Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, you're basically relying on the other person being a fuckup for that to work. I loved the Spitfire pre-Season 1 but now it's in the same category as the Moz. I won't touch it unless there's no other option.

It absolutely excels at killing fuckups, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It absolutely excels at killing fuckups, though.

Fair enough.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i mostly play this game to space out while high and my matchmaking reflects that so if i have a blue or purple heavy mag i'll drop a flatline for a spitfire just for the ability to down multiple people in a single mag while aggro rushing as third party

no doubt the low dps and slow reload cripple it in duels if you're playing at the highest levels where people can laser you with other guns, but even then as dogstile posted, sometimes a bottomless well of bullets is just what you need

it's pretty bad with no extended mag tho

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Devs saw fit to give us two gun slots, after all. Which basically means r99/prowler and then whatever the gently caress I fancy using that game.

But it's the triple take, I always end up using it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
just had a really weird game with some try hard rev who just made a b line for ever enemy but it kinda felt like he was hacking? Just constantly on someone's heel. The weird part is after he leads us into a giant clusterfuck like 6 squad battle in the heart of the city on WE and gets knocked for the third time he was telling us to just leave?!?

He dropped us right into the BH event thing too and managed to suck up all the loot so me and the lifeline were always a little behind him because we had nothing.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, you're basically relying on the other person being a fuckup for that to work. I loved the Spitfire pre-Season 1 but now it's in the same category as the Moz. I won't touch it unless there's no other option.

It’s a very good hot drop weapon too.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MarshyMcFly posted:

It’s a very good hot drop weapon too.

TBF any weapon is good against people who don't have anything. The hipfire spread is pretty bad and gently caress if I'm going to take the movement penalty from ADSing with that paltry DPS but yes, there are a few cases where it's an alright weapon.

e: I don't have a problem with it having high recoil/poor hipfire accuracy if it also has high DPS to compensate. I really like the L-Star for certain situations.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 13, 2020

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Regrettable posted:

TBF any weapon is good against people who don't have anything. The hipfire spread is pretty bad and gently caress if I'm going to take the movement penalty from ADSing with that paltry DPS but yes, there are a few cases where it's an alright weapon.

e: I don't have a problem with it having high recoil/poor hipfire accuracy if it also has high DPS to compensate. I really like the L-Star for certain situations.

Even people with guns don’t have that many mods for them in hot drops most of the time. Someone can get a 99 off the drop but without a mag it’s almost a crap shoot if they one clip you or not. The spitfire needs nothing to be a squad ending machine.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I find spitifre has its uses but I've definitely come off it since the beginning. The huge mag really helps wreck fools that blow their load too early and get caught out reloading. If you catch someone out of position you can pretty much end them on a single magazine no matter how much they flop around.
Con: You're pretty much standing still so if they're not an idiot they can just click your head.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
urrrrgghh

landed on 7199 rank.

yay, got it the game after.

So, Prowler is a complete beast, eh? Went from solo-queue bouncing off the bottom of Plat IV to solo queue breaking Diamond in about five days of only Prowler and Scout. Still can't use the R99 for poo poo, but burst-fire Prowler totally clicked.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
quote is not edit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Full auto prowler is insane. Just a laser. Pretty much the only time I'm not an anchor for my team is when I get one.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

One of my earlier videos where I was actually using the spitfire pretty much every game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymW8Jzv7MI

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cefte posted:

So, Prowler is a complete beast, eh? Went from solo-queue bouncing off the bottom of Plat IV to solo queue breaking Diamond in about five days of only Prowler and Scout. Still can't use the R99 for poo poo, but burst-fire Prowler totally clicked.

Prowler/Scout has been arguably the strongest pairing in the game for awhile, even after the scout nerfs, the only downside is the ammo space needed if you want to not run out of prowler food when nobody you kill might have any heavy or you want to plink away with the scout wildly.

Though you can fix the ammo concerns by swapping the scout for a shotgun/golden gun/wingman/a second prowler because why not.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
Has anyone noticed a distant thumping noise sometimes in the current limited time event? It doesn't seem to line up with any particular game event that I've noticed, at first I thought it was spitfire kills but this is just plain wrong

Also do you use doubletap with the scout? I'm just starting to use it and can't work out if its a hinderance beyond short range

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Has anyone noticed a distant thumping noise sometimes in the current limited time event?

Yes it bothers the hell out of me

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Has anyone noticed a distant thumping noise sometimes in the current limited time event? It doesn't seem to line up with any particular game event that I've noticed, at first I thought it was spitfire kills but this is just plain wrong

Also do you use doubletap with the scout? I'm just starting to use it and can't work out if its a hinderance beyond short range

It sounds distant to you? Sounds like someone bumping their mic to me, it's really irritating.

Yeah double tap on the scout is questionable beyond close combat, I rarely bother cause if Im going scout im gonna have something else for close range.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Overminty posted:

It sounds distant to you? Sounds like someone bumping their mic to me, it's really irritating.

Yeah this is happening to me as well and is exactly what I thought.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Yellow Yoshi posted:

You can always swap to single fire when your at the ranges where one bullet goes too low and the other too high, doubletap is amazing at that perfect range where you hit one in the body one in the head as fast as you can pull the trigger.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you pull down as you fire you can double tap headshot both. Its a flicking motion so its a bit weird to get used to.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1293955638104666115?s=19

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

E:f,b

Finally get to see her in action, and probably lots of peeks at Battle Pass content.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Really looking like no new map. Buuuuuummer

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 13, 2020

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Really looking like no new map. Buuuuuummer

I wonder if the event storyline was all done before *gesticulates wildly* all this happened and they just couldn't fit it in anymore.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

MarshyMcFly posted:

One of my earlier videos where I was actually using the spitfire pretty much every game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymW8Jzv7MI

My go to combo lately has been R301/Spitfire. My brother complains about it all the time, but I easily have more kills with it than anything else.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

One good thing is that they showed who voiced those Rampart VMs on the Twitter account, and one of them is voiced by Danny Trejo (and another voiced by Niecy Nash who also did a good job)! Wouldn't it be cool to have a Legend voiced by a legend?

Edit: here's the tweet, there's also a preview of the new season's theme at the end:

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1294004547476586497

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 13, 2020

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Sometimes I wonder if there’s a rendering error that hides nearby teams during the drop. Cause I spend the whole jump looking for them and I’m STILL constantly surprised.

This post brought to you by being fourth partied 3 minutes in.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

runchild posted:

Sometimes I wonder if there’s a rendering error that hides nearby teams during the drop. Cause I spend the whole jump looking for them and I’m STILL constantly surprised.

This post brought to you by being fourth partied 3 minutes in.

There's 100 percent been cases where we jumped, looked around for trails as we fell and none anywhere close, yet still had people right on us as we started looting.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

That's a constant thing for me, I just assumed it was normal that you don't actually see all of the squads near you during the drop due to some limitation or other

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019

One good thing is that they showed who voiced those Rampart VMs on the Twitter account, and one of them is voiced by Danny Trejo (and another voiced by Niecy Nash who also did a good job)! Wouldn't it be cool to have a Legend voiced by a legend?

Edit: here's the tweet, there's also a preview of the new season's theme at the end:

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1294004547476586497

I would one-trick a Danny Trejo Legend forever :swoon:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The whole "they're not near you until you land" is so consistent for me that i've kinda stopped bothering to do anything more than a quick sweep. I just grab a gun and hope nobody else got armour and a mastiff before me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wheeee posted:

That's a constant thing for me, I just assumed it was normal that you don't actually see all of the squads near you during the drop due to some limitation or other

Oh yeah it's not like it's happened once it was pretty regular (and pretty annoying).

dogstile posted:

The whole "they're not near you until you land" is so consistent for me that i've kinda stopped bothering to do anything more than a quick sweep. I just grab a gun and hope nobody else got armour and a mastiff before me.

Yup.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCUXdRb5abU

No new map. World's Edge getting a makeover. Blisk HIGHLY teased as the next Legend.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i will come back for blisk

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the turbocharger is back, and the devotion is craftable so presumably it's being moved back to the normal weapon pool?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

time to put a smg in the care package, I vote the r99

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Season 6 Map Updates

Hammond Robotics is taking over. Explore a revamped World’s Edge featuring new pathways, launch sites, player-activated Blast Walls, and more! Get the lay of the land before you drop in.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Daztek posted:

time to put a smg in the care package, I vote the r99

Welcome to Prowler Country then.

Daztek posted:

Season 6 Map Updates

Hammond Robotics is taking over. Explore a revamped World’s Edge featuring new pathways, launch sites, player-activated Blast Walls, and more! Get the lay of the land before you drop in.

Mirage Voyage gone....noooooo!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 14, 2020

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'd be ok with it becoming prowler country, to be honest. Be interesting to see the streamers adjust from their comfort pick, which is all the r-99 is at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:rip: mirage voyage

it's probably for the best though, it had the same energy as skulltown in that if the dropship started anywhere near it you'd end up with half the squads wiped in first minute of the game