Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I played this long ago but the app was always very finicky for me. Eventually an update caused corruption issues and I moved on. I came back this week after seeing they have added new mechanics like zones. Boy am I glad I couldn’t find my old transfer ID because my new account is outrageous. My first three banner pulls, two off the free anniversary and bought the Star Dream, is insane. Mariel, Thillelilie, Suzette, Hismena, Yipha, Toova AS and I picked Myunfa with Star Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Thanks for the advice guys and yea the weapon banners look sweet. Leaning towards Blunt. But honestly Thillelille is so utterly broken I don’t foresee anything mattering for a very long time. And I haven’t even really tried optimizing her or my order of operations yet. And I haven’t even obtained Cress yet to pair her up with slash zone. She just annihilates bosses and horrors.

Like early on it was a big hit for my other 5 stars to just go above a thousand and she was dropping 100ks. And I am not even bothering to AF yet except for when there’s multiple mobs in a boss fight, which she just executes them all.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 12, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Welp I pulled Myrus AS lmao so I will pretend I will save stones for Weapon Zone and Rosetta AS to make a magic zone team, but I probably won’t have the willpower.

I am thinking Dierdre, Toova AS, Myrus AS and Myunfa as Earth team?

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 13, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
In a similar vein obtaining characters who damage on VC owns for clearing trash and chapters. Joker is a free one, not sure if others.

Edit: Good god I pulled Rosetta AS on a second 10 pull. I somehow have the magic zone team already but I don’t think I will really mess with it until end game. Got a ton of content to go thru for a long time.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 16, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CompeAnansi posted:

I think it is the only mobile game that has actually made me a bit emotional because of plot points in the various story arcs, makes the game stand out when most mobile games have a throwaway story.

Yeah that’s why I came back to AE because I realized I stopped playing games when getting to the end of story content. Well why am I playing those games anyway because the stories are generally mediocre and I have to deal with much more aggressive dailies and limited time content.

Edit oh god 100 Year Ark part 2 is coming. I hope they update fishing to not be horrendous.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think the general estimate to obtain Levia, the 5 star water mage, from fishing is 80 hours.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Is the value of Ewan AS that he fulfills the top tier selfish dps role for any weapon zone? And like is it better to have 2 selfish DPS on a team over 1 with support and it just doesn’t really happen because there’s not even two of the same type for the most part?

I have been tempted to blow some stones on Melissa but tough not to stockpile like crazy with Ewan and zone banner coming sooner than later.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Really enjoying Song of Sword and Wings of Lost Paradise. Just got to the new chapter. Thille Melina Prai etc are all annoying so I wasn’t looking forward to it but the overall story is interesting.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CHiRAL posted:

Like I mentioned, I don't need him to fill any gaps but was mostly wondering if its worth the materials (I hate farming). Guess that's a no.

No unless you need to in order to get past his solo battle, which I think you might have already?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

im freaking the heck out posted:

I'm on like chapter 16. How do you guys get weapons without grinding insanely? All my 4 star guys are like 60 and my attacks don't seem to do very much. I love this game but the grind sucks.

Weapons aren’t going to help you. Have you pulled any 5 stars yet? You also can do Persona part 1 to get 5 star Joker and Morgana. Joker is nice for farming since his VC does damage and Morgana can cover partial healing duties. They get personal weapons too. They can help tide you over until you obtain better 5 stars.

The Tales guys are pretty nice to have too, especially Cress and Yuri. Cress has slash zone which is a huge buff to slash damage peeps. Weapon zones are where it’s at. It takes a little more effort to get those guys to 5 stars but it’s free. Just be careful who you pick first as the cost goes up. I only did the two I mentioned for the moment. You can also obtain personal weapons for them too.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Ok, thanks guys. I got Joker and Morgana and they help a lot. No other 5 stars so far, all my pulls have sucked.

Dang that’s bad luck. Do note that some 4s can upgrade to 5s, referred to as 4.5. Foran for example is a huge one to pull. You probably wouldn’t be able to upgrade them for a while but hey.

Similar regard get those Tales characters and before you know it you will be able to upgrade to 5.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would focus on building around Hozuki AS, she is your best character by far. By focus then look at the various buffs and debuffs you have available. Like Hozuki AS is dps but also debuffs fire resistance and can buff bows. So pay attention to other characters skills and VCs that take advantage or enhance Hozuki. For example start Pom in your back line and bring her to the front reduces enemies type resistance so Hozuki will do more damage. You will then start paying attention to characters speed so skills are used in the most optimal order.

Also I think once you get past chapter 13 you can do the Persona 5 episode and obtain Joker and Morgana. That will be a huge boost in power for you.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yes they make a big impact and for boss fights you basically are setting them all up to trigger the best AF. Like besides what I just mentioned, get the Tales characters when able. Yuri for example him starting from the back line to buff speed and crit damage for the party, then if you trigger AF he also buffs crit rate with one of his skills. You can imagine the impact on Hozuki AS then.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think both Joker and Morgana can activate One More against those.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I mean she is the only pierce zone character. She is top tier. Also has an attack that gives 100 crit rate to party.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 30, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Lol, that is awesome! Like I said before my luck suuucks on this game so I am glad ai at least pulled something awesome. Thanks guys for the advice!

Weapon Zones are game changers and priority #1 to obtain. So pretty sweet you have Foran AS and Cress is a free Slash zone. Get a top tier DPS that fits in a zone and you are golden. The rest of the team should be supporting them in whatever aspect.

Like Yuri alone is fine but he’s great from a team building aspect because he is a huge boon to prolonging AF and buffing your main DPS. His VC buffs your team speed and crit damage and Lone Wolf buffs team crit rate and hits multiple times, extending AF. Cress buffs slash damage, get someone who reduces resistance on your team and so on.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I will probably go with Melissa because hell yea mega t1af damage where I can always try out any character in it. Sure not great for super bosses but whatever.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Lobsterpillar posted:

Oh cool, when does that start?

The 12th. The anniversary notice was buried below the Milsha announcement if you want more details.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I actually disagree because there’s not really content where you must have the new powerful character to complete, plus most 5 stars are extremely strong. And the free characters like Tales are very strong, plus story characters got big time buffs in JP that’s coming. And they are characters that can also can take advantage of the Light Shadow additions since you farm it. Use those red keys getting light for aldo, he has a skill that’s enhanced by light.

And even when other characters fade, they often get a manifest that catapults them right back.

With that said I also got Elga AS as my free 5, what a bummer ah well.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 20, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Because you only need to pull for waifu. Even shitass 5s like AS Ruina have their roles and fights they can be useful for.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 20, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Combo posted:

Is there anyone that puts out good content on banners, character reviews, etc, besides that cringy as gently caress dude on youtube that starts every evaluation with "is she hot?".

I know there's always reddit too.

Bami whose tier list is on the wiki and usually has pinned comments on that type of stuff in the AE discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
There’s usually updated roadmap progression guide posts on Reddit that absurdly cover it all