Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Gib has high winrates because he's one of the only heroes that gets to say "gently caress off" and pretty much guarantee a heal during it. Also because every gib squad i see typically is full of players who don't want to fight until its the very last fight (that they can third party, with bombardment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
Literally just change wraiths animations
Instead of doing the sonic hedgeheg run, a more typical run
Instead of a broken hitbox, a working hitbox
Also, why is it baldwraith that tends to be the problem? Did some streamer ever say that the removal of hair makes the hitbox yet smaller?

Wheeee posted:

imo they should just make Wraith thicc af

This too, swap her and loba legs

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Just write it into the lore and the developing storyline of the game that blah blah blah technobabble Caustic and Wraith swapped minds and now they have the same skillset just with a model swap.

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
Caustic with Wraith's hitbox sounds like the worst character in FPS history

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

i switched to revenant for world's edge after maining wraith for the first half of this season. i might main rev now, his q is too fuckin handy

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Also, why is it baldwraith that tends to be the problem? Did some streamer ever say that the removal of hair makes the hitbox yet smaller?

This is my only legendary skin for her and people are also saying that skin is being used as a hate symbol?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol no one thinks you’re a nazi if you use bald wraith Jesus Christ people

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lol, right wingers think shaved heads are a masculine thing and would never accept a woman with one.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Wattson nation rise up!

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
pretty sure its more that with bald wraith the already wraithly tendency to be either VERY sucky or VERY VERY good is further magnified.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

A while back someone in this thread idly wondered if there were any skinheads out there using that skin, but there’s not any actual evidence of it.

And use whatever character/skin you want, if people are making snap judgements based on it then that’s on them. They’ll either reconsider when you defy their expectations, or they’re a shithead and it doesn’t matter.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If my teammate just seems to bee-line in the direction of other teams without any apparent rhyme or reason and then solo wipes them, that would seem like some kind of hack, right?

I can believe there are people that good at shooting, but they took the weirdest, quickest lines from wherever we were to wherever an enemy was, non-stop.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sounds like they're probably using wallhacks at the very least.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I’ve been only picking wraith the past few months because I’m almost at 1k kills with her and that would be my first champ to reach that goal... but I suck so it takes forever.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Wattson nation rise up!

:drum:

I crafted the 90s looking white/multi-coloured triangles skin for her and I don't think it's ever coming off

re cheating: I absolutely destroyed someone who was lag switching the other day and drat did it feel great

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
if they had more than 2 unique models for the legendary skins then bald wraith wouldn't be such a visible thing

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

people use bald wraith because she looks cool

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lol no one thinks you’re a nazi if you use bald wraith Jesus Christ people

This was literally suggested in this thread a few pages ago :v:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wheeee posted:

people use bald wraith because gold skin

ftfy
draw a pile of poo poo on a skin and put it in the rarest category people will use it because its rare

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

resistentialism posted:

If my teammate just seems to bee-line in the direction of other teams without any apparent rhyme or reason and then solo wipes them, that would seem like some kind of hack, right?

I can believe there are people that good at shooting, but they took the weirdest, quickest lines from wherever we were to wherever an enemy was, non-stop.
I think this is assuming a lot just because someone solo wipes a squad and gets somewhere quick. If you really want to get kills you should run towards enemy teams fighting constantly and finish up the weaker squads. A lot of the time ill do this and not go the quickest way because it's not the safest and I don't want to be game kept or there's no cover to handle a full squad.

It's so easy to finish up a squad of 3 if they are all looting and still weak from a previous battle.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah for all my bluster about being good i mostly just shoot people in the back.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

There's a difference between generally knowing where people are because you heard a fight and knowing exactly where every person is and where they're looking so you can take the most direct route with zero line of sight to them every time. Based on their description I assume they were talking about the latter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

runchild posted:

And use whatever character/skin you want, if people are making snap judgements based on it then that’s on them. They’ll either reconsider when you defy their expectations, or they’re a shithead and it doesn’t matter.

Yeah this

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i find that the players who have 1488 poo poo in their handles tend to be nazis pretty reliably, whether they are wraith or not

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

i find that the players who have 1488 poo poo in their handles tend to be nazis pretty reliably, whether they are wraith or not

Tfw someone with an awful or racist name is also a good player that saves your team

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

I have 30GB of mediocre apex clips sitting on my PS4's hard drive that I need to sift through, here's a fun one from a little while ago; still absolutely useless with snipers at long range

https://i.imgur.com/fRHVKe5.mp4

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I will never take off the neon pony skin. Or the heart badge.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

tfw you missed all the good skins for your 'main' :(

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I got the white test subject wraith skin like the second day after launch in a lootbox so thats the one I use the most. I would use bald wraith if I had it. Gladiator wraith and full machine wraith are also very cool skins.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

https://giant.gfycat.com/GrossCriminalEland.webm

Was that a..yeah! They both died to the ring :haw:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

So close.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Losing my poo poo at pubs today. If its not crypto's who aren't ever leaving their drones, its teammates who are straight up gifting squads their purple armour. Run directly at someone i've broken the armour on, get downed and ragequit do they get to loot the box from safety. Cheers mate. Really appreciate it, you loving prick.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just played some Titanfall 2. It still owns and movement is still wonderful but multiplayer is just way too hard to have any real fun with these days even with the higher playercount. When you have people who are like prestige level 40+ and are boosting around the map at a trillion miles an hour it's just brutal.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The sentinel headshot sound is so satisfying. I had 2 spectators at the end when we won I like to think it was these guys who were very cross that I sniped them.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ViciousSingleIvorygull.webm
Also had this EXTREMELY clutch win today. Seriously outplayed the last 2 squads. You can see the last guys death box fall out in the distance

https://giant.gfycat.com/GaseousTerrificIbizanhound.webm

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i decided i wanted to get good at the havoc and l-star so any hot tips? what is the purpose of the single shot havoc and why can I not asmd combo it

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
L-star: Put a 3x on it. You don't get blinded as much when firing it.

Havoc: Lol i don't loving know the new recoil turned it into a "gun i'd pick up" to "i might actually prefer a p2020 because i know i'll hit those shots". You only really use the single shot on it to meme, its very rarely useful. Maybe good if you don't have a gun to fight at the perfect range where you can see someone crossing a wide open space.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Pretty sure the l-star is bugged right now too. If you try to tap or burst fire it sometimes it will just start to overheat on its own without you even shooting it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Casual Encountess posted:

i decided i wanted to get good at the havoc and l-star so any hot tips? what is the purpose of the single shot havoc and why can I not asmd combo it

i think the single shot select fire is hit scan, so super long distance?

worse thing about energy weapons imo is the ammo count feels super low throughout the map

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i’m usually a spitfire/eva double tap kinda person but i’m trying to experiment. i’m still bad at this game because my shooting play style is counterstrike.

i don’t bother sniping it’s not worth my time. and yeah that single shot just seems dumb as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I find having a long range weapon or a weapon you can just hold the trigger down on (spitfire) useful in one slot. My ideal loadout is something like that with an all arounder (301) or something really close range (shotgun,r99)