Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Road map snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

Just a little bit of tweaking here...

played a few rounds, did gently caress all for me. Sure, it's faster than pubg, but that just means you die quicker.

Yes, I'm bad at video games, so be it.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Don't try to revive squadmates on the ship while it's still moving. You and your buddy will end up sliding through the walls and off the ship! Happened to me twice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH

Grimey Drawer

My experience is that you get two teammates who dont talk and the moment you land and become free from the shackles of the jumpmaster wander off in two separate directions while you get shitjumped by the team that dropped seconds before you at the same location and stayed together

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah, no. Blackout has smoother movement across the bar.

Yeah AL is fun so far but nothing is going to come close to CoD when it comes to smooth movement mechanics. I havenít been able to get into Blackout yet but itís smooooooth.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Sliding down a hill is so fast it's silly. This game feels like if Overwatch had a br mode, basically

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Honestly I think my biggest issue is the whole 1 Life thing that Battle Royale games do, it makes everyone play too conservatively

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
]

maybe its just me but the game feels really rough, the shooting feels like poo poo and it runs like poo poo

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

any PS4 goons wanna play a few rounds?

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.

Grimey Drawer

Doorknob Slobber posted:

maybe its just me but the game feels really rough, the shooting feels like poo poo and it runs like poo poo

pc or console?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
]

TwoDice posted:

pc or console?

pc

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Maybe i'm just rear end (99% likely) but the shooting does feel weird as hell. Like i don't know if i should be ADS'ing all the time or hip-firing. But i like what i played, although i want them to turn up the sprint speed a couple notches. Otherwise i'm cool sliding all over the place, though of course i miss always having a grappling hook no matter what character i'm playing.

Game is the most fun i've had with a BR and i've gotten two legendary skins without dropping a dime so that's cool and good i guess.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.

Grimey Drawer

weird itís super smooth here

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

Veritas posted:

any PS4 goons wanna play a few rounds?

At work but I'm in on the ground floor of this epic game, he said Unironically

PSN is zerodrone, I'll likely be on when I get home in 4 or 5 hours if anyone else is up

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Downloaded this on PC, gonna try this later, I tried the training and this game's movement feels drat good. Looks great for a battle royal too, right up there with Blackout.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

The Jumpoff posted:

Maybe i'm just rear end (99% likely) but the shooting does feel weird as hell. Like i don't know if i should be ADS'ing all the time or hip-firing. But i like what i played, although i want them to turn up the sprint speed a couple notches. Otherwise i'm cool sliding all over the place, though of course i miss always having a grappling hook no matter what character i'm playing.

Game is the most fun i've had with a BR and i've gotten two legendary skins without dropping a dime so that's cool and good i guess.

Unlike most cod games, hipfire is great till about 20 meters on pretty much all guns aside from snipers. There is zero reason to ads with a smg like ever (at least that was the case in TF2, havent smg'd much here)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Played a match as Wraith: had no idea what to do or what my powers were. If I pressed "q" everything turned purple for a few seconds.

Liked the movement, but it needs wallrunning and double-jump. The map design seems prepped for it, I'm thinking a punch of rear end in a top hat influencers in the beta test talked them out of it.

Anywho, seems fun, but I think I'll need to team up with some goons for me to find this really enjoyable.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Played for like 6 hours. Had a really fun time after bouncing off BLOPS and PUBG hard, though I still love those games. The quality of life improvements in this game are just amazing. My wish list is now 4 man squads and hopefully a larger player count.

If anything, I'm glad that Respawn put out something interesting while I wait for Anthem. And lol, what's with EA and TF and Battlefield? I can't help but feel that this will take away some of the shine from the Battlefield BR.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oven Wrangler

Glad I tried this out. Much better game than expected, but I am so terrible.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. For I the LORD thy Sun God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of cosmic prestige upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

This is way better than expected. Watching streams and this just plays without a hitch.

Highly recommended for BR lovers and NEWBIES to the BR genre. Iím seeing a lot of praise.

Hot drat guys.

Respawn is back baby!

Gunder
May 21, 2003

97.5 The Brodeo

I did wonder why a bunch of big name streamers suddenly started playing Titanfall 2 a few weeks ago. Guess that was right after they returned from their trip to play Apex. I remember they all seemed to be playing pilot vs pilot, the mode without the titans. At the time this felt like missing the point, but it makes perfect sense now.

Gunder
May 21, 2003

97.5 The Brodeo

Also, they really do need to add in a solo queue and duo queue option fast.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Iím having trouble coming from black ops to this game, the shooting is very different (aka getting my rear end beat in every fight)

itís fun

Quantum Shart
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Any Ausgoons looking to give this a spin on PC add me on Origin QuantumFarter

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

This is the worst day of my life.

The EVA feels like poo poo in this compared to TF2 and that makes me sad.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Played a match as Wraith: had no idea what to do or what my powers were. If I pressed "q" everything turned purple for a few seconds.

Liked the movement, but it needs wallrunning and double-jump. The map design seems prepped for it, I'm thinking a punch of rear end in a top hat influencers in the beta test talked them out of it.

Anywho, seems fun, but I think I'll need to team up with some goons for me to find this really enjoyable.

Ya I kinda feel like the powers description are not that good or how they work. I guess I will just have to try them all in training.

Also I immediately got reminded Battle Royal without atleast 1 friend sucks rear end.

Gunder
May 21, 2003

97.5 The Brodeo

Ulio posted:

Also I immediately got reminded Battle Royal without atleast 1 friend sucks rear end.

Its a very different kind of experience from squad play. Iíll always remember my first solo win in the early days of PUBG. It was so incredibly tense. I can appreciate that not everyone enjoys that sort of experience though.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

The EVA feels like poo poo in this compared to TF2 and that makes me sad.

I had probably something like like 10k kills with the alternator in tf2. I picked one up and was soooooo sad.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Got level 81 in blackout a few weeks back, will give this a whirl. What are the modes? Are there duos? 99.9% of my blackout games are duos with my irl friend.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Only squads of 3 at the moment, no solos or duos.

And I've out-killed and survived my teammates in my first two games ever.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

The robutt's grappling hook seems to be a very good melee weapon

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I suck at this game.

I've never played a BR before, so having to find my weapons and loadout is bizarre. I was the robot this time, so at least the grappling hook and zipline made sense. I haven't killed anyone yet, but I've shot a few dudes.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Peacekeeper with a charging choke on it is a goddamn force of nature to be reckoned with.

This game is fuckin' great

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This game feels pretty good but I'm even more useless than in PUBG. I wish I could play solo so I wouldn't inflict myself on anyone for a while.

Also the in game voice sounds like rear end. Playing with a friend and we switched to Discord because of sound quality issues.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Breathe a little deeper, should you need to come undone

Soiled Meat

Played a bunch of rounds. I'm liking it, but sometimes your jumpmaster puts you in the dumbest loving spot and now I need to get some friends organised to not make this retarded

Quantum Shart
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I suck at this game.

I've never played a BR before, so having to find my weapons and loadout is bizarre. I was the robot this time, so at least the grappling hook and zipline made sense. I haven't killed anyone yet, but I've shot a few dudes.

5 games 2 kills yeah I'm a fukkin pro

ufarn
May 30, 2009

This game doesnít seem to run super well on Ryzen CPUs, or is it just me?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

This is the worst day of my life.

This isnít TF2 but is still pretty solid. I hope it does well so Respawn can keep making cool stuff.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I think I like Gibraltar solely on the grounds he's a brudda.

Also if more goons ever squad up, I feel we need to make a habit of always dropping Thunderdome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Shart
Sep 5, 2011

Skulltown or bust