dpad as freelook, but even then it seems to stop every few seconds and restart, and it doesn't work with up and down.

Also is thilellelelelle or Miyu the one in my party that keeps yelling IIIIIIIM CUMMMMMMMMING because wtf

It's Miyu and I have to imagine that after the voice line was recorded someone thought "ok this is so absurd we're just keeping it as-is."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Haven't played this for months and I think my story progress stopped as soon as I could do the Persona collab fully, how far in do you need to go for the Tales collab?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Clarste posted:

I don't see how the fact that there are overpowered freebies changes the fact that 99% of your gacha pulls are useless trash who are orders of magnitude weaker than the good characters.

gachadesign.txt

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I’d like to log in and check out the collab but this game is the absolute worst as checking and updating if you don’t play often. Checks updates for 20 minutes only to just sit updating at 2/2 forever. I’ve never seen a mobile game fail so badly at this stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Vitamean posted:

Picked this game back up after dropping it a month after launch. Not having the specter of Granblue dailies on my back is helping me appreciate this game more, although I am sad they've shoved ads into the game since I last played. At least I finally got to Chapter 11 last night!

Guild War is going on in GBF right now though! :shepicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

This game's unwillingness to download updates will never cease to amaze me. So many times I think about logging in to play another chapter or two and just... can't, because after taking 10+ minutes to verify it asks me to download an update and then sits at 0% forever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Marluxia posted:

That happened to me with a lovely phone, and as far as I can tell, it is actually downloading at 0%, it's just not updating the progress properly.

Looks like this was it, i let it sit while watching TV and it eventually updated. Used some 10 pull ticket I had and got a 4* Dewey (assassin fist) who can upgrade to 5*. Decided to tyr for Eva and the first multiple was a lot of nothing, just dupes and a couple new 3-4 star things. The second pull slightly better:

Not sure how I should set my team. Last time I played my team setup was Suzette(dragoon), Melina( I think it's her AS at 5* and OG form at 4*), Morgana, Mighty(both 5* styles), with Joker and Mariel(hierophant) in reserve. Joker for the swap in AOE for clearing fights faster, iirc. I have a handful of other 5* units like AS(?) Shion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Stickman posted:

Hismena AS hits like a truck and her valor self-heal is super useful if you're stall-healing mid-dungeon. Eva's also a beast and pretty much works with anything, especially if you can arrange speeds so she goes first (to maximize the likelihood of extra hits). Hismena AS + Suzette + Eva + Melina AS or Morgana for healing (and crits when Melina AS' manifest releases) will throw out a ton of damage even without zones or other support. Once you get some more units you can throw in some better synergies, but they'll carry you through most of the story content all by themselves.

Cool, it sounds like a good setup to run for fast farming through fights would be Hismena, Suzette, Eva, Morgana with Joker to swap in for the aoe proc and then Melina AS in reserve for additional healing power if I want to take on fights above what I should be doing. Story-wise I think I'm only a chapter or 2 past when the P5 collab was able to be finished so I imagine this setup will blow through a ton of fights for awhile due to power creep and levels (and I think P5 dropped higher level gear or something?).

I'm not sure what you mean by pulling AS treaties but I'm sure it'll make sense as I play and remember more of the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So with Eva at level 26-27 (others in the 40-41 range) and with a level 16 weapon I did Miglance castle (hard) and on a round where the boss was debuffed a bunch Joker crit for 4.5k two times Eva crit for 11k four times. Lunatic's 2x attack buff also stacks with the "attack twice if target is over 50% hp" effect? :psyduck:

I think one of her weaker rounds she still out damaged Suzette, who's level 41 and has a level 38 weapon and was using a 2x hit XL damage skill. I can only imagine how comically overkill she's going to be when she's actually at the same level as what she's fighting and has a similar level weapon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nakar posted:

The way damage works in Another Eden is that you want to stack a ton of multiplicative damage boosting effects, and the way Eva's kit happens to work is that she can self-sufficiently create the circumstances that permit her to do that.

Quick example: Icicle Zorch has a baseline skill multiplier of 190%, which is pretty normal for an XL magic attack. However, she starts the battle in Copy Lunatic, which lets her use skills twice, so that effectively means she's doing 190% twice, or up to four times depending on whether she's hitting that 50% trigger. Additionally, the skill itself does four times as much damage in Lunatic, and each time she uses it she gains 30% INT up to a max of +75%. On top of that, the skill grants 100% Magic Critical Rate and applies Break when it hits (a debuff that doubles the damage of the next hit to strike the enemy). So what all of this means is that in the best-case scenario, Eva is actually doing roughly (1.9 {baseline} + 3.0 {Lunatic multiplier bonus}) * 1.5 {crit} * 2 {break} * 4 {Copy Lunatic + 50% trigger}, or around a 4680% multiplier, with each successive cast also ramping up her INT and increasing her damage that way. I'm not even counting her Mental Focus buff, which increases her damage based on how much Max MP she has, or things like Grasta that would increase elemental damage or Pain/Poison punish multipliers, or hitting a weakness, or Magic Zone, etc.

This is very good, but the thing is, many characters can actually get to something like this (including Suzette, once her True Manifest weapon is unlocked). It's all about how many of the multipliers you can stack. Eva's pretty good at stacking them on herself, but other than granting partywide Magic Crit Rate and the Break she leaves if spamming Icicle Zorch she's not giving everybody else a ton. This is fine if she's your primary damage dealer, as you focus your support on her, but some parties can do crazy damage while also buffing each other to insane heights, so she's not necessarily as busted as she appears. Plus a lot of her damage is conditional, which makes her great in fights where the boss is likely to be over 50% HP for a while and then gets burned down in a recovery phase (which is what the Murphy superboss in the Mythos was), but much less good in fights where you AF a boss down to a 50% stopper on the first turn and then have to start unleashing hell. Her Crystal damage output is also ironically better against things resistant to it than weak to it (which has its applications, as Murphy showed, but is not generally how you approach fights). And like all Lunatic characters she theoretically has a bit of a time limit once Lunatic runs out, but since she gets free start-of-battle Lunatic it impacts her a lot less than other characters.

Cool, that makes more sense and I think I'm 1-2 levels away from getting Zorch on her. I tried running a lvl 45 hard dungeon (mementos?) and ended up failing since the boss seemed to have about 5-6x as much HP as the level 40 dungeon boss did, which was unexpected considering the rest of the dungeon was pretty easy but had no drops other than chests on the map with decayed leaves or something, and it kept healing 34-35k hp every few rounds so i eventually lost due to attrition. It sounds like the damage from Zorch might've been enough to brute force through it all. Since she can stack crystal/water debuffs up to 4x (so 100% resist debuff?) with glint purge that would further push her damage with Zorch into the stratosphere I assume?

Qylvaran posted:

It's a short list for now. Suzette, Mighty, and Shion.

I take it these are super far into postgame grinding? Oddly enough I have all 3 of those characters.

e: Got Icicle Zorch, used it on round 2 against a royal guard in the Miglance (hard) dungeon, 31k damage first hit then 174k on the second and it died from about 60-65% hp with that second hit. :hellyeah:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 27, 2022

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

Don't the mementos bosses have specific shielding abilities too? They're the sort you really need to bring Joker or violet for unless you've got a better multi hit option

I have Joker and Morgana in the party, it just healed 35k every time it used evil fang(?). I'm going to try again now that I have Eva's very big icy hammer.

e: Well that was anti-climatic. Completely destroyed it. What a beast of a unit compared to anything else I can field.
e2: It looks like I need to keep an eye out for Felis Circulus treatise for AS Tsubame as well.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 27, 2022

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Any thoughts on which banner to use this anniversary item on that they gave out? It looks like one of the banners is a bunch of AS 5* units?

e: I'm catching up on the symphony stuff, just have CC left to do, how worthwhile are the CC and Tales characters given my current party?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 9, 2022

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fezz posted:

You don't use the item on a banner. It just gives you a 5* with even odds for all of them.

I know, there's two different pools to select from and I'm not sure which to select. Or do you get 1 pull from each?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Got Isuka ES on the pull.

Decided to try for the flamemancer since I heard he was good and got him on the 2nd multipull. If I'm reading right, he basically works in fire/water/earth/wind with equal effectiveness if you have their zone going? So I could do something like have Eva swap out and back in (or swap her in on the first turn but she doesn't get auto-lunatic in the back row) to activate her water aura and all his damage would swap to water as well? I probably shouldn't have pulled for him since in the couple of VH dungeons I ran Eva deleted level 70+ horrors in 1-2 rounds but no going back now. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So while looking around I saw there's two subscription services and you get the first month free, which includes a "pick 7 characters and you get one at random" draw and the only caveat is the unit has to have been out for a while. I haven't redeemed the subscription yet but I was wondering who'd be some good units/styles to try and get using that? How hard are the trials they unlock? I ddn't see any details on what level they're geared towards.

Clarste posted:

Eva doesn't have a water zone, she has a magic zone.

Forgot it was magic and not water so there goes that idea. Maybe I should look at building a fire team with him, Isuka ES, Kid, and some others? Getting a water stance unit so he can pair up with Eva seems like it'd allow for some pretty extreme spike damage if I had Nagi ES or some other water stance unit though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Clarste posted:

Nagi ES doesn't have a water zone either, lol. She has the "Sea of Stars" zone which is some gimmicky thing that gets damage boosts only at max AF meter but applies to all weapon/damage types (and can't use AF until 100% either). She's the first to have it, I think.

Edit: Naturally your dude wouldn't get any special bonuses from it either. It also doesn't interact with the Another Zone stuff.

*head slams into desk repeatedly*

Maybe I'll just not worry Eva and flamemancer teaming up then even though it seems like they'd drop comical levels of damage compared to others.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Qylvaran posted:

What you want are Yuna AS, Anabel AS, Shigure AS, or Zeviro AS for water zone. Really though, just don't worry about putting them in the same team. You'll reach a point where one team won't be suited to every challenge.

For the pick seven pull, definitely include Pizzica and Melissa if you don't have them. They are major game changers. Otherwise focus on expanding your available zones, especially elemental ones for Dewey.

Ended up with Pizzica from the 7 options. I was looking at this unit earlier since they were at the top of the Altema rankings. Their song buffs look insanely powerful and don't care about elements so she's pretty much a super support that works on any team and her last two songs are 2x damage with other effects like auto crit or damage reduction and regen?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I should probably start on chapter 26 since my team is comically overpowered for it (level 60+, level 5 manifest on Suzette) but I'm running a bunch of the episodes since it looks like you need to hit some/all of those as requirements for later chapters anyways.

I also picked up Azumi and considering the last fight with her she's level 80 and dropped 2-3k damage attacks that one-shot people (because farming drops for armor is hell on earth) I assume the game probably didn't expect a party in their late 50s to be able to do that fight but Eva cares not for game balance. :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Any thoughts on what Adamantine weapons to make? Seems like the Katana is generally useful and then maybe a spear or sword since a billion people use those?

Lobsterpillar posted:

Azami gets even better with her manifest weapon, she counterattacks when hit by melee. Plus you get light for her from garulea AD.

Is there any fast way to xp or is it just burning red keys on the xp stage, which seems extremely wasteful? I assume this is "get manifest weapon to lvl 10 and beat the next fight" and not just have the weapon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Qylvaran posted:

For XP, May or AS Tsubame with the right load out can rapidly take down stage 4 of the original boss rush set to feed whoever else you put in your party.

Yes, manifest weapons only become useful after the second fight.

Adamantine weapon choice doesn't matter much in the long run, but I got decent use out of the spear when it first became available. Plus it matches a few outfits :shobon:.

Not sure which boss rush that is but I still haven't started chapter 26 since I was running Episodes and still need to run the CC symphony at some point, unless it's available to unlock now and I just haven't come across it. I don't have AS Tsubame (just the regular one) and I only have 4* May at level 1, though I'm guessing Eva can probably do it as well given the amount of damage she puts out on her own.

How rough are the 2nd manifest fights? Looking at the AE wiki it seems like enemies rarely have HP or other stats listed. With Pizzica's buffs, Eva usually crits for 750-900k on the 2nd round of a fight when using Astral Draco.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Alright cool, I'd just found the battle simulator and cleared the first 3 fights. Couldn't take down the 4th because the last wave having 5 enemies means Eva does terrible AOE damage so her + others just couldn't bring enough firepower to get the job done yet. I saw that one of the rewards a few fights later is an emblem that boosts damage by 50% and makes skills cost 15% more MP and drat I really want that for Eva. Considering the HP those Cyrus mobs have I assume having May take them down requires her being heavily geared, including emblems, grastas, and other stuff I've seen mentioned but don't have that enable the massive damage output people end up with?

Most of the people I'm using regularly are in the 55-65 range and Suzette's manifest is lvl 6 or 7 so yeah I'll just not worry about the 2nd fight since even the first one was a bit of a struggle, just a shame that she's kinda dead weight until then but at least Hismena AS and Melina AS are decent. True Manifest fights I just assume are billion+ hp superbosses that I'll ignore for a good while.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I noticed the Zeviro AS banner was still around and since I have about 5k currency from running a bunch of stuff I decided to two a couple of pulls since he has a water zone among other uses. The gacha RNG continues to be generous:

:getin:

I'm not sure what sort of burst setups I can do but I guess a longer term high DPS setup would be Eva, Flamemancer, Pizzica(?), and then someone fast like Suzette AS to swap out for Zeviro AS before anyone else can act so they get water zone for their first turn actions which would let Flamemancer enable Another Style in turn 1 as well.

Stickman posted:

One of the early battle simulator missions also gives you a +50% exp badge, which is a boon for leveling (doesn’t apply to manifests though).

Got that one, using it on flamemancer atm since he's a bit further behind the others in terms of XP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nakar posted:

The requirements are extremely generous, yeah, especially with the Prismatic Hammer from CC collab; the hammer alone will push May's sweep skill to 100% crit rate, because the skill itself has a baseline 50% crit rate. I think it can be done with just tier 2 elemental Grasta, which you can easily get from Present Garulea AD. A few better Grasta can make it significantly easier and/or let you use a different weapon like the hammer from the side story.

Cyrus farming in the simulator is really fast once you have a good Earth AoE sweeper, and unless you're pushing the simulator stages for content purposes you don't have much use for Bold Pulses (using Red Keys on the experience dungeon is kind of a waste when so many other good dungeons use them), and you can theoretically do the simulator farm indefinitely (each Bold Pulse unlocks a stage for 6 hours, and you get one Bold Pulse every 6 hours).

This is all good to know. I have the hammer of bond and I'm running through side stories and such so that I can progress the main story, though it sounds like the prismatic weapons are amazing so maybe I should've done the CC collab awhile back like I was going to do. Currently stuck needing to 4* Amy so I can do chapter 31(?) and part 2 of that arc so I'm running the mining town side quest since that seems to give the class change item I need rather than trying to farm AD runs on hard/vhard but I'm sure I'll need to sit down and do that eventually regardless and need to put together a team with enough light or shadow to get all 3 drops instead of just the first 2.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nakar posted:

The main story does require completing two side stories, but the first of them (Two Swords for Part 1.5) should be trivial with CC collab stuff and the second (Azure Rebel) isn't too bad to get into Part 2. The two Mythos storylines require other side and main story progression and should probably be held off on because they don't reward the effort nearly as well as the collabs and Grasta do.

You need to do some character side stories as well and Amy's requres her 4* unlock at the least (this is why I was running that god awful mining town side story).

Clarste posted:

I find it amusing that the Prismatic weapons have the same crit rate as the Rainbow sword from Chrono Tigger.

I've never played CC and I just figured the Prism weapons and their 70% crit rate was a direct homage to that. Shame we didn't get a CT collab instead but I guess I need to run that ASAP. Kid being able to do 50% PWR/INT debuff sounds like a godsend for taking down fights I shouldn't be ready for yet, like the manifest lvl 10 fights once I get some weapons there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So am I reading it right that this star piece bundle is "spend 1000 (paid) gems to do a 10 pull and then you get to pick a 5* of your choice, no RNG, from this massive list"? That's pretty tempting if so since while I can use Zevrio AS, flamemancer, and Eva for a brutal water team it'd be good to pick up someone like Melissa(?) and start building teams for other elements to cover when water isn't going to cut it (and Eva going solo with crystal damage isn't as potent it seems).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Looking through my units I have a lot fewer 5* than I realized. Lots of 4.5 star stuff that could be upgraded, eventually, ignoring that treatise and chant script are hellishly rare or the grind necessary for the CC and Tales collab character 5* items:

After tomorrow's free 5 star pull I'll probably do the paid pull and get Melissa, Necoco, or Flammie.

I have Melina AS's manifest weapon but since my best team is water (or maybe crystal) I don't foresee the level 10 fight being too easy since I had a bit of a rough time with the basic fight. Suzette has her manifest unlocked. No True Manifest for her yet though because I tried that fight and I think I did maybe 2% of the enemies' hp in damage before immediately getting stomped.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I really need to sit down and get back to progressing the story since the Gralea(?) unlock and other stuff would probably give me a huge much-needed power boost.

TaintedBalance posted:

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll go wind since Suzette AS has already been part of my core team. Is there a fast/efficient way to level besides grinding?

There's a battle simulator you can unlock at some point and IIRC, clearing the initial quest for it gave 200 high class scrolls and I think it'd take around 150 to move someone from 1 to 80. For the last couple of weeks I've just been running through Miglance AD VH to slowly build Aldo's light (up to 19 :v:) but even by taking only 5-6 fights per run on average that's around 300k per run which adds up over dozens of runs (and max light seems like it's probably 1k runs). Realistically it seems like the only option is to grind but you can class scroll to 60 pretty fast and unlock your character's skills, at which point the levels are power boosts but smaller ones.

Someone mentioned earlier when I asked about XP that one of the battle simulator stages is really good xp/hr if you want to grind but you need very strong earth AOE damage for it, so it's something to do once you already have a unit like 5* May able to drop 500k+ damage AOEs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Free 5* was Melina ES (new) and a bunch of pulls on Flammie's banner only got me a dupe Nagi as my sole 5* there. Not sure between Necoco or Melissa for my paid pull 5* selection. Melissa seems good for turn 1 burst gimmicks while Necoco seems good in general on all 4 element teams as long as you have a zone enabler for them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sounds like Melissa is it then.

One thing I don’t get is that crit rate boosts don’t stack? The cc weapons are 70% and the armors are 30% but using both together isn’t 100% crit rate which is unfortunate.

How is Melina ES? She looks cool but I know Melina AS just got her manifest which apparently makes her extremely powerful too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Qylvaran posted:

They should stack. Are you using the ring and staff by chance? I don't think the ring provides magic crit chance, which is separate from physical crit.

Yep that's exactly it, this was happening on Eva. I didn't even notice they were melee-only bonuses on the armor. Oh well, she can 100% magic crit rate herself when needed.

Qylvaran posted:

Melina ES is extremely powerful blunt support, and works great with Melissa as well. She can push your AF combo rate very high with Or Yesha, which increases the damage you deal.

CoolI was just glad to get something new but having it also be a useful unit is welcome.

e: Did they reset the free month offer on the two subscription things or will they always say 'first month is free' even after you've used up your free month and canceled before it renewed?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

If the expensive monthly sub had a "turn off random encounters" option I wonder how many people would buy it just for that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I think I spent 8 or 9k on her banner and got a single crappy 5*. Gacha luck had to run out with how quickly I got Eva and Flamemancer I suppose.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Man I was really digging the mining village quest until it asked me to acquire 150 clay to make 30 bricks. Is there an easier way to acquire clay than killing these slugs? Through the several hours of farming I’ve done so far for materials I’ve only gathered 50 clay.

Mining village quest sucks real bad tbh. I ran it to get a merit to 4* a unit for the story and even that took forever.

Having teams with high mining/harvesting bonuses helps but it's still really tedious.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Clarste posted:

Level 60 is basically the minimum for special weapons. Anything below that will be from dungeon grinding.

I did some gear grind back around 38-40 and just used those and random chest loot until 60, at which point it was prismatic gear and a couple of manifests. The Prismatic weapons are just so much better than anything else someone's going to have when they first hit 60.

The battle simulator gives out a handful of level 60 weapons/armor for unlocking it or completing the first fight too and with power creep I suspect naked level 60s would clear that intro fight now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Stickman posted:

If you don't mind just instantly deleting most of the story content

Do it. Delete the story content. I pulled Eva when she came out and once I got Icicle Zorch she went from "can mostly burn down the bosses herself" to "lol" and I was able to just enjoy the story without worrying about grinding up other characters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'd forgotten about the free 5* event. I got lucky and was sitting on chapter 4 of the IDA part 1 so I was able to run through one quest and get the master drop. Shame it was Melina AS, whom I already had. :sigh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

What roguelike and busted like Eva or..?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Does that mean if you lower an enemy's resistance it buffs it instead, or do debuffs still apply properly and separate from his shenanigans?

e: looking at Altima (since the EN wiki seems to be broken) I see the mermaid, Eva, and Flammelapis are all still 98-99 ratings too which is nice.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Saw we had a free 10 pull ticket from some campaign and it gave me Philo (AS) 5* which is new.

And a dupe copy of Isuka(ES).

Paper Lion posted:

no, think of it like reversing polarity. it turns anything the enemy resists into a weakness and anything it is default weak to into a resist. you can then stack your debuffs as normal on top of that.

Ok yeah that's crazy powerful