Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I had no idea there was a thread for this game. I love it. I'm just about done with the original story (like chapter 22).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
A quick tip for people here is that if you swap Morgana for Joker (who starts on your backline), you get a really strong AoE dmg skill on entry that doesn't cost mana. It's strong enough that if you have Joker at 60 with his weapon, you can one-shot all the units in Beast King Castle level 1. Thus, you can farm indefinitely with this strategy, leveling units and earning git. If you want to get fancy, you can make a macro in Nox to do this 24/7 to level all your units to 80.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Qylvaran posted:

Does anyone else in this thread have a "project team" you're working on, or is everything you're interested in using already 5*/Manifested/Grasta'd/&c.?

For reference, I just finished Ogre Wars pt 2 (CH44). I'm currently working through all the character quests right now because I just remembered that most of my best skills are locked behind them. So many character quests to do. Then I'll be getting the manifests for everyone who has one available if only to boost the number of high dmg weapons I have available. I still have yet to beat a 2nd manifest fight though, so that's a project I am working towards. I think that'll have to wait, though, until I finally get some grastas from garulea (once I make it that far in the story).

It feels like at my current level of progress there are so many interlocking pieces that it is hard to figure out where to start. In order to do some manifest fights, people recommend other units with finished manifests, in order to do those, you need to promote some units, in order to do that you need more tomes/chants. Once I start breaking through some of the manifests, I suspect my power level will spike and everything else will start falling into place.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Lobsterpillar posted:

Does anyone have AS Ciel? Is it worth getting? I've just spent the chants on AS Foran and am trying up AS Ciel next. However I've already got a decent earth team, including manifest Diedre, manifest Cerrine, and AS Myrus (who I had for ages without her last ability unlocked, and she was great. With it, she does even more insane amounts of damage)

I have Ciel AS and he's great. Ideal in a pierce comp with Foran AS. He's also one of the best earth units. He'd definitely replace Cerrine for you (if you have Myunfa, if not he's the perfect 4th unit).

Lobsterpillar posted:

So I might 5* either Dunarith- for air/support or Zeviro, for water. I have a fair amount of support already, and next to no water (the only decent ones are AS Shanie and AS Foran) so I'm thinking Zeviro. I've got enough times to do either of these two once I get one more chant script which will come easily through the current episodes point promotion.

Zeviro is just OK. Dunarith is quite good although a bit outclassed these days. I might consider just holding onto my chants for the time being if those are your main options.

Fezz posted:

I hit a big stopper on the Ember Dragon Egg, any suggestions? Do I need to finish IDA3 to get Mana? Will Erina work instead? Should I be able to do it with Amy, Joker and Morgana? Are there any other guaranteed critical hit characters I'm missing?

I'd need to know a bit more about the units you have. I did it with a pierce team.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 12, 2020

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

Here's my team. The bottom row is 4.5*s. I'm in the middle of IDA3, the cat quests, the alternate timeline episode, and the 2 Persona quest. So I could get those units if I put some grinding into it.

I'd try using a blunt zone team. Yipha gives guaranteed crit. You can pair her with Cerrine, Felmina, Dewey. Lokido could fit in place of Dewey since he seems to be 4.5.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

Oops. Quote is not edit. Shameful.

Do you think Amy would work in the blunt team? Especially since Yipha has a wind debuff?

I guess. I don't think Amy is all that good myself.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fezz posted:

She has a guaranteed crit, plus her power boost skill, she can hit hard. It didn't matter because she got sent to the back row and Yipha, Corrine and Felmina took care of the egg with the full AF bar.

Glad you were able to beat it with that comp. That blunt team is probably your strongest team right now.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
New collab out now with the Tales series of games. Four free characters via playing through the storyline. One is a free Slash Zone, which is a pretty big deal. They all seem really good. Like the Persona collab, the collab will be available permanently, but there is currently a bonus 1000 gems available if you start the collab (literally just click through the prologue) within the next couple weeks. Also, there is a one-time banner using FREE gems that guarantees a 4.5*-5* unit on the last door. This is the best free banner so far and I highly recommend you use your free gems from starting the collab on this banner.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Qylvaran posted:

Might not be if you already have a lot of 4.5* waiting in line, since it doesn't increase the probability of any 5*. Anyways, I got 4.5 Elga. Might be good with the slash zone team I'll be able to make with Cless.

I mean.... given that the alternative is to use your free stones on a banner with absolutely no guarantee, I cannot see how a banner with a guarantee would be worse.

Elga is great, especially with her manifest. One of the best units in a slash comp. Sadly you need to 5* her, though, to get her manifest.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been getting into this a bit more heavily lately after kind of stalling out a few times, and just want to say that "pick Tiramisu (with your star dream ticket)" is probably the single best nugget of advice i've ever gotten for a game. What a completely monstrous QoL character. Anything that's not a boss, she deletes, and even against bosses she still hits the hell out of them. It's made general progression so much easier just through not getting bogged down by random encounters.

She is absolutely my favorite unit. Mindbogglingly OP for 95% of the story. The other 5% are bosses, so you'll need additional units for those.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Jintozook81 posted:

Agreed. Thanks. I've found this game to be surprisingly engaging.

I think it is the only mobile game that has actually made me a bit emotional because of plot points in the various story arcs, makes the game stand out when most mobile games have a throwaway story.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Lobsterpillar posted:

He's not terrible, he has a slash rebuff that's handy in a slash team

Yeah and now that there is a free slash zone from Cress via the Tales Collab, that makes Aldo a bit more valuable. That said, Dierdre, Violet, Velvet, and Yuri are also free and much better. So it still might not be worth maxing him.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

clockwork chaos posted:

double posting to say I went with the Another Style one because I had good luck last time

any of the new friends I should bother with?

Hozuki AS is really really really strong so I would recommend building her.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Is this game worth starting in at this point? Or is there just too much catching up to do?

It's literally the only mobile game that I would feel comfortable saying that you can start now without having missed anything. Things are actually better and easier than they were early on and you haven't missed anything except free gems from events.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm still so far behind. I'm on like chapter 56 or something and bogged down in the grasta grinds. I have a hard time pushing through story mode because there are so many side quests.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 23, 2022

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Stickman posted:

I honestly wouldn’t bother grinding grasta. The main story doesn’t require it and it’ll come over time if you just run daily Garulea dungeons without going out of your way to grind. Definitely don’t try to outfit everyone, either, just move stuff around to whatever team you’re currently using for the content that needs grasta.

Ah yeah, good point. I can just keep using my cards there and then I don't need to grind. As for progressing the story, I've been using Mana VC + Tiramisu's flat dmg nuke to speed through story/farming because it gives me a consistent 200k AoE nuke for 3 mana.

Have any of the more recent characters trivialized story content more than that? Most of the stuff I've seen is better against bosses because although the damage is absurd, the mana costs are also high which means you cannot consistently use them through the billions of random encounters you face when clearing maps. Maybe the units with preemptive skills (e.g., Tsubame AS) could work for mana less farming?

The VC nukes don't work anymore because they don't do enough dmg to kill lvl 75+ mobs (unless I missed something) and, anyway, I'd really prefer to not have to swap units from the backline. Having to move Mana every fight is the main reason I'm looking at alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah, SDEs are the only thing worth paying for if you're a low-spender. You get to do a normal 10x pull, then you get a shard. You can redeem that shard within the following month for any character on the SDE list, which happily even includes the newest base character, Flammelapis, who I just selected.