Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Blisk! You son of a bitch!

When Blisk comes into the game finally people are gonna lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I know I am! His voice actor loving rocks.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Blisk so cool, after all the TF2 shenanigans, him trying to kill you across a planet, as soon as the writing is on the wall he says gently caress it and offers you a job. Top character.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Blisk owns and is the distilled essence of a "mercenary".

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

torn between preemptively hating Rampart for having a gun turret and A-wall bullshit, and respecting Blisk's choice to sign her up

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Pmf9AB4Mo

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That Stories felt very choppy. I think they ran out of time.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

that was surprisingly lame and disappointing, drat

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

that video kind of illustrates why im not excited about a mounted gun character in a game built around mobility, sitting still even with a unidirectional shield seems like a bad idea

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

The graffiti mod is in the abc mode, increases ammo and fire rate reload speed too!

The one I picked up was for Spitfires, don't know if it's only those or if they vary.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Chard posted:

that video kind of illustrates why im not excited about a mounted gun character in a game built around mobility, sitting still even with a unidirectional shield seems like a bad idea

"Callin' in an Air Strike!"

or, y'know, Throw A Grenade.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Chard posted:

there is a small but unfortunately statistically significant portion of people who play fast-paced FPS games that have broken idiot brains and think that stationary flow-breaking mechanics like walls and gun turrets are good and fun, and game developers cater to them

assuming her skills align with what they appear to be, Rampart is going to be a horrendous piece of poo poo character that sucks the fun out of the game and will be either a meta-defining mistake or tuned down to being useless but annoying to deal with

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Every Season Legend except Wattson (v. overpowered) and Loba (just right) has been extremely underwhelming and underpowered at launch, so I wouldn't worry too much.

On the other hand the idea of the turret and A-Wall with a Pylon protecting it is nightmarish.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Every Season Legend except Wattson (v. overpowered) and Loba (just right) has been extremely underwhelming and underpowered at launch, so I wouldn't worry too much.

That brief window where no one knew how to deal with Octanes speed was fun though.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

My one complaint is that Blisk’s appearance added exactly what you could expect going in and absolutely nothing more.

It was good for giving us a clearer picture of her rough-and-tumble personality. And there were some pretty good moments, like seeing Gib and Bang in casual clothes and that Stalker dual-wielding Spitfires. Actually I do have a second complaint, they cut away from that shot too quick.

Also Big Sister has to be someone important (and I have a guess who). The studio that does this style of Story has a tendency to give the unimportant characters more personality than necessary, but come on. A name and a crazy mask on a character who’s role could have been fully covered by Tealhair McMachete?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Mask lady is 1000% a future legend

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

God I love lore.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

runchild posted:

My one complaint is that Blisk’s appearance added exactly what you could expect going in and absolutely nothing more.

i was going to say they probably didn't bring blisks voice actor back in just to record a couple of lines, but it's actually the same voice actor as caustic

who knew

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

drat, Blisk certainly has aged quite a bit. The silver fox look works, I think.

runchild
May 26, 2010

The Midniter posted:

drat, Blisk certainly has aged quite a bit. The silver fox look works, I think.

Forgive me if I’m telling you something you already knew, but this isn’t the first time we’ve seen Old Man Kuben. He was in the original opening cinematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4-SxQC2Tic

I wonder how many people have never seen this since Respawn replaced it with each current season’s launch trailer, and never put it up on the official channel.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

AnEdgelord posted:

Mask lady is 1000% a future legend

Seems likely...don't know how summoning a Spectre would work in a BR though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Huh, just had a pubby go down because he couldn't keep up and then call me and the rando wraith gods after we killed our way through five squads to get to him.

Feels fuckin' good man.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

60+ mag on the spitfire feels goooood

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2zDHB4U6U

STIIIIIIICK

And then some flailing after because i'm too busy thinking about the loving stick.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

"Callin' in an Air Strike!"

or, y'know, Throw A Grenade.

Hush now. No more storms. :getin:

I'm excited to see how the turret is going to play out in game.
I can think of a few niche uses, which tbh, is how most ults play out.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So she's a female Torbjorn?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Cowslips Warren posted:

So she's a female Torbjorn?

Only if she can wallrun

Spitfire getting a hop-up that restores it to its *-~former glory~-* makes me so happy, especially because the Spitfire is my main weapon anyway so this means I get to kick even MORE rear end with it :getin:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Just so everyone knows, you can change the paint color on the spitfire by using whatever key you use to change the fire mode on weapons.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So does the ring for this event instakill during every round or how does that work?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Did I miss something? What did they do to the spitfire?

runchild
May 26, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

Did I miss something? What did they do to the spitfire?

It got a new “Graffiti” hop-up that increases the mag size and reload speed AND makes the bullets leave paint splatters.

They have not, as far as I’m aware, mentioned that it exists.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

First time I was in a game with a cheater in my squad. Me and the other dude died pretty fast, cheater took our banner but never respawned us. It seems he was able to see enemies through obstacles and used a really natural looking aimbot. It never snapped around but he landed almost every bullet with his spitfire.

If his wallhack wasn't so obvious I would've say his aim was just very very good also because he moved around and used cover really well and easily won the game. Reported him ofc

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

With the purple mag and graffiti mod combined, the spitfire now has 63 bullets per magazine.

So many people expect you to stop firing before you have to.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Better watch your positioning. It's Spitfire Season.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
On the plus side if everyone starts picking up spitfires and you like knife fighting, you're gonna win almost every duel.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

dogstile posted:

On the plus side if everyone starts picking up spitfires and you like knife fighting, you're gonna win almost every duel.

Eh, it depends. I've beat people with Mastiffs at close range with the Spitty, you just bull rush them and hipfire and if they get a couple of 14s or w/e (as you do, with the Mastiff) you'll win. However if it's Scooty Shroud Jr and they hit big shots your rear end is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well yeah, but that's more incompetence on their side than anything else. I'm talking more dps things, because being able to fire forever doesn't mean much if someone can magdump and then pop around the corner while they reload, ya know?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, you're basically relying on the other person being a fuckup for that to work. I loved the Spitfire pre-Season 1 but now it's in the same category as the Moz. I won't touch it unless there's no other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its still definitely got its uses. You can completely lock down an approach with it and catch people out who don't quite know you're there, but yeah, its not an amazing gun right now. I like it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI3Id3yxgAg

Hey look i did a thing it has a spitfire at the end. I think like three squads collapsed on us it was ridiculous. I need to increase my shadowplay length, first five kills i basically did solo but i didn't get them. Womp womp. I like the part where i was blind as gently caress and still melted a dude.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 12, 2020