Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

tetsuo posted:

people equipped double tap on scout?

Some folks couldn't get the hang of it, but I can't see myself using a g7 without double tap, so I'm good they made it easier to switch to the 30-30. It's a killer in close range and with decent hipfire, you can drop someone who gets the jump on you. Wonder how the 30² will be close range, especially compared to the hemi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

In the past 3 seasons' battlepasses, crypto has gotten a total of 2 quips, a banner (this one was cool but it was back in season 5), and a holospray. I think crypto has received a grand total of one skydive emote and one skin (that lovely robot one from season 4) in all the battlepasses, didn't see crypto once in the season 8 battlepass trailer either. At least Bangalore and Lifeline both got yet another legendary skin.

They sure do make it very easy to save your money if you play crypto, but I wish they would at least pretend he existed.

Try Bloodhound who, despite being a launch character, has had one free dive emote - the basic boring ones from Season 2, and then has had a Season 4 event purchaseable one and another event one that just happened.

That's the same number as Crypto, but Bloodhound has been in since day 1.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

mehall posted:

Try Bloodhound who, despite being a launch character, has had one free dive emote - the basic boring ones from Season 2, and then has had a Season 4 event purchaseable one and another event one that just happened.

That's the same number as Crypto, but Bloodhound has been in since day 1.

I had to buy the drat event one just so my poor bloodhound could do something other than just cross his arms on the drop.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

double tap scout was garbage but i'll miss it on the eva8

I hated that because I would keep picking it up by accident and needing to click it off

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

meanwhile mirage is babbling and doing clone stunts non stop, and they're all fantastic

xtal posted:

I hated that because I would keep picking it up by accident and needing to click it off

if im running eva i will pick it up purely to click off, so i don't accidentally hoover it up midfight and gently caress myself

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I still really like Rampart and setting up a good gatekeep is nasty as hell, especially with a Wattson on board.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I like the double tap because I'm bad at aiming and it can turn one good hit into two good hits.

I dislike the double tap because I'm bad at aiming and it can turn one bad miss into two bad misses.

The double tap is a land of contrasts.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My friend likes the double tap scout because he says it turned it into a shotgun hipfired up close.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Double tap scout owns at 3x range and closer. Any further you just flick it off. Was always funny getting the chest-head two tap with it and downing someone who though they could peek for "just a sec".

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I completely mis-read the changes for the Spitfire. I read it as Respawn making it reload more quickly. :doh:

So it does more damage, but takes longer to reload. What a word we live in.

I wonder how significant the Alternator change will be?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It has SUCH a huge clip. The reload isn't so bad. It's just going to punish people who compulsively reload after every couple bullets.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gunder posted:

You can now miss half your shots and still down someone in purple armour

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

Gunder posted:

dogstile posted:

You can now miss half your shots and still down someone in purple armour
As the guy on the team that gets made fun of for dropping R-99s for Alternators, I am very excited to do more damage with my favourite light gun.
I already thought it was a drat fine close range weapon this season, but the buff is niicceeeee.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

If it can truly hold its own against the r99 and Volt I’ll be amazed.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I think it'll be great for those of us who can't aim/track and need larger clip sizes to compensate.

kaffo posted:

As the guy on the team that gets made fun of for dropping R-99s for Alternators, I am very excited to do more damage with my favourite light gun.
I already thought it was a drat fine close range weapon this season, but the buff is niicceeeee.

sup, lovely gun buddy

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Alternator and r99 serve different purposes anyway. You want to fight a little further than with the r99 but the thing is laser accurate, so it has a place.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
I dunno, I can shred with the Alternator at short range even without an extended mag. As soon as I get a white or blue it's end game quality. But medium range I find it unreliable, unlike the volt which I'm quite happy to use at medium range.
Personally I find the R99 unwieldy until I get a blue stock on it, then I can actually fire the thing without shooting the roof.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zesty posted:

It has SUCH a huge clip. The reload isn't so bad. It's just going to punish people who compulsively reload after every couple bullets.

stealth rampart buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

:siren::siren::siren: New thread! Getcha new thread here!:siren::siren::siren:

Complete with brand new, up to date OP! It's got pictures and everything!